Boosting Clan Under-Preformers, Superchargers!

40 replies to this topic

#41 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 29 January 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

no i was remarking on "the 9S is one mech, not the entire IS line up" in relation to my Topic,
because adding Superchargers could be considered a Blanket Buff to STD Structure Clans,
it would mostly benefit Clan Under Performers, or those mechs that could use abit more speed,
where as a blanket 20% buff would also effect mechs such as TBR and SCR, more than others,

sorry for the misunderstanding,
Edit- Spelling

But Clans dont need more speed. They all move pretty dang fast and move really well for their weight class. warhawk moves 64 and 71, all the heavies basically move the same 81-89.... Only their lights could use a speed boost, but having to take a supercharger, which is likely very heavy, and would take up space taking away from guns, would not be a buff......

The issue with some clan mechs is their pod space tonnage...Summoner, since it has several tons locked into JJ, but no worthwhile JJ quirks and JJ suck, its got ALOT of wasted space that could have been better used to pack in better and bigger guns.

Warhawk, basically the same thing. Its got ALOT of space locked to 20 some DHS and not that many Hardpoints to equip guns. Even if you go with the smallest guns you can, you will either be under tonned by about 5t or you will have like 4 guns, 5 if you play your cards right, maybe you can fit in 6-7 guns on the 3E arm. If it got a Super charger, you would simply be wasting space/tonnage to go a little bit faster...Warhawk and other clan mechs dont need more speed.

even their mediums move pretty well. Nova could use mobility and JJ quirks, SMN could use JJ/Mobility quirks, the lights could use some slight speed quirks, maybe 15-20% higher top speed or something. BUt a supercharger item? If this game hadnt gone the way of magical Everquest style buffs(Quirks), maybe I could get behind a supercharger to a better degree, but as is, supercharger would never be used in a Clan mech...

only mech would use a Supercharger to any effect would be the DWF, its got ALOT of pod space and tons.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users