8 replies to this topic

#1 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

In Robocraft premium time give players +100% currency and +100% experience.
The best part is that for each player with active premium time, each other player gets +5% currency and experience up top a maximum of around an extra 100%.

This creates a nice relationship between paying and free players, where free players can appreciate paying players instead of just spite them for being "pay 2 win" or for "supporting a terrible game"

In MWO premium time offers a measly 50% bonus. Even with it grinding away to earn extra mechs is still just as slow.

I propose MWO takes up a similar scheme, boosting premium time to more than 50% and giving a stacking bonus of +2-5% to each other player. With a 2% bonus the max a free player can earn is +46% if every other player in the game is running premium. This would greatly help new players, as a dedicated Unit running premium could take them in and teach them to play while they get an increased income. With this premium time would become very valuable, making it useful for all players, even those who already have boatloads of CBILLs.

Thoughts?

(Edit, 30-50%)

Edited by Troutmonkey, 26 January 2015 - 06:18 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

MWO premium time already offers 50% BTW. Hero mechs offer 30%.

Still, it is far less than most other FTP games, since their boosts usually offer 100% more earnings, doubling the currency and XP per match.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 January 2015 - 06:11 PM.

#3 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 26 January 2015 - 06:05 PM, said:

In MWO premium time offers a measly 30% bonus.

Premium time is 50% cbill bonus iirc. Heros are 30% though.

#4 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostGhogiel, on 26 January 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

Premium time is 50% cbill bonus iirc. Heros are 30% though.

So it does... It really doesn't feel like it. Needs to be more

#5 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:35 PM

From what I understand, if you feel like you arent making enough space bucks in MWO ... you havent supported the game enough.

#6 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

Premium time needs to pay more to be worth it to me. 50% of a mooted less is still less. Both nerfs should have seen an increase in premium time percentage to make up for it. So yeah, if you spend money on time played they shouldn't try and hit you for more too.

#7 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:38 PM

View PostZolaz, on 26 January 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

From what I understand, if you feel like you arent making enough space bucks in MWO ... you havent supported the game enough.

I think that's the problem. The grind isn't TOO terrible if you've bought premium time, but otherwise it's atrocius. The addition of rewards doesn't make up for the last CB earning nerf.

#8 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

the 5% bonus for every other player is interesting but I don't think we should buff the rewards to 100% bonuses because then it becomes almost impossible to do anything without premium time, making it much more P2Wish.

Though assuming every player has premium, that means you could get 170% rewards.

#9 Deathpactt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:36 AM

I am a premium player and I support every move that can enhance f2p and/or new players experiance.I do not like the idea of %100 c-bill bonus but I like the %2-5 bonus from premium players to f2p players idea very much. Maybe also increasing the mechbay limit to 10 for f2p players? three mechbays is kinda mean go buy some mechbays right away without even give a shot to mwo.

I hope oneday pgi will understand that they need f2p players as much as premium players.

Edited by Deathpactt, 27 January 2015 - 02:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users