Warpigs Mc & Affs Present Wed Night Warfare

57 replies to this topic

#21 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, that's what I see too. Since they beat us four times in a row last time maybe they should come defend Kyrkbacken. We might be easier. :)

Then you Kuritas could turn back and fight the clans. The rate they're going the clan front is going to be on the Davion border sooner rather than later ;)

#22 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

I'm pretty sure the clan nerds are gonna be crying to their test tube parents once the mercs switch, so that's fine.

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

There is a huge, huge difference between 'fighting the Clans' and 'fighting one of the big 4 merc units'.

The merc units are not 'clans'. They are a huge group of players with a relative disinterest in BT, lore, factions, etc. who just move around playing with borders. Some of them won't play against CGB (cuz that's where they play with their Clan mechs) so CGB does best in the long run.

Not sure if there is a solution, or if there should be, or if it's good for CW in the long run or is going to be what destroys it. Mercs are not The Clans though. CSJ is a tough Clan faction. The others, meh. They are places Mercs go to play their Clan mechs and farm easy pugs for easy money. They also have some RP-oriented locals. Two very, very different things though.

#24 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

View Posthopterque, on 28 January 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure the clan nerds are gonna be crying to their test tube parents once the mercs switch, so that's fine.

^^

This. Sooner or later the clans who host the top mercs are going to get their cbill bonuses nerfed to the point where those guys will jump ship to go somewhere else, then its going to be the poor lonely CSJ clanners crying on the forums about how TDR spam is too OP to handle. LOL

If i was PGI I would of made it against the rules to have mercs working for the clanners (or at least made them use IS drop decks in service of the clans), reason being the popularity of the clans already, and the fact there is only FOUR of them, meaning every single person wanting to run clan tech is getting funneled into 4 channels, where the IS has more factions, is more spread out, meaning more fronts. But as it stands you got someone like CSJ who has a huge clanner following on its own, and then you got a bunch of mercs further unbalancing the system.

Edited by SteelWarrior, 28 January 2015 - 07:57 PM.

#25 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostSteelWarrior, on 28 January 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

^^

This. Sooner or later the clans who host the top mercs are going to get their cbill bonuses nerfed to the point where those guys will jump ship to go somewhere else, then its going to be the poor lonely CSJ clanners crying on the forums about how TDR spam is too OP to handle. LOL

If i was PGI I would of made it against the rules to have mercs working for the clanners (or at least made them use IS drop decks in service of the clans), reason being the popularity of the clans already, and the fact there is only FOUR of them, meaning every single person wanting to run clan tech is getting funneled into 4 channels, where the IS has more factions, is more spread out, meaning more fronts. But as it stands you got someone like CSJ who has a huge clanner following on its own, and then you got a bunch of mercs further unbalancing the system.

My biggest concern is for closing the pugging in the Clan border. Should require you to be at least in a 4man to play there not in your own faction. Otherwise, why should they go elsewhere? The tiny 50k cbill bonus and 25 lp is nothing compared to 95% easy matches playing a premade vs pugs.

With the significant difference to get into Clan mechs vs IS mechs you have a lot more 'poor pugs' and newbies on the IS side. I rarely if ever see pug Clanners when I play there.

There are some significant balance issues in the current design. I love the IS vs IS stuff as a given rule - there are so many issues with the Clan border that, well, it doesn't appeal.

#26 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:46 PM

gg RjBass. You eat and vape while playing CW. I also eat and vape while playing CW. Perhaps we are of the same kin. Namaste.

#27 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 28 January 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

There is a huge, huge difference between 'fighting the Clans' and 'fighting one of the big 4 merc units'.

The merc units are not 'clans'. They are a huge group of players with a relative disinterest in BT, lore, factions, etc. who just move around playing with borders. Some of them won't play against CGB (cuz that's where they play with their Clan mechs) so CGB does best in the long run.

Not sure if there is a solution, or if there should be, or if it's good for CW in the long run or is going to be what destroys it. Mercs are not The Clans though. CSJ is a tough Clan faction. The others, meh. They are places Mercs go to play their Clan mechs and farm easy pugs for easy money. They also have some RP-oriented locals. Two very, very different things though.

In terms of Factions, I think it might have been a better idea to go the MMO route here. For example, your factions would be Concord of Kapteyn, the Federated Commonwealth, and the Clans, and then the Houses would fit the role of the individual MMO-style "races" - essentially just one flavor of those factions. And yeah, that's essentially what we have, but in this model everyone in that alliance would be able to fight alongside everyone else in that faction (though I would also suggest having some limitations on the inter-alliance assistance for lore and balancing reasons). I don't know, it's only a partially-formed thought, but I feel it would have put the limited CW population to more efficient use.

Even in-canon, many to most of the merc units only fought for one House, or at least never against their faction of origin.

Edited by Valar13, 29 January 2015 - 12:03 AM.

#28 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:35 AM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 28 January 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

gg RjBass. You eat and vape while playing CW. I also eat and vape while playing CW. Perhaps we are of the same kin. Namaste.

ROFL. Uhg, I still wonder what is going on in the NKVA mind, but hey, we say go there and kill stuff, and they do.

Their posts are just too entertaining though.

Edited by Prophetic, 29 January 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#29 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:38 AM

View PostProphetic, on 29 January 2015 - 12:35 AM, said:

ROFL. Uhg, I still wonder what is going on in the NKVA mind, but hey, we say go there and kill stuff, and they do.

Their posts are just too entertaining though.

We're filled with the strength and benevolence of Dear Coordinator.

#30 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:36 AM

Also we really love anime and weed, Ha Ha Ha.

#31 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

Ok this has been bugging me for awhile. What is with the pink Jelly bean with headphones, a face and sword? Or is it supposed to be something else?

Speaking of NKVA's logo.

#32 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

I'm honestly curious about it as well.

#33 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 29 January 2015 - 08:15 AM, said:

I'm honestly curious about it as well.

You cannot recognize Dear Coordinator's face on the pink bean dog?

#34 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:24 AM

Oh those are dog ears! Ok... I thought the Pink Bean had on head phones so I thought it was some sort of Samurai DJ. Oddly enough the Pink Bean Dog makes more...err... sense... no.. it's still crazy, but a different sort of crazy.

#35 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:35 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 29 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

Oh those are dog ears! Ok... I thought the Pink Bean had on head phones so I thought it was some sort of Samurai DJ. Oddly enough the Pink Bean Dog makes more...err... sense... no.. it's still crazy, but a different sort of crazy.

Ugh, I hate agreeing with clanners. But at least it's a crazy on our side.

#36 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

It's a Mameshiba: http://dogatch.jp/mameshibaworld/

Dear Coordinator was so brave and handsome they made one especially for him.

#37 Lord DeicideRavenRose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

Ha ha ha ha.

#38 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

View Posthopterque, on 29 January 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

It's a Mameshiba: http://dogatch.jp/mameshibaworld/

Dear Coordinator was so brave and handsome they made one especially for him.

There are no words that I have to describe that.

#39 Hopper Morrison

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 249 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Missed last night. was so tired when i got home last night that I went to bed early. I remember loading up MWO and TS then waking up 20 min later.

see ya next week.

#40 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:36 PM

Last night was brutal. My group went from 5-2 in CW drops last week on the Marik border to 0-6 this week on the Kurita border. the two Kurita units defending Misery last night were solid groups.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users