Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:05 PM

lol this guy is so confused.

#42 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:46 PM

*facepalm*

see pplz dis is wat happens when your readin comprehension is lacking.. ya fail to understand simplest of tings..
LOL .. OP L2Take ur time when readin n payin for tings online... once you do.. ull find its only u that's scams yourself.. and not the ppl you'd rather blame for your own stupidity..

best wishes on ur journey threw life, ... just watch out for that.. doh! ... nvm... *shakeshead*

#43 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:07 AM

To be true, I really dislike this permanent camo thing.

Yes, I know how it works. Yes it is noted in the game.

But still... this camo thing is not new, many f2p games have those to earn some money. When I buy a one shot, I can paint one mech one time and it is gone.
If I buy it permanent, I can use it how often I want, on whatever mech I want.

And in MWO you only have it for one chassis, so 3 to 5 mechs. That is an arbitrary and counterintuitive restriction. And for what you get, it is way too overpriced.

#44 mike29tw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:21 AM

View Post627, on 03 February 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

But still... this camo thing is not new, many f2p games have those to earn some money. When I buy a one shot, I can paint one mech one time and it is gone.

And in MWO you only have it for one chassis, so 3 to 5 mechs. That is an arbitrary and counterintuitive restriction. And for what you get, it is way too overpriced.

Not to mention only one or two of those variants are worth using......

Yep. One shot camo is the way to go for me.

#45 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostZolaz, on 02 February 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

it is called the internet ... I suggest using google and words like "mwo" and "camo" maybe even "resistance" and "faq". However, it is probably easier to blame everyone else and complain about it. Guess that is why everyone doesnt seem to be very sympathetic.

You didn't answer the question: where exactly is the information on how the camo and colour unlocks work in-game? You're not seriously suggesting that it's OK that there's no clear information in-game on how these things work?

#46 Violent Nick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • 335 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:54 AM

I've given PGI hundreds of $ for this game.. I feel scammed too... Actually, maybe it's all working as intended and I'm just a fool..

After all, who expects decent hit reg and servers in 2015.

#47 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:51 AM

View Post627, on 03 February 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

As I said before(including in this thread), I understand it's pricey, but I also understand why it's done this way.

Each camo needs making individually for every mech.
This is the Bitmaps for 3 mechs (Catapult, Spider, Locust), just for Phranken:There's 49 sets of Phranken, that all had to be made specifically for each mech.

That's a lot of work that they need paying for, to make a profit, to keep the game going, or they won't bother.

So do what I do.
Buy one shots for most mechs.

Wait for Half Price Sales for mechs you really like, have 5+ of, or want multiple camos on a regular basis.

The only Camo Unlocks I have are the Package ones and Phranken + Hotrod for my Locusts (I have 7 and switch between both regularly, might even buy another unlock for them next spec sale).
Everything else is One Shots.

View Postmike29tw, on 03 February 2015 - 12:21 AM, said:

Not to mention only one or two of those variants are worth using......

Yep. One shot camo is the way to go for me.
Precisely.
Normally, One Shots are the way to go.
The price of one Unlock will cover 10 mechs in the equivalent One Shot.
Being you can change the Colours as often as you like, unless you're flipping the Camo regularly, it's generally the better option, and honestly, pretty reasonable.

#48 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

One problem is lingo in this game isn't the same as most. No fault to pgi or players.

Class, chassis, variant.

Those words could be interchangeable to newer players.

#49 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostZolaz, on 02 February 2015 - 07:21 PM, said:

it is called the internet ... I suggest using google and words like "mwo" and "camo" maybe even "resistance" and "faq". However, it is probably easier to blame everyone else and complain about it. Guess that is why everyone doesnt seem to be very sympathetic.

Imagine going into RL store, where there is no expiry dates on food products, cause you can google it.

Cmon, OP isnt the first to fall for the "unlockable camo", thinking its for all mechs. Clearly the in-game description should be simplier to understand for a new player. "Its been like that all the time since closed beta" is not an argument.

We might as well not visit a doctor, when we are ill, cause you know, we can google symptoms and how to cure them.

#50 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:47 AM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 02 February 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

*facepalm*

see pplz dis is wat happens when your readin comprehension is lacking.. ya fail to understand simplest of tings..
LOL .. OP L2Take ur time when readin n payin for tings online... once you do.. ull find its only u that's scams yourself.. and not the ppl you'd rather blame for your own stupidity..

best wishes on ur journey threw life, ... just watch out for that.. doh! ... nvm... *shakeshead*

the irony man serious your writening skills is worse then my reading comprehension.
dis?? you mean "this" i really hope, readin?? it's "reading" "tings"?

Edited by Abisha, 03 February 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#51 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:02 AM

View PostAbisha, on 03 February 2015 - 06:47 AM, said:

the irony man serious your writening skills is worse then my reading comprehension.
dis?? you mean "this" i really hope, readin?? it's "reading" "tings"?

I really don't think you're in any position to start criticizing other people's spelling and grammar, buddy...

#52 NephyrisX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:40 AM

So...what's with the terribad threads and their obnoxious and frankly poor-trolling OPs these days?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users