Can We Get Invasion Pack 3 Rather Then A Hopping Direwolf?

38 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:32 PM

Seriously, I'm not paying real money for some omnipods, especially ones that are pretty lame in all frankness.

That said, I would very much like to pay some real money for a 20, 40, and 95 tonner. Weight diversity is something the clans really need right now, not a dual gauss maddog that will never have enough ammo to be decent.

Edited by Blueduck, 21 January 2015 - 06:03 PM.

#2 Xetelian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

If I recall correctly Russ stated these were the answer to the TDR 9S and I don't really feel impressed.

#3 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

View PostXetelian, on 21 January 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

If I recall correctly Russ stated these were the answer to the TDR 9S and I don't really feel impressed.

Eeerm, me thinks either you misheard or the devs are very very confused. xD

#4 Vanguard836

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

I think it was more along the lines of wait until these came out before saying buff/nerf anything else either side.

#5 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostVanguard836, on 21 January 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

I think it was more along the lines of wait until these came out before saying buff/nerf anything else either side.

They probably think that now that the direwolf can pop tarts its gg tbolt. :lol:

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Easier to add variants than new mechs is probably the reason for the variants. Adding diversity with the lowest amount of work. As well as make some money in between mech packs.

The way they're going from one pack to the next. I bet they're cracking the whip on their model/animation team.

Edited by MechaBattler, 21 January 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#7 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:04 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 21 January 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

Easier to add variants than new mechs is probably the reason for the variants. Adding diversity with the lowest amount of work. As well as make some money in between mech packs.

The way they're going from one pack to the next. I bet they're cracking the whip on their model/animation team.

True, but this just feels like a super lame cash grab. Don't get me wrong, I think they can charge for them if they want but none of the variants are very good and are situational at best.

#8 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:10 PM

You don't recall correctly.

#9 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:12 PM

Sometimes Russ is just painful... I've spent $360 within the last 6-9 months to have all the clan mechs. Now with the paint barely dry on my gargoyles, I can either "pay more" or sit behind a 3-month paywall before I'll have access the best omnipods available for them. I mean I get it. They've got to make money - but it's not a great way of making your customers feel appreciated.

#10 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

Not to mention they cost a total of over $220... This number of 'variants' released in equal to Clan Wave 2, with no bonus or pre-order incentive content, at almost twice the price... HAHAHAH...no. -_- Seriously not even a $120 pack with some premium time or something?

#11 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:38 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 21 January 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

Not to mention they cost a total of over $220... This number of 'variants' released in equal to Clan Wave 2, with no bonus or pre-order incentive content, at almost twice the price... HAHAHAH...no. -_- Seriously not even a $120 pack with some premium time or something?

I agree, they aren't even a "deal". That said none of the new variants impress me that much. The ice ferret and mist lynx would be kinda cool, same thing with the gargy. Nothing that I really have to have though.

Now my firemoth and dragonfly are another story...

#12 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,980 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

And the Highlander is sitting quietly in his dark dusty corner, sobbing.

#13 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Lol, those pods were not his answer to the 9s, it was Russ saying "calm down clanners, your getting some nice stuff to, so leave the 9s alone for now"......more or less.

#14 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostMister D, on 21 January 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

And the Highlander is sitting quietly in his dark dusty corner, sobbing.

He's not there alone. Pretty Baby is right there with him. He's been there since Day 1.

#15 Serpieri

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:47 PM

Wait, what....seriously? Was he given the wrong information regarding the pods/quirks they would have?

#16 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostVanguard836, on 21 January 2015 - 05:37 PM, said:

Yeah something like that, and still doesn't impress me.

#17 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 21 January 2015 - 06:40 PM, said:

Lol, those pods were not his answer to the 9s, it was Russ saying "calm down clanners, your getting some nice stuff to, so leave the 9s alone for now"......more or less.

My issue with that isn't even about IS vs Clan even though every IS player assumes it is. My problem is that the Awesome (a mech I LOVE and have for a long time) is the PPC boat and was made to efficiently cool 3 (ER)PPCs which was unprecedented for any other mech. Now all of a sudden the TDR-9S is running 3 ERPPC more efficiently than a AWS can run 2 PPCs? Really?

The TDR-9S DOES need its quirks toned down to a reasonable level. NOT because I'm a Clanner and I'm QQing about the IS having something that can hurt me, but because I'm a PLAYER of MWO and the Awesome and the Thunderbolt has literally usurped the Awesome from his brief throne of having a role in the game once again after sitting in the mothballs for as long as it had, now its doing just that once again.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 21 January 2015 - 07:39 PM.

#18 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

Real cash for some variants that barely qualify as less than average? No thank you. And if these variants are the answer to the IS Thunderbolt then obviously someone asked the wrong question.

#19 Shabahh Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:03 AM

Apparantly adding variants is a lot simpler than slightly reducing the Tbolt's quirk bonuses. Or buffing other ppc mechs.

Edited by Shabahh Kerensky, 22 January 2015 - 04:03 AM.

#20 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:19 AM

can you see the lonely tear of the awesome running down his torso.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users