Dear Pgi. May We Stay Up Late?

57 replies to this topic

Poll: Gaming Habits (131 member(s) have cast votes)

EU ceasefire should kick in...

1. 1 hour sooner (13 votes [9.92%])

Percentage of vote: 9.92%

2. exactly as it is. (26 votes [19.85%])

Percentage of vote: 19.85%

3. 30 minutes later (4 votes [3.05%])

Percentage of vote: 3.05%

4. 1 hour later (50 votes [38.17%])

Percentage of vote: 38.17%

5. 2 hours later (38 votes [29.01%])

Percentage of vote: 29.01%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

View PostSplitpin, on 27 January 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

NA is the majority of the player base. There was already a 1 hr compromise working against NA East Coasters to better accommodate EU players, the problem being there isn't a 8hr time difference between NA and EU. And I say this as an Oceanic (NZ) player where CeaseFire for me is 3am, yet I'm not complaining, seems to me it's the best it can be with 3 even 8 hr windows.

Not that it really matters but you are wrong. Russ stated numerous times that the larger portion of the playerbase is european.

#22 cyberstrabadi

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 27 January 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

I mean seriously, Australia is twice the size of half the world.. ..we should have two ceasesfires

Greetings from earth planet Australia!! :P

Anyway personally i like the 2 hours behind , but still the system is a f***K up.I think the best we can do here is agree that we disagree until PGI starts thinking about changing this freakin system.

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 27 January 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Look while everyone argues about NA and EU, im just going to chime in here and say, what about us Australian players?

Imagine how our Westies feel being behind the East coast & then of course there is the unofficial island of Australia to the east, New Zealand ( :P) that just does its own thing several hours ahead of us...

And what of the all the King Crabs residing in Christmas Island? They have their own time zone (CXT) a good 4 hours behind the rest of the world.. ..ignoring the fact that this is a completely incorrect statement... ...it is in fact a bit behind Signapore, but thats another story..

Posted Image

I mean seriously, Australia is twice the size of half the world.. ..we should have two ceasesfires. But then all the Koalas pugging it up on Uluru would probably always have something to say about that... ...and Christmas Island, jeez they would kick up a stink..

And what is with the forum not recognising Uluru as an actual word? It's one of the most famous rocks in the world.. ..goddam Microsoft.

#weallhaveproblems

:ph34r: :P ;) :D

twice the size, does not equal twice the population :P

and now to some more scientific stuff:

go to steam

http://steamcharts.com/app/440#48h

or the general steam user stats:

http://store.steampo...stats/?l=german

and sinc we DO know the last 2 hours have the biggets impact, putting it 1 or 2 hours later will make the majority of the work of the higher gamers population peak at around 8 and 9 am less important.

and thats why where it is is already a fair area

look at the player statistics, nearly any game has its peak at around 22:00 after this playercount is declining, this is because the majority of EU players stops playing there. While in the US this is going to be 14/15:00 and poeple there start playing. and so purely on statistics 22:00 or shortly after like 22:15 is very much the best EU time for a ceasfire.

Edited by Lily from animove, 28 January 2015 - 03:53 AM.

#24 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:44 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 28 January 2015 - 03:42 AM, said:

twice the size, does not equal twice the population :P

Quality not quantity right? hehe :P

Posted Image

Edited by White Bear 84, 28 January 2015 - 04:39 AM.

#25 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

ah and just to undertsand the chart at steam

Posted Image

this screen was taken 12:54 at gmt +1 and is delayed statistics from around 10 minutes. and the screen dates the time 03:38 this means, the timezone corrected would mena all the time in those statistics have to be + 9 hours to translate into gmt +1

so the big belly top is at around 21/22:00 gmt +1

and so, NO its not the ceasfire that makes the player population in CW drop its the regular central european gamers gaming rythm that makes them go offline at exactly around this time.

pushin the time one hour further just makes the top belly gamers peaks effort worth a lot less within the ceasfire, and this would not be fair.

View PostWhite Bear 84, on 28 January 2015 - 03:44 AM, said:

Quality not quantity? hehe :P

Posted Image

quality? quality and internet are not even allowed to be used in the same sentence for Australians. :P

twice the latency is not counting.

Edited by Lily from animove, 28 January 2015 - 04:02 AM.

#26 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 28 January 2015 - 03:59 AM, said:

quality? quality and internet are not even allowed to be used in the same sentence for Australians. :P

twice the latency is not counting.

I don't know what you mean...

Posted Image

#27 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:42 AM

Look, lily,

Steam is steam. It groups Shovel Knight players, Crysis players, EUIV players and all other kinds of players together.

MWO is not on steam. I think we can all agree that MWO has an above average player age. So your pretty chart doesn´t reflect the MWO player behaviour. MWO reflects MWO player behaviour.

Check CW on 23.00 o´clock GMT+1. Check it on 00.00 o´clock.

And make sure to take note of guys you saw playing CW before the ceasefire which you meet in the public/PUG queue after the ceasefire.

And, as I already said, it is not like you loose alot if you have to go to bed 30 minutes before the ceasefire. People who can start playing late on the other hand loose CW in total, since you hardly find games after the ceasefire.

You were the one going on about fairness, right?

Edited by Molossian Dog, 28 January 2015 - 04:45 AM.

#28 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 28 January 2015 - 04:42 AM, said:

Look, lily,

Steam is steam. It groups Shovel Knight players, Crysis players, EUIV players and all other kinds of players together.

MWO is not on steam. I think we can all agree that MWO has an above average player age. So your pretty chart doesn´t reflect the MWO player behaviour. MWO reflects MWO player behaviour.

Check CW on 23.00 o´clock GMT+1. Check it on 00.00 o´clock.

And make sure to take note of guys you saw playing CW before the ceasefire which you meet in the public/PUG queue after the ceasefire.

And, as I already said, it is not like you loose alot if you have to go to bed 30 minutes before the ceasefire.

And you think our playerbase is so much different of a special kind of playerbase? And the times in crisys and shovel knight don't even differ significantly (but they are anyways an inaccurate sample by being only below 100 players averagely).
Stop trying to twist some facts and make it fit your opinion, you are losing objectivity here. yes 30minuts may not make much for the one palying until ceasfire but those 30 minutes make a lot for peole who stop palying now already 30 minutes before ceasefire or even 1 hour before ceasfire, because that timeframe is now stretched to a significant degree, and still affects more palyers than those who gain.

and yet you have not even any statistical data you base your words on pure assumptions of what you think the MWO plyerbase looks like, which is just painted a bit by the glasses of your favor.

and with your suggestion people do not go to bed 30 minutes before ceasifre, they go way earlier, it counts onyl for those who go to bed right with ceasefire.
Maybe you even harm CW with that, because now someon who usually says: ok i go to bed at 21:30 normally, but for the ceasfire I can stay another 30 minutes until 22:00. if you now extend this period, he may already go at 21:30 again, becuse the new timeframe left is too long to say: "just a bit longer".

#29 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:23 AM

keep in mind, your night is someone else morning, dawn, noon, afternoon, evening, dusk, and night.

I think instead of changing times and adding more cease fires. I SAY instead you increase the rewards from playing it right after the cease fire and these bonus rewards go lower as time gets closer to the next... making people play earlier.

#30 UnHolyLegion

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

That TZ map gives me a headache lol..... especially in eastern Asia :wacko:

#31 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:59 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 28 January 2015 - 05:23 AM, said:

keep in mind, your night is someone else morning, dawn, noon, afternoon, evening, dusk, and night.

I think instead of changing times and adding more cease fires. I SAY instead you increase the rewards from playing it right after the cease fire and these bonus rewards go lower as time gets closer to the next... making people play earlier.

Completely agreed.

View PostLily from animove, on 28 January 2015 - 04:54 AM, said:

stuff

You take graphs of something else and try to proof things for MWO. Doesn´t work that way, buddy.

So much for objectivity.

This is not the first circular argument I have had with you. If you want to believe into your unrelated graphs, do so. You are also free to post as many of them as you like. I´m not going to continue fruitless discussions with you.

For my part I will wait and see what the poll results are and what the majority of MWO players wants. Then we can start the "fairness" discussion.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 28 January 2015 - 06:28 AM.

#32 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 28 January 2015 - 05:59 AM, said:

ou take graphs of something else and try to proof things for MWO. Doesn´t work that way, buddy.

So much for objectivity.
Still quite a bit more effective than blind assumption.

For my part I will wait and see what the poll results are and what the majority of MWO players wants. Then we can start the "fairness" discussion.
Be sure to post your poll in the German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Scandinavian, and Czech&Slovak forums as well, otherwise you're only getting the opinions of the English speaking part of the forums.

#33 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

What is even better than that is data.

A poll provides data.

View PostUite Dauphni, on 28 January 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

Be sure to post your poll in the German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Scandinavian, and Czech&Slovak forums as well, otherwise you're only getting the opinions of the English speaking part of the forums.

Actually a good idea. I´ll do that where I can and ask others to do the same.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 28 January 2015 - 06:51 AM.

#34 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

Completely agreed.

You take graphs of something else and try to proof things for MWO. Doesn´t work that way, buddy.

So much for objectivity.

This is not the first circular argument I have had with you. If you want to believe into your unrelated graphs, do so. You are also free to post as many of them as you like. I´m not going to continue fruitless discussions with you.

lets see what the population graph is going to tell us when MWO goes steam. ;P

funfact is, your forum poll isn't much mroe accurate either, because its only a part of MWO's palyerbase, and its mostly the more active palyerbase, menaing most of them spend an unusal much amount of time in MWO, meaning it may be biased towards people who stay up later tha ethe common gamers.

actually only PGI would be able to tell us the graphs.

Hey PGI, can we have the graph? PLS

Edited by Lily from animove, 28 January 2015 - 06:57 AM.

#35 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:12 AM

I dont know why you old lonely farts care so much about this....everything 100% this game is a typical skirmish capture or no capture you get no real worth while rewards for winning besides cbills...do you people have so little else to do after work but play this game to have some argument online?

#36 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

To be fair, i thought it is too early too. However, i am one of those few who are still at school (not for much longer though!) so the current ceasefire time works well enough for me: i can do some EU drops and then one or two quick drops in the NA cycle.. However, that means not getting much sleep :P

Of course, i understand that most of the EU people can stay up longer and get back later to work. However, i think that being able to play a few matches in the NA timezone is not that bad for EU players.

Besides, moving the EU ceasefire means that all the others have to be moved as well, i do not know if that could work, unless they modify the lenght of some cycles..

I am torn. It is nice to start doing some drops on another planet after we take one in the EU cycle; after all, most of the drops usually happen in the last two hours or so, thus being able to play longer in the EU cycle might not be that useful.

I think my vote is "leave it as it is".

#37 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

If you move the CF back 1 hour for you it also moves it one hour back for everyone....

So no...leave it as it is. I have to stay up till 1230am or 1am every night I want to play and 2am would just force me to not be able to participate. So i see this as hurting (from PGI's view point) more then it would benefit.

#38 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 28 January 2015 - 08:03 AM, said:

...Besides, moving the EU ceasefire means that all the others have to be moved as well...

View PostDarthRevis, on 28 January 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

If you move the CF back 1 hour for you it also moves it one hour back for everyone....

No and no. Nobody is suggesting that. I said several times in this thread, we are talking about the EU ceasefire only.

If you guys in other timezones want your ceasefire moved or not is a separate question. One which you got to answer yourselves.

You know your gaming habits better than we do.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 28 January 2015 - 09:45 AM.

#39 SuperPignouf

• PipPipPip
  • Fanjunkare
  • Fanjunkare
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:01 PM

In fact, having a gamemode which simply can't be played during some periods is plain stupid... Everyone plays when (s)he cans, and everyone should be able to play CW whenever.

#40 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:20 AM

View PostSuperPignouf, on 28 January 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

In fact, having a gamemode which simply can't be played during some periods is plain stupid... Everyone plays when (s)he cans, and everyone should be able to play CW whenever.

It is not uncommon that many games have modes and events that are only at specific times.

PGI could implement borderrelated ceasfires, where some are made 22:15 and some border 22:45.

that way ther eis no break for all, just a break for a part of the fronts.

Edited by Lily from animove, 29 January 2015 - 03:09 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users