23 replies to this topic

#21 Bobzilla

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

Gauss has a charge up, gotta hold for a bit then let it go to fire, that's why your dmg is low.

#22 norus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 222 posts
  • LocationN.A.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostKasseopea, on 28 January 2015 - 07:37 AM, said:

You mean that Tier 1 Misery Stalker with 2 PPCs and a AC20 in the list you just posted....? -.-

Read about ghost heat. Sounds kind of bullshit to me. Loved to run a Supernova or a Daishi with full-large-laser. So its k to fire 100 missiles at once or all your ballistic weapons, but lasers are a no-no now?.... Is there any viable way to run a full-laser rig? I hate to split my loud out into different weapon types - i want to drive a mech, not a x-mas tree.

Aside from that, whats about the Gauss? Is it as strong as it was before? Is there a mech that can mount 3-4 of them by now? Im praying for Fafnir and Marauder, but i guess they are dead set on pushing underdogs into our face instead of the really strong mechs. Seriously, a team out of 3 Shadowcats, MadCat II, Archangel, Nightstar, Stone Rhino, Fafnir and a Thanatos and they will wipe everything and everyone without loosing a mech)

I did post a disclaimer that it isn't always perfect. For one that's a hero mech that costs 6k mc, for two i sure as hell wouldn't run that misery build. You'll get smashed at range by thunderbolts and smashed in close by lights when you have to rely on a single ac20 with current wonky hit detection.

#23 Kasseopea

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostRed1769, on 28 January 2015 - 09:56 AM, said:

You'll find light mechs to be the bane of your existance in a Dire Whale. And a tendency to be target numero uno when facing any amount of enemies no matter who is with you. With good reason, true enough. It's slow as hell in all aspects too, so be aware of that. You're very reliant on your team to support you...a feast or famine assault mech.

The Nightstar isn't reintroduced until later, production stopped during the First Succession War, hence one of the reasons we don't have it. The other reason is because the third varient uses weapons the IS don't have yet. Say what you will about PGI, they keep close with the timeline pretty well when it comes to mechs and mech varients. Only the S varients have been the deviants, but not by much. Archangel is too far ahead in the time line and again, weapons. Plus it needs melee. Agreed it's a badass looking mech.

True enough, lets hope we will see them one day^^

View PostBobzilla, on 28 January 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

Gauss has a charge up, gotta hold for a bit then let it go to fire, that's why your dmg is low.

Uhm...Yeah, when its green, otherwise it doesnt fire at all, right...? It charges, then you can release the button for about second to fire and if you dont it uncharges again without firing.

#24 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Well welcome back to the never ending work in progress.
Until That Day!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users