Patch Notes - 1.3.363 - 20-Jan-2015

66 replies to this topic

#21 UnHolyLegion

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

So....... are we still playing bug warrior online?? I do however like hte bits about faction grouping, a good step in the right direction :)

#22 Samurai 7

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

View PostDawnstealer, on 20 January 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Ohhh....this would explain why that Misery took about six shots to kill from my AC40 KGC.

It happens sometimes; I cant say that its a set in stone always happens problem. There seems to be external factors involved with how servers calculate hitboxes and predictive movement. There have days where it works perfect and i rack up 5 kills a game. Then there are days where ac20s only do splash damage for a direct hit. It makes no sense, but i have reported the problem with videos and nothing has happened
The problem is, if you only have 40 total shots, each one madders. So losing half the shots to misc errors isnt acceptable.

#23 BSK

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

The Mad Dog C has the Gauss in the torso, not in the arms.

http://www.sarna.net...:Honor_duel.gif

#24 Kojin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

We changed the location of the USER folder to minimize the amount of writing that was being performed to those files originally located in the system-level directory.

This is the first step to streamlining our accordance with the User Account Control system.

I prefer to keep my gaming files on my game hard drive and not on the default windows locations. I like to manage where things go. C:\ is my smaller hd for that reason.

#25 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 20 January 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

We changed the location of the USER folder to minimize the amount of writing that was being performed to those files originally located in the system-level directory.

This is the first step to streamlining our accordance with the User Account Control system.

can we at least get a custom folder for the screenshots please?

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 January 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#26 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:44 PM

I work with software packages every day and see lots of incorrect setups. This change to move the user files to a location that non-admin users have write access to is a good step in the right direction. Thumbs up to you PGI.

Although I suppose it wouldn't hurt to also let the users choose the path if they want to change it.

#27 Deuce Hxe

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 12:59 PM

Shouldn't all of this thread be in the "Patch Notes" thread? I was looking for it for a bit, til i saw someone had posted here.

#28 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hmm less exciting then I was hoping for but a patch none the less.

#29 MFZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostGauvan, on 20 January 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

It bugs me every time I start the game to have to give it admin rights.

Just start the client without the wrapper and voila!

#30 Varvar86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 441 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Dear developers
Please do something with matchmaking within invasion mode.
1) Not all players have enough friends and time to create Unit and play together
2) Please make able to join with friend into same invasion round with crated simple group (there is only 2 of us we cant create unit, but want play invasion together)
3) Please blance matchmaking. I understand that mechwarrior is all about team play. But again - not all players has friends and time to create/join units and play as its should be. And random players thrown into round can't compete 12 man Unit. I played a whole bunch of such rounds and thant can't be called other world than "R@pe". Simple examples of such loses are (12-48) (25-48) (20-48) and the best are (6-48). Yep that was [vrgd] unit an they are pros, but after such matches there no will to play this anymore. I'm almost sure that players in such units are also quite bored of such matches - they try to complicate their goal as much as they can - for example just killing evryone without even attacking generators etc. PLease analise this. For my opinion random players groups must not play with full units - lack of teamwork is always an issue within random matches ans those can be balanced only withing matchmaking system.

Thank you for your job.
Sorry for mistakes if any, English is not my native.

Edited by Varvar86, 20 January 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#31 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 January 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

- IS borders will now properly display in 3D vision

What does this mean exactly?

And while at it, it's about time you start looking at fixing bugs with 3D Vision. Since you introduced it, you NEVER looked back at it and you know when you introduce something that there may be bugs so fine, patience is a virtue but it has it's limit you know. I knew you were focusing on CW but now that it's there and that you already managed to fixe a few issues about it, it's time to do the same with 3D Vision.

The list:
  • The one that bother me the most is the Advanced Zoom module which hurt eyes, the crosshair is not rendered at proper depth.
  • Using SHIFT to move arms, the crosshair (circle reticule) does not follow arms, looks like it's locked for some reason.
  • Damage Glow does not work, I'm waiting for this since I joined in March 2013 where I was already playing in 3D. I want that awesome effect too!
  • Crosshair does not turn red completly when hitting target, like if there are 2 crosshair rendered, one turn red, the other remain yellow. See 2 screenshots:

Posted Image Posted Image

Lastly, while not a bug, I'd like the distance showing at the right of crosshair to render with some depth because our eye always focus on the crosshair which if far away and to read the distance, our eyes need to read that number which is rendered at the surface so constantly refocusing our eyes from far away to surface to far away is tiring. Maybe render it at the same depth of the 6 square dots around the crosshair? Those are not at the surface, neither far away. I think that would do it.

When you officially launched 3D, this thread was made to report all problems related to 3D. I tried to summarize all the important ones.

Thank you for looking into this. I'm willing to test if needed before you go live. Please keep me updated, nothing more annoying than having to remind you after each patch to not forget looking into this!

Edited by Rhialto, 20 January 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#32 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostBSK, on 20 January 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

Actually, it has those Gauss Rifles in arms. Technical Readouts and Record Sheets place them in arms unambiguously.

#33 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

View PostBSK, on 20 January 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

The TRO listing & the record sheet say the Gauss Rifles are in the arms - that particular piece of artwork just got it wrong. :rolleyes: ;)

#34 Recognition

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

What are some unique builds that these variants introduce?
I see 2 gauss rifle mad dog, jump jet dire wolf, what else might there be

#35 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

Why did you not do a bundle for these new clan mechs and why do they come with a combined price tag of 225.00 USD (rounded)? To be honest I'm upset at this since I've already got both top tier clan packs and will be getting both Wrath and Collectors Urbie pack, I really love this game and want to support it so of course I'll be buying all new clan mechs but I have to say I have the overwhelming feeling of being ripped off with these clan variants, yes I know they are coming out in April for free but still I want to support this game with real money.

#36 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:33 PM

Heat Over-ride - - worst thing yet - take it back to what it was with time limited effect. Currently no indication of overheat or as has happened with a number of people already, they disengage it and blow up immediately - - - yey

#37 Leigus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationSierra, Free Worlds League

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:58 PM

Thank god they changed the new Timberwolf's missile hardpoints. You had us scared there for a bit, Russ! 4x per torso would have been insane.

#38 s0da72

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 170 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Bummer thought we would get pass 2 quirks this patch.

I would like too see a package deal with the new variants as well.

Edited by s0da72, 20 January 2015 - 03:13 PM.

#39 ARamaLamaDingDong

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Is there a way to restore the old functionality of MWO using the “User” folder in the MWO installation folder, besides creating a junction point in Windows to point "...\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online" to "MWO installation folder\USER"?

I have MWO installed on a dedicated SSD and I absolutely don’t like having part of the MWO files stored outside it’s installation folder and especially not anywhere on the system drive.

Edited by ARamaLamaDingDong, 20 January 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#40 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

The Gift Store?
What if someone wants to get the new Clan variants for themselves, can a buyer gift himself?

Amazing those Turret gunners, ECM doesn't bother them yet players have to deal with it. :mellow:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users