Whats The Point Of The Frr?

70 replies to this topic

#41 DragonLord0105

Rookie

• Generalmajor
  • Generalmajor
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:57 AM

I don't know what all the whining is about. The FRR did fine when everyone decided to attack rather then defend planets. Its a number game, if you field more attackers then defenders (no matter how good they are) you'll eventually win. This will hold true if your a lonely PUG or a orginized Merc. unit. You want to take planets back you have to attack them. Another thing, keep attacking even if thier is no defenders. Sure you don't get all the points and cash but at least you get you LP's and something. You have to think of it in military terms "attack where you enemy least exspects it" and do it over and over. Start taking back planets and those so called traiterous Merc units will come back to the fold. Further the Clans won't have time to take planets they'll be to busy defending the ones they got.
Thats my take on it anyways. quit making up excuses and PLAY THE GAME!

#42 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:58 AM

Better question would be: what's the point of CW in general?

#43 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 31 January 2015 - 04:28 AM

Whoa!!!! FRR really fell apart the last few days, that was fast.

#44 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 31 January 2015 - 07:18 AM

Im staying FRR no matter what. Because it feels like the "home" faction for me. And you just dont abandon your home if it falls apart, you rebuild it :)

#45 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:00 AM

yeah ! took permament contract first day. TBH I havn't fought that much lately though, still havn't joineda unit and pug CW is..... frustrating.

#46 Ulfgar Snorrison

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 62 posts
  • LocationStanding stoically at the longship's prow.

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

"What is the point of the FRR?" Because we are the stuff of legends.We are why sagas are written. We are the ones who will face overwhelming odds and laugh at the fates. And should all our worlds be enslaved, well, it won't be the first time. So long as our bloodlines run, the tales the skalds will tell shall keep the dream of freedom alive in the hearts of our children and grandchildren. One day they too will rise up as their forebears did and win back that dream.. Remember always that the gods give no heed to those who fear defeat. All they want is to see a good fight and I, Ulfgar, son of Snorri, shall entertain them for as long as I am able!!!

#47 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 10:20 AM

Just come to the FRR TS3 Hub Revener, you dont have to join a Unit to drop in group CW matches.
We try to organize them as often as possible, and with as many people as possible.
Everybody is welcome, just remember to bring your TDR-9S if you have one =P.

#48 Theaus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, United States

Posted 31 January 2015 - 01:51 PM

You know there was a time, early in WWI when the doctrine was to walk across no mans land when attacking in a line abreast. Dropping alone in CW is like that, but with a team of blind, deaf, mutes. Let Teamspeak set you free (to kill)

#49 Smoofie

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

Even if we are being beaten we must never give up, because to give up is to admit defeat and we have yet to be beaten. I do not believe the FRR needs to have any point nor purpose because the only reason we are here is to persevere and stare into the eyes of our enemy and show that will never back down or surrender.

#50 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

View PostTheaus, on 29 January 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

Join the Sons of Odin on the FRR ts hub and you will find out why we still here at all. And why we aren't going anywhere soon

In any war, consolidate your forces, protect the core worlds holdings, and say a prayer. FRR will rise from the ashes!

Oh, and I've fought solid FRR units - they kicked our asses.

Edited by Relaed, 01 February 2015 - 07:41 PM.

#51 Noaceik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:41 PM

This may not mean a lot, but take heart, both Marik and Liao are progressing to your position and when we get there we will only be fighting the Ghost bears and the Smoke jaguars. Maybe by then Davion will have moved through Steiner space to hit jade falcan, considering wolf is land locked.

#52 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Maybe the FRR has few planets left, but we damn sure have the best fights in the Inner Sphere. And we have the most awesome community there is.

#53 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:58 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 29 January 2015 - 02:47 PM, said:

You don't have any Front worlds left, they were taken a while ago.

ALL you have are Back planets now. LOL

Seriously though, the FRR did get "F"d in the whole CW deal, but hey that's BattleTech right?
And we ALL know how PGI sticks to Battletech Canon right..??

Give us a 12 vs 10, like it is supposed to be due to the advantages of Clan Techs, and we will see.

Accept it. 12 vs 12 is an "I win" button for clanners. Not up to list all the advantages: XL engines needing 2 torsos down, less weight and slots and more range in equipt and weapons, quirks "a la carte" with omnipods, etc.... But im up to say u this: Gloating in an advantaged victory is for pathetic persons. IS vs Clan, as it is, was unfair since day 1, as the tests previously.

#54 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:55 AM

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 02 February 2015 - 05:58 AM, said:

Give us a 12 vs 10, like it is supposed to be due to the advantages of Clan Techs, and we will see.

Accept it. 12 vs 12 is an "I win" button for clanners. Not up to list all the advantages: XL engines needing 2 torsos down, less weight and slots and more range in equipt and weapons, quirks "a la carte" with omnipods, etc.... But im up to say u this: Gloating in an advantaged victory is for pathetic persons. IS vs Clan, as it is, was unfair since day 1, as the tests previously.

Bullshit, the balancing is okay. We at BV aren´t that competitive and we win almost all our CW matches.

#55 DelphiAuriga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 166 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, in the planet Skandia ;)

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostKlappspaten, on 02 February 2015 - 06:55 AM, said:

Bullshit, the balancing is okay. We at BV aren´t that competitive and we win almost all our CW matches.

Tell that to a PUG player, like me. My CW matches use to be: at least 1 in my team with champion mechs, at least 3 ECMs in the clanner team in each dropship, no less than 3 cERLLas Dires sniping at extreme range, and me sitting in the ashes, with lots of dmg, last one to run out of drops, and a defeat under my arm.

Stopped playing CW cause the amount of units now completely piss off a so casual player as me.

Still a FRR loyalist, and still in the line, but i lost hope. No matter how hard we try, we simply cant beat numbers AND equipt, well, then add to that organization and experience.

#56 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

give it a try!!
pgi did not design cw for your playstyle.
try it the way pgi meant it to be played.
join frr teamspeak, ask a group to take you with them , let them talk you through the dropdeck and than start to play it how it was designed to be played.
dont blame it on the technical differences between is and clan.
solo droping against is teams would get you obliterated as quik and mercyless as the clans do now.
dont judge the system bevore you played it properly for a coupple of days!!!!

#57 StalaggtIKE

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostDelphiAuriga, on 02 February 2015 - 07:10 AM, said:

Tell that to a PUG player, like me. My CW matches use to be: at least 1 in my team with champion mechs, at least 3 ECMs in the clanner team in each dropship, no less than 3 cERLLas Dires sniping at extreme range, and me sitting in the ashes, with lots of dmg, last one to run out of drops, and a defeat under my arm.

Stopped playing CW cause the amount of units now completely piss off a so casual player as me.

Still a FRR loyalist, and still in the line, but i lost hope. No matter how hard we try, we simply cant beat numbers AND equipt, well, then add to that organization and experience.

Get on the FRR hub --
Server address: frrhub.tk:9725
Password: Dragon

#58 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

Final hours are counting for my oath to Clan Wolf to be done. After that we will travel back to FRR, to fight for you people and your freedom!

C-bill rewards may be set to zero, but Liberty Guard will fight on! To Valhalla warriors of Odin!

#59 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

I'm going to second what Stalaggtike said. You know about the FRR Hub, so you have plenty of opportunities to be a member of an organised group. You know this well, you have fought with us. Don't expect pugging to be fun, pugs are fodder. You don't have to be the fodder. =]

#60 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:18 PM

I'm curious to see what will happen in the end, I guess that's why I'm still here. Sometimes you get lucky, I was in a pug vs unit match yesterday and while I did end up weaving through buildings with my locust doing hit and runs towards the end, we did win. We're losing badly, we're probably going to continue doing so, but I'll chase Daishi's with a limping locust at 40km/h if I have to. Not just out of spite, but because it's fun.

As far as CW itself goes, there are a lot of eyes on the dev team. I hope they'll deliver further improvements.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users