- - - - -

Download Speed Issue ?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Falshire

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Decided to give this game a try,but download speed for the game is actually very slow.

I have a 40/mbs download speed ,so can achieve 4mb per sec very easily on my Steam and Arc/Pw game accounts while downloading data.

The game ETA for MWO is 5hrs ?

Is this typical of the game download speed.
Thanks for any help in advance.

#2 Fester Blatz1980

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:35 AM

Same here. Funny thing though, once I activate a VPN my dl speed is going through the roof.

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

it usualy takes me about 1-2 hours to download and install MWO on a 30Megabit connection, a reinstall said it would take 5 hours after I had a problem applying the latest patch, probably because of excessive traffic (half of the playerbase patching) at the time, it was completed in about 2 hours.

usualy the connection for patching and downloads is pretty fast but occaisionaly it does slow down likely due to high number of people downloading the game or patches

#4 Fester Blatz1980

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 03:04 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 23 January 2015 - 01:22 AM, said:

usualy the connection for patching and downloads is pretty fast but occaisionaly it does slow down likely due to high number of people downloading the game or patches

Unlikely, because, like I said, even on patch tuesdays when my dl speed comes to a crawl I can Switch to a VPN and have full dl speed.

#5 Golrar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 359 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:09 AM

I can DL the entire game in about 20 minutes or less, so it must be your route to the server. I am just on Comcast in the midwest. Or it could be your packets are not optimized.

http://www.speedguid...t/downloads.php

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:47 AM

I have it fresh installed as i switched to the Win10 preview and i had an ETA of 6+ hours - in the end it was 4 to 5 hours for the download.

#7 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:17 AM

Yeah, several hours for many of us in the euro crowd. Even with swedish, ie epic, netspeed it can take hours.

While we might not have game servers in EU time zones some space with a DL service should be easy for PGI to sort.

#8 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

Comcast, midwest US, takes about 30min to dl and install.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users