Jump to content

Let It Go


99 replies to this topic

#1 Commander A9

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

No, not Frozen.

But seriously, we've got ourselves in another spat with mercenary units of Ghost Bear (and it looks like everyone from Ghost Bear, too...).

Who cares why it started, but I have a recommendation for how to handle this in the future, for both sides.

Let crap go.

Someone comes into your forum and mouths off? Ignore it. Some money-hungry merc hits your rear-line? Ignore it and attack elsewhere.

If they're out for money and have no targets to drop against, they'll drop versus turrets and make only a few thousand C-Bills. It'll get boring really quickly and they'll go elsewhere. We'll get the planets back eventually.

Turn the other cheek, let it roll off your back; let your weapons on the field do the talking, not your mouth on the forums.

For now, let's just press our attacks in Rasalhauge; this other crap with Ghost Bear mercs is distracting and wasteful, and frankly doesn't motivate me to drop against them. I'd rather not waste my time.

Disclaimer: My observations are my own and should not be taken as representative of Clan Wolf International or any units associated with the aformentioned organization.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 January 2015 - 02:16 PM.


#2 Vassago Rain

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

I don't know about you, but I think it's hilarious that grown men thought they could get away with being generally unpleasant to everybody in a social videogame, and claim they're totally in charge of a huge faction.

Even now, you're in here posting RP stuff and telling them to take it to a batchall, or whatever. I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. RP has nothing to do with this.

#3 Commander A9

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

I said and meant nothing of role-play or batchalls.

I'm being quite series in response to real events as they happened.

I agree with you on the grown men part; I'm saying grown-ups should act like grown-ups and keep calm if someone tries shooting one's mouth off and firing off incendiary language in order to rile people up.

Getting involved in schoolyard fights like this doesn't do anyone any good, and it doesn't do anyone any good to start them, especially since we were just getting our momentum back.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 January 2015 - 01:26 PM.


#4 KinLuu

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 24 January 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

I don't know about you, but I think it's hilarious that grown men thought they could get away with being generally unpleasant to everybody in a social videogame, and claim they're totally in charge of a huge faction.

Even now, you're in here posting RP stuff and telling them to take it to a batchall, or whatever. I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. RP has nothing to do with this.


Currently, community warfare is far too carebeary anyways. At least for my taste.

#5 Commander A9

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

View PostKinLuu, on 24 January 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

Currently, community warfare is far too carebeary anyways. At least for my taste.


XD Another capsuleer goes ground-side, eh? :P

Sometimes I can't tell the difference between politics here and in New Eden.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 January 2015 - 01:31 PM.


#6 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

I know it is what all the merc units' goal was from the onset of their trolling (clan vs clan to slow us down) but at this point **** it--we need to be against Ghost Bear for the rest of CW. The actual GB units have been hiding behind their mercs for too long while claiming to be our allies but it has been a 1-way relationship from the start where basically they take what they want and even when their mercs are gone they get all puffy about the planets the mercs took.

Well, the nice thing is in a week like this when all the mercs are there they are a huge strong faction and maybe the most we can do is fight htem to a standstill. But the beauty is next week when all their mercs are gone they will basically be a cakewalk and not to mention whatever their mercs do in the NA ceasefire can be undone by our large number of players in the european ceasefire.

They've already proven they won't leave us alone time and again so from this point on we need to treat them like any IS house.

#7 Lily from animove

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,886 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:33 PM

hahah, I doubt its the merc untis, somehow its going to be have way too much system, I mean when its the mercs, why only the GB's?

#8 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 24 January 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

hahah, I doubt its the merc untis, somehow its going to be have way too much system, I mean when its the mercs, why only the GB's?


Because its coordinated and planned, and that is the plan.

#9 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,881 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

That's funny since the CGB people I've talked to said that CW would be a cakewalk, and they were going to knock you guys out of the game within 2 weeks. You guys should really revoke Gyrok's forum privileges and have his unit demote him for bringing all this strife to the Clan. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this goes. <insert popcorn meme of choice>

#10 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

View PostDavers, on 24 January 2015 - 01:36 PM, said:

That's funny since the CGB people I've talked to said that CW would be a cakewalk, and they were going to knock you guys out of the game within 2 weeks. You guys should really revoke Gyrok's forum privileges and have his unit demote him for bringing all this strife to the Clan. Either way, it will be interesting to see how this goes. <insert popcorn meme of choice>


You have to understand the % of them that are ACTUAL CGB units are very small. While they have all these mercs (currently MS, CI, and ACES) they are likely the largest and strongest faction in the game.

However, 7 days at a time that is not true and actual CGB units are on their own.

Edited by Kain Thul, 24 January 2015 - 01:40 PM.


#11 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,881 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 24 January 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:


You have to understand the ACTUAL CGB unit is very small. While they have all these mercs (currently MS, CI, and ACES) they are likely the largest and strongest faction in the game.

However, 7 days at a time that is not true and actual CGB units are on their own.

Aren't you glad now that Gyrok didn't get his way and that the mercs will leave after a week instead of a month or longer?

#12 Kain Demos

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostDavers, on 24 January 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

Aren't you glad now that Gyrok didn't get his way and that the mercs will leave after a week instead of a month or longer?


I don't care either way. Hopefully they do what they promised eventually and make the mercs their own faction with their own territory. I think a lot of this trolling by "merc units" is them acting out since PGI gave them the shaft at the last minute.

#13 Commander A9

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

Revoke his forum privileges? You mean revoke his ability to post off a forum we don't control? Come on.

Even if someone was disciplined, that doesn't stop said person from coming onto here and screaming.

That goes for anyone on any faction. The most than can be done is say "this person doesn't represent everyone's opinion."

#14 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,881 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 24 January 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:


I don't care either way. Hopefully they do what they promised eventually and make the mercs their own faction with their own territory. I think a lot of this trolling by "merc units" is them acting out since PGI gave them the shaft at the last minute.

Yeah, my understanding of CW was the l33t mercs would be doing their own thing leaving Faction CW to us RPers and filthy casuals. ;) But it's not done yet by far. When mercs are fighting over planets that reward MC they will leave us alone to our fun.

#15 Commander A9

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:50 PM

No they won't...This is all fun for them, watching us bicker at each other like this.

#16 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,881 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:53 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 January 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Revoke his forum privileges? You mean revoke his ability to post off a forum we don't control? Come on.

Even if someone was disciplined, that doesn't stop said person from coming onto here and screaming.

That goes for anyone on any faction. The most than can be done is say "this person doesn't represent everyone's opinion."

Some people's opinions carry more weight than others. Gyrok has done nothing but alienate the mercs with his silly pronouncements. Maybe if more CW players told him to shut up and say 'These are not the opinions of CW, please ignore him' this wouldn't have happened.

But what really has happened anyway? More fighting for everyone is a good thing. Shortens all those CW waiting times. CW has, and will lose, nothing except possibly pride. Even then you can claim a moral victory since you will be fighting a HUGE force of mercs that, quite frankly, would be unstoppable by nearly any faction on pure numbers alone.

#17 Noesis

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,431 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 January 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

Let crap go.


Clan wolf Translation:

Posted Image

#18 Commander A9

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

That graphic is EXACTLY the attitude we should have right now.

I don't know, man. If you found yourself under attack 24/7 by people who are supposed to be your allies but are working strings behind scenes against you, opinions might be a little different.

Edited by Commander A9, 24 January 2015 - 01:59 PM.


#19 Davers

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,881 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:00 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 January 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

I don't know, man. If you found yourself under attack 24/7 by people who are supposed to be your allies but are working strings behind scenes against you, opinions might be a little different.

I'm from House Marik. Civil wars are totally our thing. :)

#20 Vassago Rain

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 January 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

That graphic is EXACTLY the attitude we should have right now.

I don't know, man. If you found yourself under attack 24/7 by people who are supposed to be your allies but are working strings behind scenes against you, opinions might be a little different.


Maybe you guys with your wolf tags shouldn't have been super insulting to the rest of the playerbase?

Then there's the obvious.



Multiplayer game where you conquer blips on a map. Of course people won't 'ally' with you, unless said allies are other players you've known for years.

Edited by Vassago Rain, 24 January 2015 - 02:03 PM.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users