Best Mechs Not From A Mech Franchise

3 replies to this topic

#1 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:01 PM

These are some of the best mechs i have seen, yet these are not dedicated mech franchises like Armored Core, Battletech, Front Mission or Heavy Gear.

Walkers from Red Faction Guerilla

Lost Planet has a variety of mech suits, called Vital Suits

Edited by Anjian, 03 February 2015 - 07:01 PM.

#2 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

Battlefield 2142 (I think this is one of the best mechs ever made in a video game. It feels really stompy and powerful.)

Edited by Anjian, 03 February 2015 - 07:07 PM.

#3 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

Metal Gear

Wolfenstein The New Order - The Herr Faust. Just get the feel of the sheer mayhem, not to mention the blood splattering.

EDF Earth Defense Force

Defeating this mech in Dark Sector, will let you use it. Got to say this is one of the coolest and most evil looking mechs I have seen in a video game or elsewhere.

This one is really amazing. The Spider Tank from Watchdogs

Edited by Anjian, 03 February 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#4 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 11:42 PM

SAMAS power armor from my favorite pen and paper RPG called Rifts. There are a lot of robot vehicles and power armor suits in the game, but it is not the main focus of the setting (which is post apocalypse, magic and technology). They're just one way to become powerful. Others are being a cyborg, being a super soldier, being a non human, a psychic, a magician, or even just being normal and doing your best to keep up or as a support character.

Everyone posted stuff from video games, but there are more sources for robot/mecha than that.

The SAMAS suits belong to the remnants of the US government, now called the Coalition States who are xenophobic, anti magic, anti alien, kill first on sight who live only in parts of eastern Canada and the US midwest. The rest of North America is all kinds of messed up, with dinosaurs in Florida, magical cities in Ohio, a secret robot army living under Washington DC run by a malfunctioning AI computer, man sized bug aliens bugs in Minnesota, and all of Mexico is run by vampires.

Posted Image

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 05 February 2015 - 11:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users