Can We Get A Way To Save Mech Loadouts?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Lasertron3000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:33 PM

Why is there no way to save different loadouts for our mechs? With the UI being such a mess it just makes it a pain. It could not be very difficult to do. I'm refering to multiple different loadouts for a particular chassis.

#2 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,978 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

Good Idea also a clickable option to load your different load outs would be cool

#3 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

itd be even better if you could import/export mechs from like txt files or something

then you could share mechs with other people

#4 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:52 PM

That would mean people could easily swap equipment around instead of grinding a crapload of extra c-bills & GXP to buy duplicate modules and such, and of course we can't have that in this game.

#5 Lasertron3000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:55 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 15 January 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Good Idea also a clickable option to load your different load outs would be cool

Thats what I'm talking about. We should be able to list our builds, pick one, and hit battle button. How is this not a thing?

#6 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Ikr? All these quality of life features that other MW UIs had that MWO I guess missed the boat on...

Fiddling in the Mech lab is half the fun of a Mechwarrior game, but when the UI is the UI we have.....it really kills the mood.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 15 January 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#7 Lasertron3000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

View PostPjwned, on 15 January 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

That would mean people could easily swap equipment around instead of grinding a crapload of extra c-bills & GXP to buy duplicate modules and such, and of course we can't have that in this game.

I don't know what they are smokin', but that has the polar opposite effect for me. Makes me not want to bother really.

#8 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:06 PM

View PostLasertron3000, on 15 January 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

I don't know what they are smokin', but that has the polar opposite effect for me. Makes me not want to bother really.

Yeah, it just makes the crappy grindfest that much worse, so same here.

#9 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:11 PM

EVE Online has an excellent system for saving, loading, and sharing "Fittings" for ships.

I'm very tempted to throw together a demo for MWO in Unity and show just how good the UI could be, but have never been able to find the time

#10 dubplate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

View PostPjwned, on 15 January 2015 - 03:52 PM, said:

Depends how they implement it, chances are the loadout interface wouldn't take items from other mechs so you'd have to have it in your inventory to work anyways.

#11 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

There has been some conjecture that such features do not fit well with the grind/monetization model. If it becomes too easy to strip mechs and reassemble them based on pre-configured loadouts, it makes it less important to grind out multiple engines, modules, and so on.

This in turn means less urgency to premium time, as well as making it less important to try to get c-bills directly via MC or indirectly (such as buying and selling the CDA-2A Champ mech).

#12 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostKyrie, on 15 January 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

There has been some conjecture that such features do not fit well with the grind/monetization model. If it becomes too easy to strip mechs and reassemble them based on pre-configured loadouts, it makes it less important to grind out multiple engines, modules, and so on.

This in turn means less urgency to premium time, as well as making it less important to try to get c-bills directly via MC or indirectly (such as buying and selling the CDA-2A Champ mech).

what he said. pgi loves our wallets, not our sanity

#13 Lasertron3000

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Well this is the first game I have ever seen where the powers that be seem to actually passive agressively "troll" their costomers. From the seemingly steady drop in c-bill payouts, to trying to "hide" our stuff. They actually believe tactics like that get them more money? Seems like it would actually hurt thier bottom line in the long run. But maybe they think differently in Canada. Learned all I know about Canada from watching Southpark.

Edited by Lasertron3000, 15 January 2015 - 05:38 PM.

#14 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

The devs dont read these forums. You have to go post on Reddit to be seen by them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users