Weapons

No replies to this topic

#1 Capnflintlock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

I've noticed most siege / defense matches have the offensive team just footsying until they can bum rush in a giant ball to objectives and then nuke it in seconds and die / repeat. Theres not much you can really do against this other than try to block/leg them, but when theres so many mechs moving together, it can be hard to focus/ coordinate with your team on targets.

It is for this reason, that I believe ARROW IV artillery should finally be released. For those of you that don't know, the ARROW is essentially a giant ass self guided High explosive round. Its a missile, but with very limited guidance / course correction. You can't bank shot it over a hill side, but rather, for the most part, have to have direct line of sight, and or specific laser target devices *tag* setup to fire it remotely. The weapon deals huge amount of damage, (20 if I recall correctly, and splashes). You could use them to punish players moving together in a zerg rush, by effectively hitting huge swaths of them at once. The weapon is also within the games timeline, so it is, in fact, canon.

The weapon system and ammunition are both heavy, and require a good bit of slots, this, combined with need for tag targeting or direct line of sight would limit its overall effectiveness, so I think it would be fairly balanced. Its additionally fairly ineffective against light / fast moving mechs because of its inability to make huge course corrections, so it would only punish heavy / assault mechs that could tank the damage.

What's your guys opinion?

Edited by Capnflintlock, 20 January 2015 - 10:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users