How to survive the wait until Aug 7?

92 replies to this topic

#1 Thandal

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

I am struggling to find ways to fill the time until I can be deployed. Sure, there are other games available to help me pass the time and, sure, I have a family and they are nice and all but I need to charge into battle with my lance-mates and destroy all who stand before us!

#2 MrMasakari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 387 posts
  • LocationThe Kerensky Cluster

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Play everysingle battletech game you can find! Ive currently just played through MW3 all the MW4 series and now im going back to mech commander. It will soon be August :)

#3 Jason1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 800 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

World of Tanks seems to be the most popular free to play alternative to this at the moment

#4 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

MUST MAKE FIGURES AND CUDDLE WITH GF IT WONT PASS OTHERWISE

#5 Phasics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Go Here http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/

Play This
Posted Image

#6 Uri Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

Obsessively redesign your mechs over and over again until you find a way to get that third AC/20 to fit...

#7 Gorith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Tribes:Ascend, League of Legends, Diablo 3... Maybe I should give stellar impact a go I have had it for awhile and not given it a proper chance.

#8 Phasics

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostUri Brauer, on 28 June 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

Obsessively redesign your mechs over and over again until you find a way to get that third AC/20 to fit...

And then cry like a baby come Aug 7 when you find they didn't stick to TT rules :)

#9 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Good beer/cheap whiskey.*

(*Minion in no way condones underage drinking, excessive drinking, or irresponsible drinking)

#10 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

instead of 3 ac20 i would rather have a hunchback iic. 2 ac20's on a 50 tonner is pretty sick.

#11 Wyr

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTransylvania, Romania

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Saturday I will play MTG World Cup Qualifier. Next saturday Carcassone Regionals (Nats Qualifier).
The Secret World starts tomorrow (for those who preordered). I hope it will last a few weeks, good to play when not preparing to a qualifier.

#12 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostMinionJoe, on 28 June 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

Good beer/cheap whiskey.*

(*Minion in no way condones underage drinking, excessive drinking, or irresponsible drinking)

nice disclaimer bro

#13 ZoneOne

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Living Legends is fun. Definitely worth checking it out to give you a Mech fix if you haven't done so already.

#14 Lars Von Danzig

• PipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 29 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostJess Hazen, on 28 June 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

instead of 3 ac20 i would rather have a hunchback iic. 2 ac20's on a 50 tonner is pretty sick.

That thing is the definition of a glass cannon. Also, they are Ultra AC/20's, so they burn through 4 rounds a turn...and come equipped with a full ten shots.

If I remember properly, they are designed to give disgraced clanners an honorable way to die in combat :)

- LVD

#15 Hawkwolf

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

That line just made my day. Reminded me of when I told some guy I was playing battletech with that these two atlases had 4 ac20 each. In reality they were paper mache who's only job was to scare the enemy into the true threat.

I don't have the other mechwarrior games with me so just playing other games myself.

Edited by Hawkwolf, 28 June 2012 - 02:45 PM.

#16 Name48928

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCoMo

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostJess Hazen, on 28 June 2012 - 02:39 PM, said:

nice disclaimer bro

Contributing to the delinquency of a minor is only fun the first time.

#17 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

You won't.

DUN

Dun

duuunnnnnnn

#18 light487

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,385 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

I've been playing WoT mainly.. it only scratches the surface of satisfaction... but it'll do until then..

I fired up MW:LL and got it all up to date.. then went in to the game and found only a single server running with 16 players.. such a shame.. I played for 10mins or so.. then left... it's a good expansion/mod for Crysis Wars.. gets a lot of things right.. but it's limited...

#19 Gunther Elias

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

View PostLars Von Danzig, on 28 June 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

That thing is the definition of a glass cannon. Also, they are Ultra AC/20's, so they burn through 4 rounds a turn...and come equipped with a full ten shots.

If I remember properly, they are designed to give disgraced clanners an honorable way to die in combat :)

- LVD

That's patently ridiculous. The thought of the clanners not creating a machine crafted from sheer perfection intended to crush freebirth scum under their metal heels is just preposterous. I demand you apologize for your statement and vow celibacy from now until death.

#20 Kolhammer

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

WoT and the new sins of a solar empire....maybe play some endless space beta as that game feels like its longer than civ5, thinking about it i should really get out some of the old mech games and play them through as fast as i can

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users