99 replies to this topic

#61 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:25 AM

View PostRepasy, on 25 January 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

The issue is that people are taking issue. On both Wolves and Ghost Bears. For the last couple of days both factions have largely been focused on each other instead of opposing IS factions, and this is including players not directly involved in the spat. The behavior snowballs, and now the Wolves want to rip us because as far as they're concerned, The mercs and Ghost Bears are one and the same. So now we've got a friendly faction holding a grudge because of this merc ****storm.

Repasy...all of us involved are part of the game. How we all want to play this game is apart of CW and you don't get to dictate what that is any more than we do. And currently there are no mercs...or we are all mercs...depending on how you want to look at the contracts. Anything else is just RP. Currently a large portion of CGB, even those with a loyalty contract without end, have decided to take part in this dispute, a border dispute that is part of the very fabric of this game. You don't have to. But we are. Getting upset about it doesn't make much sense. Keep enjoying playing your game. Attack where you and your unit want to attack. Defend where you and your unit want to defend. Make alliances. No one is stopping you. I encourage you to create the CW that you want, in a positive way that does not include belittling others play-styles or calling people and units names. Good on you for creating a thread asking for a focus south. However we did indeed focus on the FRR attack lane before doing anything else this evening...and we made sure it was ours before even starting to defend our own world from ClanW, much less attack the ClanW world that was open to attack by the mechanics PGI has provided.

Keep it fun.

Edited by Ax2Grind, 25 January 2015 - 01:26 AM.

#62 Ihasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

View PostGyrok, on 25 January 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

FTFY

[Citation needed]

#63 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 25 January 2015 - 08:31 AM

Which, again, I ask you all.

Can we let crap go and move on?

I'd rather fight Inner Sphere than Ghost Bear, mercenaries or not.

From the way they've played, the mercenary units of Ghost Bear can be powerful allies if we all work together.

Edited by Commander A9, 25 January 2015 - 08:32 AM.

#64 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

View PostRepasy, on 25 January 2015 - 12:45 AM, said:

The issue is that people are taking issue. On both Wolves and Ghost Bears. For the last couple of days both factions have largely been focused on each other instead of opposing IS factions, and this is including players not directly involved in the spat. The behavior snowballs, and now the Wolves want to rip us because as far as they're concerned, The mercs and Ghost Bears are one and the same. So now we've got a friendly faction holding a grudge because of this merc ****storm.

Finally a reasonable Bear who got it. Respect, trothkin.

View PostAx2Grind, on 25 January 2015 - 01:25 AM, said:

I encourage you to create the CW that you want, in a positive way that does not include belittling others play-styles or calling people and units names.

Just like some mercs like to troll and annoy in every possible way those who wish to roleplay and achieve their factions' ultimate goal? :rolleyes:

View PostCommander A9, on 25 January 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

From the way they've played, the mercenary units of Ghost Bear can be powerful allies if we all work together.

Trothkin, i would totally let it go, just after the Bears let us retake the planets they took from us all the way to Ferris, so we can both move on something else. Then i will be fine, and the Bears will be my best friends again ^_^

#65 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 25 January 2015 - 08:31 AM, said:

Exactly! This whole weekend's potential has been squandered thanks to this clan spat. We've only taken a fraction of gains that we could have, and that's in large thanks to pugs/units that have ignored this petty conflict.

This fight over Crellacor keeps going back and forth, nobody's making any gains, so as far as community warfare goes it's a wasted effort and they'll have nothing to show for it other than C-bills and XP. Meanwhile, us TRUE CLANNERS are doing the best we can to continue a faltering drive for Terra.

If we make it there someday and this Wolf-Bear conflict is still going on, that's fine I guess. They just won't be able to partake in the glory and recognition of achieving Kerensky's vision, as they will all be labeled dezgra by that point. Forgive me for trying to save them their honour...

#66 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

I say who cares, let them fight. I was gonna happen sooner or later. Some people dont know when to shut their mouths, so you get hit in the face. The fact is that we are still taking planets at the same time, not to mention majority of units have stopped playing CW anymore, so let people do what they want. Screw politics fight whomever and wherever, and let the cream of the crop rise to the top.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Kyle Wright, 25 January 2015 - 03:14 PM.

#67 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostKyle Wright, on 25 January 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

Screw poitics fight whomever and wherever, and let the cream of the crop rise to the top.

Well neg, player politics are always half of the fun :P

#68 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 24 January 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

No, not Frozen.

But seriously, we've got ourselves in another spat with mercenary units of Ghost Bear (and it looks like everyone from Ghost Bear, too...).

Who cares why it started, but I have a recommendation for how to handle this in the future, for both sides.

Let crap go.

Someone comes into your forum and mouths off? Ignore it. Some money-hungry merc hits your rear-line? Ignore it and attack elsewhere.

If they're out for money and have no targets to drop against, they'll drop versus turrets and make only a few thousand C-Bills. It'll get boring really quickly and they'll go elsewhere. We'll get the planets back eventually.

Turn the other cheek, let it roll off your back; let your weapons on the field do the talking, not your mouth on the forums.

For now, let's just press our attacks in Rasalhauge; this other crap with Ghost Bear mercs is distracting and wasteful, and frankly doesn't motivate me to drop against them. I'd rather not waste my time.

Disclaimer: My observations are my own and should not be taken as representative of Clan Wolf International or any units associated with the aformentioned organization.

so you just want to run away hehe

#69 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

All this stuff going on and with every CW reply all I can think is; Why don't you just FIGHT for it?

Weeeak

#70 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:21 AM

Maybe there's some obvious theme in related threads... but you know there's no reason to make enemies when you don't need to?

Making everyone your enemy does not magically give you the right to claim underdog status... as that's what it reads to me.

As such, I think the Community in Community Warfare is reflecting that.

It would only take this one person to make a truce... but noone forced that person to do these embarrassing things in the first place...

Edited by Deathlike, 26 January 2015 - 02:22 AM.

#71 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:35 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2015 - 02:21 AM, said:

Maybe there's some obvious theme in related threads... but you know there's no reason to make enemies when you don't need to?

Making everyone your enemy does not magically give you the right to claim underdog status... as that's what it reads to me.

As such, I think the Community in Community Warfare is reflecting that.

It would only take this one person to make a truce... but noone forced that person to do these embarrassing things in the first place...

I have tried to be reasonable with these groups to draw hostilities to a close. I have approached multiple members of that group from their leadership numerous times. I have discussed, and each time been given a ridiculous ultimatum that requires Clan Wolf to cede a huge number of planets or some other rubbish to get them to stop.

Clan Wolf will not cede any planets to mercs, or anyone else...especially not for the sheer sake of someone attacking a faction on the other side of us. If they want so badly to hit CJF, then they can bloody well join Wolf and get on with it. Trying to cut a swath through Wolf from Ghost Bear "just because" is a bit asinine by any reasonable human being's own standards.

Also, as stated above...I have tried on numerous occasions to draw merc hostilities to a close as it is tiresome to have to keep jacking with it. I am past that point. As any reasonable person who had been dealing with this for over a month now would be...

#72 JT Black

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 230 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

I will make only one post in this thread.

To point your attention to a certain passage in lore ,for the ones who can see the meaning .

Passage 149

“ Like a poisonous weed, the Not-Named fostered
Thoughts and actions against the Clans, calling them
"Independence" and "Freedom", not realizing

Their every act chained them to the corruptions
That brought down the noble Star League

And set the Inner Sphere aflame.

But the Clans survived by condemning
Them to a bitter annihilation.

Led by Clans Wolf and Widowmaker,

The Grand Council wiped clean the records,
Obliterating with the warm blood
Of its tragically doomed warriors

Every mention of the Not-Named Clan."

#73 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

View PostGyrok, on 26 January 2015 - 06:35 AM, said:

I have tried to be reasonable with these groups to draw hostilities to a close. I have approached multiple members of that group from their leadership numerous times. I have discussed, and each time been given a ridiculous ultimatum that requires Clan Wolf to cede a huge number of planets or some other rubbish to get them to stop.

What exactly are you negotiating? An "apology" (by you or the opponents) or "leave us the hell alone" type of response?

Clan Wolf will not cede any planets to mercs, or anyone else...especially not for the sheer sake of someone attacking a faction on the other side of us. If they want so badly to hit CJF, then they can bloody well join Wolf and get on with it. Trying to cut a swath through Wolf from Ghost Bear "just because" is a bit asinine by any reasonable human being's own standards.

All I can say is that if you attack an "algo mistaken" attack corridor (wormhole) and closed up GB's opportunity to attack JF and/or Steiner space while it didn't affect Clan Wolf directly (as in, it didn't cut off Clan Wolf's movement to FRR and Steiner), you chose a path that caused repercussions. It happens just as well in real life. It's the amazing part of community warfare...

Sometimes the needs of the few do NOT outweigh the needs of the many. I guess you're paying for it in spades really.

As they say... "why poke the bear?"

Also, as stated above...I have tried on numerous occasions to draw merc hostilities to a close as it is tiresome to have to keep jacking with it. I am past that point. As any reasonable person who had been dealing with this for over a month now would be...

The Mercs ultimate goal is to play and get paid. Any attempt to stop that would inevitably get MORE of them to NOT cede to your cause. You don't even have to be a Merc to see that. If anything, it's attracting more Mercs AND non-Mercs to fight for the GB cause to stomp Wolf out just on principle.

Unless GB suddenly shrinks overnight... you're fighting a battle that the Community (not GB specific) feels you don't deserve to win.

Edited by Deathlike, 26 January 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#74 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostDamocles, on 25 January 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

All this stuff going on and with every CW reply all I can think is; Why don't you just FIGHT for it?

Weeeak

Fight for it? What do you think they are Clan Members who are part of a military society that settles their differences on the battle field instead of sending angry strongly worded messages to each other via Clan-Net*?

*Clan-Net-- Delivering messages from the Pentagon World's to the Innersphere. Whether you have an attack order or just want to ask a fellow warrior if they would like to couple, Clan-Net will make sure your message gets there with no loss of frames per second.

#75 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostNicho1as Kerensky, on 26 January 2015 - 06:50 AM, said:

I will make only one post in this thread.

To point your attention to a certain passage in lore ,for the ones who can see the meaning .

Passage 149

“ Like a poisonous weed, the Not-Named fostered
Thoughts and actions against the Clans, calling them
"Independence" and "Freedom", not realizing

Their every act chained them to the corruptions
That brought down the noble Star League

And set the Inner Sphere aflame.

But the Clans survived by condemning
Them to a bitter annihilation.

Led by Clans Wolf and Widowmaker,

The Grand Council wiped clean the records,
Obliterating with the warm blood
Of its tragically doomed warriors

Every mention of the Not-Named Clan."

I understand. Many will not. Many will laugh at this.

But see the truth of Nicholas' words..

"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness.."

#76 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

What exactly are you negotiating? An "apology" (by you or the opponents) or "leave us the hell alone" type of response?

All I can say is that if you attack an "algo mistaken" attack corridor (wormhole) and closed up GB's opportunity to attack JF and/or Steiner space while it didn't affect Clan Wolf directly (as in, it didn't cut off Clan Wolf's movement to FRR and Steiner), you chose a path that caused repercussions. It happens just as well in real life. It's the amazing part of community warfare...

Sometimes the needs of the few do NOT outweigh the needs of the many. I guess you're paying for it in spades really.

The Mercs ultimate goal is to play and get paid. Any attempt to stop that would inevitably get MORE of them to NOT cede to your cause. You don't even have to be a Merc to see that. If anything, it's attracting more Mercs AND non-Mercs to fight for the GB cause to stomp Wolf out just on principle.

Unless GB suddenly shrinks overnight... you're fighting a battle that the Community (not GB specific) feels you don't deserve to win.

You mention size then say deserve.....is it can't win or don't deserve to win?

I don't see what your faction has to do with this anyway apparently you guys already settled your merc issues.

Also, GB can shrink rapidly in population because every 7 days it has.

Edited by Kain Thul, 26 January 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#77 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2015 - 10:12 AM, said:

Unless GB suddenly shrinks overnight... you're fighting a battle that the Community MercStar (not GB specific) feels you don't deserve to win.

Who is MS to dictate what makes other players happy quiaff?

Is it not up to each individual to determine how they wish to play the game?

Is it not selfish of them to impose what they think should be upon others who feel their version of happiness is short sighted and slanted to their favor, quineg?

There are 2 sides to this. The Community has no part in any of this, only mercs who wish to impose their will upon the rights of others to play the game.

#78 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 January 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

You mention size then say deserve.....is it can't win or don't deserve to win?

I'm pretty sure what matters is the slices of the pie you win over your opposition. Everything else is just noise.

I don't see what your faction has to do with this anyway apparently you guys already settled your merc issues.

I'm just a spectator. Nothing more.

Also, GB can shrink rapidly in population because every 7 days it has.

Sure, so, why don't you take advantage of that?

View PostGyrok, on 26 January 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Who is MS to dictate what makes other players happy quiaff?

Pointing out a specific unit does not help get you sympathy.

MS does what it wants however it wishes to please the units within itself. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they believe you are screwing with what they are trying to accomplish... then shouldn't you be part of the solution?

I'm not saying they should dictate terms, but you are no more "right" than they are.

The more people you have in a group/faction.. the more influence you will have in CW. Full stop. It helps to have a lot more skilled players, but that should be obvious.

Is it not up to each individual to determine how they wish to play the game?

Sure, if it doesn't produce the result you are aiming for, then you should honestly to reconsider your position.

For instance, if you don't care if you're taking in a Atlas D-DC Lurm boat while every is getting crushed... well, there's no helping you.

If people are telling you that the decision you are making is faulty... maybe it could just be that. You don't have to listen, but noone is forcing you to recognize your own mistakes... it's only up to you.

Is it not selfish of them to impose what they think should be upon others who feel their version of happiness is short sighted and slanted to their favor, quineg?

That depends on what is being asked. If you screwed up, admit wrong and move on. If you don't want to, we'll keep poking at it until something of consequence is done (although, there's a particular case that went too far, but I can't mention it for obvious reasons).

There are 2 sides to this. The Community has no part in any of this, only mercs who wish to impose their will upon the rights of others to play the game.

You're correct. There are two sides to this. The Community includes Mercs, no matter how you wish to recognize or ignore them. You have to treat people like people or you won't get said people to work with you. Right now, you don't want their involvement and obviously they don't feel the same. Just based on the tone that you have against Mercs... only fuels their reasoning to continue their assault on you.

As long as you don't treat people as people, don't be surprised the response you get isn't nice.

#79 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:31 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 January 2015 - 03:24 PM, said:

Sure, so, why don't you take advantage of that?

Now that it is official, open, long term war that will occur naturally.

Edited by Kain Thul, 26 January 2015 - 03:32 PM.

#80 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 January 2015 - 03:31 PM, said:

Now that it is official, open, long term war that will occur naturally.

Just for the sake of interest... will this war continue if Clan Wolf only has its capital planet intact?

I'm not saying that it should happen or that it will, but getting to tied up in wishful narratives tends to not sync with the reality that these things are based in.

There's this old saying that goes like this: "History is written by the Victor."

While this "war" seems like a bad idea... you are doing a grave disservice by insulting people that could just as well help you out of your mire just as well as put you in there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users