Surface Texture/Physics?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Big Red

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Wondering if they'll finally translate that over from the TT? By that I mean increased speed on hard level surfaces (Roads etc) but risk of sliding when turning too sharply at higher speeds.

or Marshy ground slowing movement down for Mechs and most vehicles (not hover) - I know there aren't any vehicles in this current version of the game but there may be some in the future.

No jump-jets out of water.

#2 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:48 AM

I'd like to see simulation of this. Much in the same way I feel things should be handled with Mechs taking over 20 points of damage, or losing legs. I'd like to see you have the chance to take fall damage. Being able to stand back up. But don't make in random, tie it into the game design so to create small variations in the piloting. Put it in the players hands to know when they need to back off the throttle, how much they can push in a turn. These are pilot skill variables which are always called on during a match. It shows your ability, and makes for better, varied gameplay when the pressure is on.

Edited by John Clavell, 24 November 2011 - 04:54 AM.

#3 VYCanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 04:51 AM

you could possibly have audio queues of some sort kick in warning you if you need to back off a turn or the throttle a bit or risk slipping and falling. Like maybe the noise of your gyro getting real loud as it loses its battle vs gravity.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users