Mwo Cure

2 replies to this topic

#1 Vysir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Back during the survival event which took me 111 tries to win that Victor I realized I was playing a lot.... maybe even what some would consider excessively. I had thought about cutting back but chose not to. Then I discovered a cure for my MWO playing literately quite by accident.

On December 12th I was on my way home in a small engine light mech... err car. A predatory assault SUV saw me and decided I would make a delicious snack. After waking up to paramedics cutting me from my car and an expensive helicopter ride to the states trauma center with extensive injuries a cure had been found for my MWO addiction. I had a fractured right wrist. (won't go into the sordid details on my other injuries.)

A month and a half later I am still at Harborview, 3 months away from walking again and 6 weeks before I get use of my right hand. I have found that this was an addiction that I did not want cured. Despite all the problems the game has, I miss playing this game. I miss going out in my Quickdraw and sometimes winning. Or going out in my spider to be a pest and get one shotted by a Direwolf.

Once I am healed up I am looking forward to getting back into the game. Looking to get back into the events I have been missing out on. I never realized how much I miss this game until I am unable to play it.

#2 Smokeyjedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostRapidRewind, on 27 January 2015 - 05:30 PM, said:

Back during the survival event which took me 111 tries to win that Victor I realized I was playing a lot.... maybe even what some would consider excessively. I had thought about cutting back but chose not to. Then I discovered a cure for my MWO playing literately quite by accident.

On December 12th I was on my way home in a small engine light mech... err car. A predatory assault SUV saw me and decided I would make a delicious snack. After waking up to paramedics cutting me from my car and an expensive helicopter ride to the states trauma center with extensive injuries a cure had been found for my MWO addiction. I had a fractured right wrist. (won't go into the sordid details on my other injuries.)

A month and a half later I am still at Harborview, 3 months away from walking again and 6 weeks before I get use of my right hand. I have found that this was an addiction that I did not want cured. Despite all the problems the game has, I miss playing this game. I miss going out in my Quickdraw and sometimes winning. Or going out in my spider to be a pest and get one shotted by a Direwolf.

Once I am healed up I am looking forward to getting back into the game. Looking to get back into the events I have been missing out on. I never realized how much I miss this game until I am unable to play it.

Well, this is not something I like to hear of, I sure hope all goes well for you and you can get back to death-gripping that mouse of yours.........Best wishes, SmokeyJedi.

#3 Schlimmperator

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 48 posts
  • LocationGermany, Nds

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

Hope you get back on your feet, and in your cockpit, soon. An addiction like ours has to be groomed, not cured. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users