Merc Units

2 replies to this topic

#1 BuckarooSamurai

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:36 PM

Not sure if this belongs here but I had some thoughts on Merc Units moving around in CW. Allowing Merc Units to so easily move around faction to faction clan to clan kind of makes being Merc far to alluring. Not only in the future when get bonus C-bill payouts in the future for being commissioned but they can play all their mechs IS and Clan far more frequently. That and it just seems so odd that a Merc Unit can play for Steiner one week and then CJF the next, this just seems silly.

I was thinking about a cool down for leaving a faction as a Merc unit wherein you cannot join a faction that you were just attacking, or conversly you cannot attack a faction you were just apart of. Not permanently maybe just a one week cooldown. Just spitting out ideas here. Let me know what you think.

-BuckarooSamurai

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

so just like the wolf's dragoons where they wouldn't accept any contracts that was against their former employer until x-time?

#3 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

There is already fixed contract lengths and doing this will kill your loyalty points as you lose them by attacking a former employer. Overall if you want loyalty ranks which in the future will count for more this becomes less and less alluring

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users