388 replies to this topic

#381 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

View PostAx2Grind, on 20 February 2015 - 01:21 PM, said:

^^ The Beta tag is nothing but a marketing tool for PGI, as stated by PGI. It has as much meaning as when the PUB game was "launched". If you were here that day you will recall PGI forgetting to take the beta tag off that morning...and there being no changes to the game even once they yanked it.

That's true. The only change mentioned by Russ that *might* make any difference in attracting and retaining soloists and small casual groups was 4 vs 4 matches. If it doesn't, that's fine. Russ already said they have enough CW players and I'll just stick to the public solo-only queue until PvE comes out.

#382 Ax2Grind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 816 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

I'm all about getting the game changed for the better, and I think smaller 4v4 and hopefully 8v8 additions would be stellar, but to me those additions have nothing to do with the way the word "beta" is being used by PGI. Many are misled and think that the Beta label means a serious upgrade is going to come before that label gets lifted. We will have to hope for more improvements despite whatever marketing tag is being employed.

#383 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 05:16 AM

View PostDaFrog, on 19 February 2015 - 09:58 PM, said:

Never is a big word. He might have to answer to the share holders if the revenu stop coming in because of that decision.

They should never have been in there in the first place.

Community warfare in a team game: Why does that spell "solo" for people?

#384 DaFrog

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • 421 posts
  • Locationmontreal

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 20 February 2015 - 06:41 AM, said:

You do not have the right mindset to play PvP games if you think they are hacking.

Really? How about some people reporting on this forum, that they got their legs blown off being shot through a rock. Or that he/she was found, powered down, by a mech who just happend to walk right bythe hiding place ? This is like my statement on NEVER: it's not impossible. The reality of it is that I can not scientifically prove it. But I am not the only player experiencing issues to that effect.
I get streaked by a stormcrow, full face. And damage show up on my back armor......................... !

#385 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostDaFrog, on 18 February 2015 - 08:47 PM, said:

Well, here is the worst CW experience ever. Wipe out 48 to 5 by a clan.
Got zerged 4 times by clans, longest game 7.45 minutes.
And then got destroyed by JFP and their hacks on 3 occasions.

CW beta is sooooooooo wonderful, let me get my credit card and order the get me the f out of here package.

When You Say "Hacker"
Everyone Know You Are Scrub
A Shameful Display

#386 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

View PostDaFrog, on 25 February 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

Really? How about some people reporting on this forum, that they got their legs blown off being shot through a rock. Or that he/she was found, powered down, by a mech who just happend to walk right bythe hiding place ? This is like my statement on NEVER: it's not impossible. The reality of it is that I can not scientifically prove it. But I am not the only player experiencing issues to that effect.
I get streaked by a stormcrow, full face. And damage show up on my back armor......................... !

High Ping, Client Side
Netcode Will Make Anything
Everything Happen

Edited by Richter B., 25 February 2015 - 10:17 PM.

#387 Stoned Prophet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostPappySmurf, on 18 February 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

Ueber{I'm not sure I understand what you are getting at here... I've played both (actually I played MW2 back in the 90's as well) and MWO is clearly superior in almost every way to MW4 with the exception of content. (Destructible buildings, collisions and vehicles) Mechanics and netcode-wise I have no idea how you can put MW4 above that of MWO. It just doesn't make sense. MWO is very solid and you feel each stomp and each weapon fire/hit. }

And you are right to some degree Ueber but there was a lot more to MechWarrior games than just the mechs graphics animations etc.

When I booted up my PC MechWarrior games I could find varied game modes and leagues to play for fun or competitively 1v1-12v12 matches. I could set and chat with wonderful players from all over the world in unique conversations about MechWarrior or anything. Competition was excellent in 1v1-12v12 Solaris league matches or huge planetary leagues like BTU-MWL-NBT.

There was just so much more to MechWarrior than grinding for a mech modules and what else? more of the same.Many tried to help PGI do a 360 and make MW:0 into a true MechWarrior game but it did not happen and became a shallow FPS in mech skins with very limited content and fun.

CW-faction warfare for MW:0 is a shallow attempt to regain a once vibrant creative community that the MechWarrior IP had and the devs are still not listening.

Posted Image

P.S plus the overall fun experience playing with family and friends playing MechWarrior4 far outshines all the MW:0 bling.
The Msn Gamming Zone was the best MechWarrior Experience there ever was.

You clearly have a chip on your shulder over mw4 dude. do you not remember jump sniping? and kept to Canon? dont make me laugh! You got your head on bact=kwards and your nostalgia is blinding you. you can say you LIKED MW4 better, but that doesnt mean it WAS better

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users