Raptr Hacked Change Password(Plus My 2 Cents)

No replies to this topic

#1 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:28 AM

Anybody using Raptr/Gaming Evolved App;
Raptr security update: Please reset your password
Posted in Raptr and one other community
Maintaining the highest level of security around your Raptr account information is of the utmost importance to us, so we're very sorry to inform you that some Raptr user data may have been recently compromised in an attack similar to hacking activities that have targeted other high-profile sites and services such as Xbox Live and Sony's PlayStation Network.

User names, email addresses, password hashes, and some first and last names may have been accessed. This means that although the passwords are hashed, users with weak passwords are vulnerable to unauthorized access. It's important to note that our two-factor authentication system used for redeeming Raptr Reward Points ensures that even if your Raptr account was among those compromised, the points you've earned as a Raptr member are protected.
Although the potential risk to Raptr users is pretty minimal, we urge you to access any accounts on other sites and services in which you use the same login and password associated with your Raptr account and change the related password(s) immediately.
Reset your password at your earliest convenience in order to help safeguard your Raptr account. In doing so, we strongly advise you to use a password that is reasonably complex and not associated with another site/service account.
>>RESET YOUR PASSWORD HERE<<
We're extremely sorry about this situation and are committed to further improving account security going forward.
Sincerely,
Dennis Fong
Founder & CEO, Raptr
Jan 28 at 4:10pm by Raptr
And my Comment;
Why werent we all sent emails (since you have our emails on file when signing up) about this? I had to find out thru the AMD Forums which had a link to Guru3d that had pretty much the same message from the CEO. Since you were hacked and failed to email everyone but instead relied on the program/service that got hacked I think everyone who uses Raptr/Gaming Evolved app should be given enough Raptr points to get the 80000 RP video card. Im not mad you got hacked, thats not the issue. The issue is you failed to email everyone at the same time you posted the notice in-app. Yes this will be repeated on Facebook. Be prepared for some seriously irate people.

Edited by VoodooLou Kerensky, 06 February 2015 - 01:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users