- - - - -

Can't Install The Game

12 replies to this topic

#1 EnderBeta

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:26 PM

I have tried installing this game twice. Both times I go through the download and it says that the download is corrupt and asks if I want to try again.

I have always loved Battletech games but I am feeling increasingly discouraged because this freaking game won't install.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:09 PM

Strange.

Try this:
Posted Image
Click the Gear as shown above and then choose "Start the MWO Repair Tool" and see if you have better results?

I recommend using a solid, corded connection. If you're using wireless, I recommend reducing the usage of microwaves and cell phones near it to prevent data corruption.

#3 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

The only thing I can think of is this something to do with Anti-Virus software or other security software? Otherwise, no idea.

#4 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostEnderBeta, on 04 February 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

I have tried installing this game twice. Both times I go through the download and it says that the download is corrupt and asks if I want to try again.

I have always loved Battletech games but I am feeling increasingly discouraged because this freaking game won't install.

Try deleting the download folder and re-downloading again. Don't download overtop the 1st copy. You might even try saving it to a different folder.

What type connection do you have?

#5 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:40 AM

Had this problems some times too.
Now i only use the patcher to start the repair tool.
It laods file after file and works, no problems with the x gb corrupted files anymore.

Edited by Galenit, 05 February 2015 - 05:41 AM.

#6 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:34 AM

Try installing in windows safe mode if none of the above helps.

#7 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostGalenit, on 05 February 2015 - 05:40 AM, said:

Had this problems some times too.
Now i only use the patcher to start the repair tool.
It laods file after file and works, no problems with the x gb corrupted files anymore.

I don't think this is an option for him. He has to get the game to install at least once to be able to launch the patcher.

#8 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostJody Von Jedi, on 05 February 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

I don't think this is an option for him. He has to get the game to install at least once to be able to launch the patcher.

No, without the patcher you cant get the corrupted file thats downloaded by the patcher.

Have done the installation a few days ago on this rig. (My is occupied by my girl playing dai.)
Download the patcher (http://mwomercs.com/game/download), install and start it, dont use the big button, instead open the cog, start repairtool, let it download the files.

Edited by Galenit, 05 February 2015 - 09:22 AM.

#9 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:02 AM

Alternative solution, if you have a friend with MWO installed: after downloading & running the base installer, cancel the big download process, and copy your friend's game directory via external HDD or flash drive. Total folder size when I did this a month ago was 6.6 GB. Boom - all updated and ready to go.

#10 EnderBeta

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

Thanks for the help everyone.This is a wireless connection but Steam doesn't have an issue with the connection. I have a wireless AC connection and average 150mbps.

I ended up uninstalling the game deleting everything the game installed and tried again. This time it worked and it installed.

However now after getting past the login window I have a window that goes above the screen. I can't move it to be in the screen or anything. I can't play the game like this.

#11 EnderBeta

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

Is there a keyboard shortcut or something that can get the game in full screen or to push the client window into the bounds of the screen?

#12 Galenit

• 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:27 AM

View PostEnderBeta, on 05 February 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

Is there a keyboard shortcut or something that can get the game in full screen or to push the client window into the bounds of the screen?

The options on the right down side, there you can go in full screen and change resolution.

If you can not reach the options, try to start a game (right upper) or mabye the traininggrounds (tab on the left side around middle). If you are in a game, use "esc" to open the options menu (in the middle then).

#13 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 05 February 2015 - 10:59 AM

If it's a Windows window you're trying to move, you can press Alt+space, M, then an arrow key; that will place the top center of the window under your cursor. Then click where you want the window and you should be set.

I haven't verified that this works with the game client since I'm at work right now, and launching the client via remote desktop is obscenely slow on this connection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users