6 replies to this topic

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

Unless I'm missing something, it's actually impossible to search for a specific item in our FULL inventory and it's just make no sense.

Where did I put that AC/5 cooldown module again? Which mech have it equipped? I want to know in a click or two where a specific item is and not by pressing 30 x Configure then Modules then Back twice.

I thought UI2.0 would always get optimized? Where is UI2.1?

Edited by Rhialto, 25 January 2015 - 08:41 AM.

#2 Blitzkriegadier

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

View PostRhialto, on 23 January 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Unless I'm missing something, it's actually impossible to search for a specific item in our FULL inventory and it's just make no sense.

Where I have put that AC/5 cooldown module again? Which mech have it equipped? I want to know in a clic or two where a specific item is and not by pressing 30 x Configure then Modules then Back twice.

I thought UI2.0 would always get optimized? Where is UI2.1?

I agree 100001%.

I have 64 mechs (give or take a few), and I can NEVER find where I installed any particular module (eg Siesmic sensor/advanced zoom/etc).

Please allow SEARCH for specific items, inc ENGINES, EQUIPMENT, MODULES, WEAPONRY, WARHORNS, etc. Along with NAME/SELECTION of target MECH it is installed in.

Many thanks.

Edited by Blitzkriegadier, 23 January 2015 - 04:01 PM.

#3 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

Currently for those of you that have lots of mechs and can't find the specific module you need and it's in a mech, you can actually go to your inventory and check your mechs that way.

It's a lot faster. Photo below shows you exactly what I mean.

Posted Image

A search feature would be really great though.

#4 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:42 AM

DOH! How come I missed that all this time? :huh:

Fine, all what's missing now are the 3 cockpit items listed: standing, hanging, mounted.

Oh and it would be nice to scroll the list with the keyboard keys (up/down).

Edited by Rhialto, 25 January 2015 - 08:45 AM.

#5 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Quickly done this to show how handy inventory in the Mechlab (Modules & Cockpit items) would be.

#6 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:12 AM

It would be quite nice to have something better in terms of inventory management. As it is, it takes forever to find weapons, components, or engines.

...And to anyone who says, "Well, just do the extra work to find your stuff!" I say that in RL, every shop or workplace has inventory management PC, lists, etc that allow you to locate every piece of equipment or material at that location. It doesn't make sense that post the year 3000, inventory lists and queries have vanished from the galaxy.

We're not asking for auto removal or anything; just the ability to find the stuff so that we're not playing Easter Egg Hunt for that one egg that nobody can recall where it was hid!

#7 Savage Sweets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:36 PM

Wholeheartedly agree that the U.I. needs a search function, as well as more & better filters (that don't roll back each time you decide to look at a Mech's details).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users