Can We Get Invasion Pack 3 Rather Then A Hopping Direwolf?

38 replies to this topic

#21 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 05:41 AM

View PostMechaBattler, on 21 January 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Easier to add variants than new mechs is probably the reason for the variants. Adding diversity with the lowest amount of work. As well as make some money in between mech packs.

The way they're going from one pack to the next. I bet they're cracking the whip on their model/animation team.

Except that most of the variants, can already be build using existing omnipods. Basically more variants isn't really meaning much more diversity here. Diversity would be have been adding JJs to the Stormcrow so the Clans would have a viable 55 ton jump capable mech, something that completely does not exist in the TRO. Diversity would have been adding arms with more than one energy to the Adder. Diversity would have been adding a variant of the Mist Lynx that had a few energy mounts in the torso. Diversity would have been adding missiles hard points to the Nova. Diversity would have been adding a War Hawk variant that didn't have one of its entire side torso locked with heat sinks. Instead we going only maybe 4-5 usable pods out of the whole mess and only 1 chassis, the Dire Wolf with its CT JJ that is unique.

#22 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

Take it easy... wave 1 and 2 are still for sale, the IS resistance pack mechs want delivered yet. Be assured they are cooking something nice for your wallet... but rigjt now, these new variants are like appetizers :) expensive appetizers though...

#23 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:56 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 22 January 2015 - 05:41 AM, said:

Except that most of the variants, can already be build using existing omnipods. Basically more variants isn't really meaning much more diversity here. Diversity would be have been adding JJs to the Stormcrow so the Clans would have a viable 55 ton jump capable mech, something that completely does not exist in the TRO. Diversity would have been adding arms with more than one energy to the Adder. Diversity would have been adding a variant of the Mist Lynx that had a few energy mounts in the torso. Diversity would have been adding missiles hard points to the Nova. Diversity would have been adding a War Hawk variant that didn't have one of its entire side torso locked with heat sinks. Instead we going only maybe 4-5 usable pods out of the whole mess and only 1 chassis, the Dire Wolf with its CT JJ that is unique.

The Warhawk CT has 1E hardpoint actually, so thats unique too.

And we will get a viable JJ medium when PGI gets round to releasing the Huntsman. It is 50 tons not 55, but is a great deal better than the nova (has ES+EF, 5x JJs, 23.5 tons of space - 0.5 tons more than the SCR, minimum 7E/2M/2B hardpoints if Piggy give us the worst variants they can, more if they are nicer)

#24 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 21 January 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Lol, those pods were not his answer to the 9s, it was Russ saying "calm down clanners, your getting some nice stuff to, so leave the 9s alone for now"......more or less.

If clanners are supposed to leave the 9s alone, that would imply that the nice stuff they get will even out the playing field in some way.

#25 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:15 AM

Give the Timber Wolf D arm pods a quirk that make their cERPPC's 15/15, and I'll have an answer for the Thunderbold, in the form of a 1 2 combo...

#26 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

View PostBlueduck, on 21 January 2015 - 05:32 PM, said:

Seriously, I'm not paying real money for some omnipods, especially ones that are pretty lame in all frankness.

That said, I would very much like to pay some real money for a 20, 40, and 95 tonner. Weight diversity is something the clans really need right now, not a dual gauss maddog that will never have enough ammo to be decent.

Agreed. Why should I purchase unquirked Clan mechs at $11 a pop when I can wait to BUY the omnipods with C-BILLS? Besides, I need to save my dollars for the Resistance pa.... ohwait, I'm Clan! Why would I WANT do that? :lol:

Sorry, I already paid for both Clan packs and am still waiting for the "balancing" part sans the "nerfing" part. It should never have taken 6 months to figure out and admit Clans were over nerfed, but then turn around and over buff meta-builds for IS? They'll get more of my money to keep their lights on when they work harder at balancing all mechs (IS and Clan) in a more realistic and common sense way.

Like I said, I paid for the first Clan pack happily, and then was blindsided by the heavy handed nerfs afterwards. I paid for the second Clan pack with slim faith that there were hopes the PGI team was working towards balancing Clan mechs out to make others more useful with quirks or other ideas. No serious approach with it yet. For them to throw these mechs out thinking that everyone's going to buy them up is laughable. I'm sure there are some who will, and to each their own. Value is a personal thing, and if they absolutely have to have it, well then good for them. But I've been burned twice, and it won't happen again until I see some more effort to fix the stuff they've already pushed out the door.

#27 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

Well they could have just not given anything new for the Clans. And you'd still be waiting for the next mech pack. Which probably won't be announced until the IS resistance pack begins to release. I remember when they said that IS and Clan mechs would release concurrently every month. But instead we get Clan mech pack, then IS mech pack.

#28 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:22 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 22 January 2015 - 06:02 AM, said:

Take it easy... wave 1 and 2 are still for sale, the IS resistance pack mechs want delivered yet. Be assured they are cooking something nice for your wallet... but rigjt now, these new variants are like appetizers :) expensive appetizers though...

With respect, I see it more as they took the same cheeseburger, and rearranged the condiments. So after having purchased a value meal with three cheeseburgers that different arrangements of how the condiments were put on, they're offering just one more cheeseburger at a separate price and the only thing that's changed is yet a different arrangement of condiments. It's not like they added bacon to it. Nothing special. Just the same thing, different arrangement.
woohoo.

#29 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

All that was needed was a Nova with missile slots, Ice Ferret with 3 missile slots for light hunting, Gargoyle with torso energy or missile slots, and an overall upgrade to Summoner. Everything in the last patch is redundant IMO.

#30 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 21 January 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Not to mention they cost a total of over $220... This number of 'variants' released in equal to Clan Wave 2, with no bonus or pre-order incentive content, at almost twice the price... HAHAHAH...no. -_- Seriously not even a $120 pack with some premium time or something?

THIS sounds reasonable. I would buy half of them at half price but with additional swaaaaaag.

Edited by ExoForce, 22 January 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#31 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

They're selling something early for MC... which is the same thing they've been doing since release. I'm not really sure why this needs to be a discussion every single time.

#32 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 22 January 2015 - 09:46 AM

View PostAsyres, on 22 January 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

They're selling something early for MC... which is the same thing they've been doing since release. I'm not really sure why this needs to be a discussion every single time.

Not for MC. For hard cash.

#33 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 22 January 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

can you see the lonely tear of the awesome running down his torso.

Lonely tear? It's more like Knowshon Moreno during the national anthem...

Posted Image

#34 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:07 PM

The hopping direwolf is real?!

makes me wanna find that part of the matrix when Neo found out the stomach tracker was real

Why cant we have jump jets on any mech as IS again?

Better yet, can I pay so that I can have jj on any IS mech?

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 22 January 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#35 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

Diversity would have been adding a War Hawk variant that didn't have one of its entire side torso locked with heat sinks.

omg yes

#36 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,611 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

I'd settle for a working Gauss Rifle. I might even buy some new Mechs or Mech-Packs if I could mount a Gauss Rifle with no de-sync.

#37 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:00 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 22 January 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Well they could have just not given anything new for the Clans. And you'd still be waiting for the next mech pack. Which probably won't be announced until the IS resistance pack begins to release. I remember when they said that IS and Clan mechs would release concurrently every month. But instead we get Clan mech pack, then IS mech pack.

$120 pack I could've done. Throw in some premium time and maybe even a couple modules? That would've been great! But $220 for 12 variants and NO bonuses?! What in the world did Paul and Russ start smoking?

#38 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 22 January 2015 - 07:00 PM, said:

$120 pack I could've done. Throw in some premium time and maybe even a couple modules? That would've been great! But $220 for 12 variants and NO bonuses?! What in the world did Paul and Russ start smoking?

"Dat loud..."

#39 FearNotDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 305 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

Love the Dire S Omnipods but you know what clan mech really deserved those side torso's? Anything but. Those side torso's on the warhawk would have been AMAZING!

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users