41 replies to this topic

#21 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Keep the generic heat reduction, set erppc to 10%
Give awesome 25/25 instead. That's what I hope to see anyway.

#22 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

"lol no."
Sincerely, PGI

(According to the latest Town Hall, they have no plans to nerf the TDR-9S)

#23 darkchylde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 January 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

"lol no."
Sincerely, PGI

(According to the latest Town Hall, they have no plans to nerf the TDR-9S)

Nerfs suck - better to buff them to TDR-9s level.

#24 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:48 PM

View Postdarkchylde, on 16 January 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

Nerfs suck - better to buff them to TDR-9s level.

That is indeed the plan. Except to see Dragons with a 500% cooldown bonus and Orions with 9000% PPC projectile speed bonus.

#25 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 16 January 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

That is indeed the plan. Except to see Dragons with a 500% cooldown bonus and Orions with 9000% PPC projectile speed bonus.

Yeah, powercreep.......for me, kills games...

MWO is going to go full on Call of Duty mode, where you walk around a corner with a Direwolf, see a single TDR9S and with all his quirks, he mows you down in 2 seconds flat......

I can see this game really being power creeped to hell in a year or so. Its going to be like EQ2 Shadowknight, walk in a room, AoE like mad, the room dies...NEXT.

#26 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 16 January 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

Yeah, powercreep.......for me, kills games...

MWO is going to go full on Call of Duty mode, where you walk around a corner with a Direwolf, see a single TDR9S and with all his quirks, he mows you down in 2 seconds flat......

I can see this game really being power creeped to hell in a year or so. Its going to be like EQ2 Shadowknight, walk in a room, AoE like mad, the room dies...NEXT.

The quirks were in response to the Clans. If you want they could do what they used to do. Nerf the popular meta into the ground. And any mechs that make use of said meta get nerfed hard. Like the Victor. Which incidentally after removing it's negative quirks was founding lacking as a Tier 1 mech.

#27 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

View Postgeodeath, on 16 January 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

More Thunderbolt whine. Enough already.

Oh, we're sorry, you must be a Thunderbolt pilot. Unfortunately some of us want to see things be corrected, such as the TDR's insane ability to boat 3 ER PPCs with less (or equivalent, I'm not actually quite sure) heat, better hitboxes, and better speed than the Awesome 9M, the mech known for doing that. The TDR should only be carrying at most 2 ER PPCs and still be heat efficient with them like it is now with 3. Unless you want to give the 9M a 50% or more heat generation quirk for the weapon (which would be silly) then the TDR does need to be brought back down from its currently ridiculously high perch.

#28 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

If we are going to buff every mech with PPCs to the thunderbolt's level. Then why not just remove PPC quirks, and make the damn weapons colder and recycle faster themselves and save PGI the time to code a bunch of mechs when they could just make PPCs not suck so hard in general. Just remove the PPC quirks and keep the general energy quirks.

#29 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

I've been using my 9M with 3 LPLs to great effect myself.

#30 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:24 PM

justice please!!!!

#31 ice trey

• 1,523 posts
  • LocationFukushima, Japan

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:23 AM

Frankly, I think that every single one of these "Quirks" should be made around the stock configuration.

If it's not good enough, add more quirk until it is.

Also, I would like to see more "General" quirks than weapon specific quirks, so maybe we'd see PPC Tbolts, or Missile-boat t-bolts...

The fact that all the griffins have SRM quirks, when none of the griffin variants in this game come with SRMs stock, irritates me to no end. Why no PPC or LRM quirks?

#32 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

I see nothing game breaking with TDR, -50% heat gen is the same thing as doubling dissipation, a thing that should've been done long ago. So if it were up to me I'd give -50% heat gen quirk to all mechs then implement penalties for reaching certain heat thresholds aka proper Heat Scale. TDR wouldn't have been able to shoot all 3 ERPPCs at once without being penalized, for example, unlike Awesome, and even then it would have to downgrade one ERPPC to normal one.

Edited by kapusta11, 17 January 2015 - 01:45 AM.

#33 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 January 2015 - 02:13 AM

I don't think bringing the AWS or any other mech up to the 9S's level on ERPPC would be a smart decision.

Why the 9S even got that much of a cut on ERPPC heat for its stock load of 1 ERPPC, still leaves me scratching my head.

PGI had to have known the chaos that would come from 9S quirks.. how did 50% heat reduction to ERPPC even get put on the table..

Now if those quirks were assigned to specific hardpoints, that would solve alot of problems, because if only that right arm on the TDR-9S was give that huge of a boost, we wouldn't have multiple QQ threads, let alone a 57 page thread about how ridiculously bent that one mech's quirks are.

9S ERPPC quirks need to come down to where the AWS-9M quirks are, and be done with it, simple as that.

On one side, I think the velocity is right on, 1250mps feels right, but should be applied to all PPC's for all mechs (PPC/ERPPC/C-ERPPC) and not even be part of quirks.

Enough with the powercreep though ffs.

#34 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:51 AM

View PostMister D, on 17 January 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

I don't think bringing the AWS or any other mech up to the 9S's level on ERPPC would be a smart decision.

Why the 9S even got that much of a cut on ERPPC heat for its stock load of 1 ERPPC, still leaves me scratching my head.

PGI had to have known the chaos that would come from 9S quirks.. how did 50% heat reduction to ERPPC even get put on the table..

Now if those quirks were assigned to specific hardpoints, that would solve alot of problems, because if only that right arm on the TDR-9S was give that huge of a boost, we wouldn't have multiple QQ threads, let alone a 57 page thread about how ridiculously bent that one mech's quirks are.

9S ERPPC quirks need to come down to where the AWS-9M quirks are, and be done with it, simple as that.

On one side, I think the velocity is right on, 1250mps feels right, but should be applied to all PPC's for all mechs (PPC/ERPPC/C-ERPPC) and not even be part of quirks.

Enough with the powercreep though ffs.

Power creep is the inevitable consequence of pgi's refusal to nerf tbr and scr. Best get used to it.

#35 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:31 AM

The awesome definately needs further erppc buffing, perhaps 15% less heat. And the thunderbolt needs to lose about 15-20% of that heat bonus it has (I own both mastered).

Edited by Axeface, 17 January 2015 - 07:31 AM.

#36 Golden Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostF4T 4L, on 17 January 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Power creep is the inevitable consequence of pgi's refusal to nerf tbr and scr. Best get used to it.

TBR and SCR have gotten constant nerfs since release. They can't even have internals optimized. You sir, are engaging in buffoonery!

They both got a little buff the same time IS lasers got a buff however.

Edited by Golden Vulf, 17 January 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#37 AntiCitizenJuan

• 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostMister D, on 17 January 2015 - 02:13 AM, said:

The 9M runs hot as hell with even 2 ERPPCs, it needs some kind of buff

#38 kapusta11

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostAntiCitizenJuan, on 17 January 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

The 9M runs hot as hell with even 2 ERPPCs, it needs some kind of buff

And everything else besides 9M and 9S runs even hotter.

#39 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

I just wish they gave the AWS some more armor and structure in the STs. Something ridiculous like 15 armor + 15 structure. The main problem with these things right now is their survivability.

Edited by Tahribator, 17 January 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#40 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

View PostBrody319, on 16 January 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

If we are going to buff every mech with PPCs to the thunderbolt's level. Then why not just remove PPC quirks, and make the damn weapons colder and recycle faster themselves and save PGI the time to code a bunch of mechs when they could just make PPCs not suck so hard in general. Just remove the PPC quirks and keep the general energy quirks.

IS ERPPC: 10/12 4s
CERPPC: 15/15 5s

Pitch the ERPPC quirks and call it good. wouldnt even need velocity buffs then...

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users