This Is How You Do Mwo Politics Right

17 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 06:59 PM

So let's remind everyone of the factions.

House Marky-Marik
Their leader quit his lead singer role to become an actor for Comstarlywood. They are now looking to fill slots for an even larger dude dance troup to promote on the MPOP music scene.

House Drunk Driving
Stein(er) = Tankard = Beer = a whole lotta drunken pilots. This is also why they believe all weight classes have 100 ton Mechs.

House Asgard
Odin and all the rest hang out here. Thor helped liberate this place from House Drunk Driving and House Anime but then Loki !$%&ed up and they got run over by the seasonal Clam migration reduced to a small place hiding behind the Tukayyid Bifrost.

House Anime
Ranges from interesting dramatic stuff to romance to disturbing tentacle Mechs. Whole lotta waifus if you are into that. Most popular is Dear Coordinator though one season it got bumped to #2 then suddenly a bunch of reviewers mysteriously suffered fatal accidents and Dear Coordinator was #1 again.

House Crusades
Always looking to go on religious conquering similar to old Crusades of Earth and failing. Pope Davion whatever-number-they-are-up-to still manages to keep the faithful praying.

Union of Capellan Confederate Republics (UCCP)
Promising to prove the Reds would have won the Cold War though divisions between Leninists, Stalinists and Maoists continue. Promises to regain the Northern Bloc states and rebuild the Wall.

Clam Green Birds
All pilots have side jobs in modeling and know how to make their Mechs walk properly and look pretty on the fashonista runway.

Clam Woofy
Pretends wisdom, their bark is worse than their bite. People used to love dogs until they turned on each other.

Clam Ghost Hunters
Love spooky stuff, constantly seen fighting nothing but claiming undead Mechs are real, just invisible to all vision modes except special equipment they have. Once fought a giant Mr Stay-Puff Mech or so they say.

Clam Still Smoking
They must be smoking some REAL good stuff to think they are this invincible. Cheech and Chong are gods to them.

#2 Kaio-Kerensky x10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 October 2021 - 07:03 PM

tldr

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:04 AM

Alright Wildstreak... even if it's a joke, you make me have to ask what this is... some kind of "Insult Everybody, so nobody feels left out." kind of thread? You're going to have all of the Factions targeting you on the battlefields now, give or take Mercenaries who hold to no single Faction Banner and who it happens to represent. I swear, I feel like I could hear a microphone drop just now. :o

~D. V. "doesn't think they have seen anyone trying to be a lightning rod in MWO ever for any reason" Devnull

#4 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:34 AM

i shoot kaio kerensky whenever i get a chance because it's the right thing to do

#5 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:44 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 04 October 2021 - 06:59 PM, said:

So let's remind everyone of the factions.

Hold on a sec... there are still folks who have some sort of personal attachment to faction identity in MWO? I had no idea factions and clans were anything other than icons to pick when trying to get an FP drop.

Wait...I just noticed this FRR logo stuff on a bunch of my mechs. I think this means something! It's coming back to me, now. Yes, I seem to recall a time when those letters meant something to me. A memory, dim from the kicked up dust of long tom strikes, round tables and something about buckets. A memory of factions and clans fighting in a mode called CW. There's something else too, something about an event...Turkey-id or something. It's right there I can almost see it. But the harder I try and recall it, the more the memory fades into mutterings of Russ saying something about "end game mode" and Paul being too tired.

Damn it, I almost had it, but alas, no, just the mind playing tricks on me. Pretty sure faction play is all we have and all we ever had, and there, factions and clans are just random icons with no "politics" or relevance to the game.

#6 Commoners

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 03:45 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 05 October 2021 - 03:44 AM, said:

Hold on a sec... there are still folks who have some sort of personal attachment to faction identity in MWO? I had no idea factions and clans were anything other than icons to pick when trying to get an FP drop.

Wait...I just noticed this FRR logo stuff on a bunch of my mechs. I think this means something! It's coming back to me, now. Yes, I seem to recall a time when those letters meant something to me. A memory, dim from the kicked up dust of long tom strikes, round tables and something about buckets. A memory of factions and clans fighting in a mode called CW. There's something else too, something about an event...Turkey-id or something. It's right there I can almost see it. But the harder I try and recall it, the more the memory fades into mutterings of Russ saying something about "end game mode" and Paul being too tired.

Damn it, I almost had it, but alas, no, just the mind playing tricks on me. Pretty sure faction play is all we have and all we ever had, and there, factions and clans are just random icons with no "politics" or relevance to the game.

Way to forget about the importance of Butte Hold.

#7 pattonesque

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:22 AM

View PostCommoners, on 05 October 2021 - 03:45 AM, said:

Way to forget about the importance of Butte Hold.

WoL never was able to capture that in FP and that makes me sad

#8 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:46 AM

View PostKaio-Kerensky x10, on 04 October 2021 - 07:03 PM, said:

tldr

#9 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:52 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 October 2021 - 03:04 AM, said:

Alright Wildstreak... even if it's a joke, you make me have to ask what this is... some kind of "Insult Everybody, so nobody feels left out." kind of thread? You're going to have all of the Factions targeting you on the battlefields now, give or take Mercenaries who hold to no single Faction Banner and who it happens to represent. I swear, I feel like I could hear a microphone drop just now. Posted Image

~D. V. "doesn't think they have seen anyone trying to be a lightning rod in MWO ever for any reason" Devnull

South Park was faring well with taking a piss on everyone.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 05 October 2021 - 06:38 AM

You got a (((giggle))) out of me, sir.

#11 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 05 October 2021 - 04:07 PM

OP left out the Periphery. For shame!

#12 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 05 October 2021 - 09:21 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 05 October 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

Yes, where's the Outworld Alliance or Taurian Concordat comedy roast?

#13 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 06:22 AM

View PostBlood Rose, on 05 October 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

View PostBowelhacker, on 05 October 2021 - 09:21 PM, said:

Yes, where's the Outworld Alliance or Taurian Concordat comedy roast?

Maybe that 'Wildstreak' person wanted all those various non-major Factions hunting them too. :P

~D. V. "making a joke about how targeted that 'Wildstreak' possibly wants to be" Devnull

#14 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 06 October 2021 - 07:26 AM

Posted Image

#15 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 08:51 AM

Honestly curious if someone has the info on how many matches are being played given how a certain subject is being talked about so much, clearly some people are playing less thus I would expect a pop drop.

That is supposed to be bad for business.

Yet people who say they care about buffing the pop are now more concerned about insulting each other than actually playing because it is impossible to be piloting your digital Mech in game that requires use of PC keyboard input when same keys are needed to post multiple topics on a subject.

Even more 'interesting' is how this topic is being treated as if it were LRMaggeddon or previous issues but those were related to game balance, performance of digital weapons and machines. This current subject actually has nothing to do with any of that but gets as many posts, has people flying into similar rages, will probably get as many multiple topics because some people refuse to follow rules.

I expect a drop in matches. The long, slow death is still on.

#16 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 09:36 AM

View PostJugger Grimrod, on 06 October 2021 - 07:26 AM, said:

Okay... What particular approximate Year is your Star Chart from? :o

And what about "Sector 0001" a.k.a. "Terra"??? Or does the domain of "House Kurita" feel that they don't exist? Or would you just call them "Mostly Harmless" in this case? :P

~D. V. "cracking two alternate references, but finally getting in-tune with the BattleTech-based jokes" Devnull

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 07 October 2021 - 06:09 AM

That Kurita point of view is amazing! Totally summarise the Inner Sphere as a whole.

Clam Green Birds
All pilots have side jobs in modeling and know how to make their Mechs walk properly and look pretty on the fashonista runway.

Where did ya know I modelling?! You are a psyker, a magus! Wait... Walk properly on the fashionista way? Well, those Summoners and Hellbringers have sexy legs :)

#18 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 07 October 2021 - 05:02 PM

Fedrats - Dracs - Snakes - Swiners - Limpies... :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users