Small Group Looking For Unit

19 replies to this topic

#1 Averath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

I'm representing a core group of friends who have been playing MW:O on and off since beta. Our small group has a variety of skill level and experience, but ultimately our focus has always been on communication and teamwork.

We're looking for a group who can coordinate with other players who value teamwork, but also foster a fun and hospitable environment. We're not hardcore players, as we each have obligations that mean we're not able to play MW:O on a regular or consistent basis.

If any Units think they'd be a good fit, or want to ask any further questions just drop a line here and I'll get back too you at the earliest convenience.

#2 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:22 PM

You should check out the 6th Rangers Night Talons at http://www.sortieboard.net/6RNT/Forum/

We're a fun loving group who and will work with you if you have any questions!

#3 pwnface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

Night's Scorn is heavily recruiting for Community Warfare. We run nightly 12mans and have players that are interested in both competitive and casual gameplay. Please come check us out!!

You can reach us on our teamspeak at ts.nstalkers.com or on our website nstalkers.com

#4 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

Hi Averath, if you're looking for a laid back semi-competitive environment you may like the remnant. We have a long history of combining the two play styles, and a lot of us have busy personal lives too. Check out our website here and our recruitment thread here, and feel free to PM me for info if you're interested.

#5 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:36 PM

hey you aren't part of house kurita go away pbiggz :P

#6 Averath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

View Postpwnface, on 23 January 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

Night's Scorn is heavily recruiting for Community Warfare. We run nightly 12mans and have players that are interested in both competitive and casual gameplay. Please come check us out!!

You can reach us on our teamspeak at ts.nstalkers.com or on our website nstalkers.com

I've looked into Night's Scorn before and I'm curious: is the F.A.Q. out of date? The main reason I didn't look toward contacting NS was due to the "Mandatory" requirement that is listed in the F.A.Q. for drops, such as training. Mandatory is something my group would most likely be unable to do.

#7 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:30 AM

View PostAverath, on 25 January 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

I've looked into Night's Scorn before and I'm curious: is the F.A.Q. out of date? The main reason I didn't look toward contacting NS was due to the "Mandatory" requirement that is listed in the F.A.Q. for drops, such as training. Mandatory is something my group would most likely be unable to do.

I think so, I asked a similar question (I just joined) and was told it wouldn't be an issue. I am EU based so would be unable to join in with most of the players (who are NA) anyway.

The main NS focus is CW. If you can drop in CW at any times and you're interested in playing it, I'm sure NS would welcome you.

#8 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:02 AM

Practice isn't mandatory at the moment but we do ask that players help out in the CW effort when they are online. Typically this means joining us for at least an hour or two a week for CW drops even if you prefer to drops in the non-CW queue.

#9 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

View PostAverath, on 25 January 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

While not a member of Night's Scorn my unit and I have dropped with them several times in the last few weeks. I'll vouch that they have a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. They're very supportive of players and pre-existing groups of players at any skill level working with them.

#10 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:14 AM

Feel free to check out the 9th Sword of the Dragon- We're always looking for more members. www.9thsword.org

Edited by Lord Ikka, 25 January 2015 - 04:16 AM.

#11 MallowOni

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:10 AM

As one member of the group of friends Averath is posting on behalf of I wanted to say thank you for the replies so far. Personally I'll be hard pressed to do much gaming at all for an unknown, but hopefully short time. I've been working 6-7 days a week since Thanksgiving and it'll remain that way until at least mid February.

I'm definitely the worst player of our group since I generally never play first person shooters, so here are a few archived/curret KDR stats to give you an idea of what you'd be taking on.

Overall KDR (archived/current): 1.24/.64
Atlas DDC: 89 matches, 1.52 KDR/ 10 matches, 1.25 KDR
Catapult K2: 115 matches, 1.30 KDR/ 3 matches, 1.00 KDR
KTO 18: 118 matches, 2.24 KDR / 19 matches, 1.62 KDR -- Yes it's noobtaro (i.e. streakboat) fit. Annoying the piss out of people is so much fun that I can't bring myself to fit it any other way.

Generally speaking assaults are my favourite weight class but I'm finding that right now I just walk out and die horribly (KGC-000L 15 matches, .44 KDR) since they don't allow you to reposition yourself in the event that you make a mistake, and I'm making tons of mistakes after being away from the game for a year or so.

Edited by MallowOni, 25 January 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#12 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

In the 6RNT we're not interested in stats just if you are having fun and kicking ass doing it :) like Time Bandit said come check us out. :) http://6RNT.sortieboard.net

#13 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:01 AM

Our FAQ was written back in the Closed Beta days of RHOD tourney. It hasn't been udpated in a very long time. CW has essentially become our practice grounds and much like our sister unit 9th Sword we are incredibly active in the CW scene and do community events as well from time to time. We do have a group which mostly casual drops and helps out with CW drops periodically.

Good luck, I think many of the HK units would be happy to have you.

#14 Averath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

View Postpwnface, on 25 January 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

Practice isn't mandatory at the moment but we do ask that players help out in the CW effort when they are online. Typically this means joining us for at least an hour or two a week for CW drops even if you prefer to drops in the non-CW queue.

While it'd definitely be nice to have a unit to work with, I'm skeptical of my group being able to join CW drops once per week, even if it is just for a few hours.

I don't want to make it out to seem as if my group is unreliable, but as has been mentioned earlier in the post at least one of the members of my group has a work schedule that often means he's unable to play at all for weeks at a time. RL stresses often build up and feelings of obligation from a game when you're simply treating it as an escape only serves to increase frustration, so I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

#15 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

RL comes first, always. No matter what feel free to join any of the units on the HKTS.

#16 muskrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

And don't forget to call on any of us if you need pilots to fill your ranks for a fight

Bow
Muskrat

#17 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

basically what Lord Ikka said:

RL Comes first, always. No matter what! Feel free to join any of the Units on the HKTS.

btw. if you are looking for another alternative, feel free to check us out as well

@: http://black-foxes.enjin.com

or simply jump in to say "hi" on our ts server

@: black-foxes.enjinvoice.com
pw: bangon

rgds
Om

Edited by Omdra, 27 January 2015 - 02:46 AM.

#18 takmui

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

check out wolf's aces

#19 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:50 AM

Posted Image

#20 Chameleon257

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:59 AM

LOL Duck they've been in our unit for like a year I thought it was "Humorous" too :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users