A Very Odd Hbk Build

8 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:38 AM

The new player forums had a post about a mech load out, and this build came close.. I have played it a bunch of times now, and wow, talk about fun! (though i wish i could stick a faster engine or more armor, but still..)

Anyone wanna give it a try and give some other feed back on it?

I loaded up my 4G with this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...08195083d5c6007

seismic, radar deprivation, MPL range/cooldown, Machine gun range for modules

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

Meh, machine guns are pretty lackluster, and 3mpl doesn't really bring the pain. I just can't justify NOT taking the crazy quirked AC20.

#3 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

You know what you might like JC?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...091a8921cb86165

#4 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

I have had great fun in matched where I stuffed MG's into my HBK-GI. Pretty sure I kept the SRM6 and head Small laser for the up close and personal work and probably stuck a PPC or large laser on the left arm for some range.

Any HBK is a blast when it's tramping along at 98 kph

#5 Thumper3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 281 posts
  • LocationTemplar Headquarters

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Meh, machine guns are pretty lackluster, and 3mpl doesn't really bring the pain. I just can't justify NOT taking the crazy quirked AC20.

Agreed. You pretty much have to just hide until several engagements into the battle when some mechs are beat up with exposed areas to exploit. Even the Arrow I have found to be extremely un-impressive and it packs 6 of them. The ember with 4MG and lasers packs more punch than the Arrow LOL

And nothing beats that sweet, sweet AC20 sound......

#6 luigi256

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

I have something similar to that but I have two Large pulse lasers instead. I don't remember the exact build but I think it used a 260 engine. It was fun for a while.

#7 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

DPS isn't bad and the speed is favourable. Might have a niche roll in a quick response brawler but thats about it.

#8 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

It will die and not do a lot of damage in the process. Skip MG, go heavy AC. That is the way of the Hunchback.

#9 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 January 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Yea.. i hear ya, but it was something i figured i would try, and found it pretty fun.. A few matches i've had around 200-250, but a few have also been in the 700-800 range, with 3-4 kills, it kinda averaged out to around 400ish or so.. It really plays different than the normal load out, But it can bring some havok. Just wanted to toss it out there for those that like to think outside the box..

BTW, my typical build is the AC-20, 3SML's, and a pair of Machine gun with 1/2 ton. It changed from the normal 3ML's, which i find just lack luster over all. To me Lasers run better in pairs, aka 2 for lights, and 4+ on anything bigger. Switching to the shorter range, but faster refire is close to doubling your up-close DPS, and turns into a crit monster.

:tigerlily::

Maybe i will have to give that a shot, I have been trying to decide which 45 ton mech i am going to go with, The arrow is the one that keeps trying to sway me :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users