Store

3 replies to this topic

#1 Capnflintlock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:27 AM

Heroes are cool mechs. They fit into lore, and help tie the game together to a degree. Most people, however, only purchase them for the C-bill bonus if they like the mech the variant belongs to.

The C-bill bonus is a good concept, and I feel that its a great way for people to earn c-bills faster when they need to. People working 40 hours a week have significantly less time to play than someone that works 30, for example, so the C-bill bonus helps out a bit to level this off.

I was thinking, instead of just having the option to buy cold hard c-bills, why not additionally have the option to buy a special item that transforms any mech into a special new variant. Currently, we have heroes and champions, so why not name it a "gladiator" variant. Gladiators are essentially independent warriors that fight for glory and money. As a result, you could give mech variants that own them half of the champion mechs exp gain bonus, and half of the hero mech's c-bill earning rate.

For example
I have a Commando 2-b.
I purchase my new item named the, "The Gladiator"
I use the one time item, and transform my commando into the 2-b gladiator
My favorite variant now receives 15% increase exp, and 15% increased c-bills.

I feel this would help hero mechs feel more unique, as less people would be running them just for the c-bill bonus. Gladiators would still only receive half the amount of c-bill bonus that heroes do, but they would also get half of the champions exp bonus. This would help make champions and heroes still feel useful for farming in their own right, as they had higher values.

In short, I think that adding this new item would help heroes and champions feel more unique, as less people would use them only to farm, and would show those that are truly loyal to them(more so for heroes). It would also allow players to keep playing their favorite variant, and gain enhanced earnings, instead of being forced to play something they dislike just to grind.

Edited by Capnflintlock, 02 February 2015 - 07:35 AM.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

They don't want to do it, because it would "reduce hero mech sales."

Except that they could make it cost just as much as a hero mech, so they would break even instead of lose. Or, since many people don't like the hardpoints on most heroes, they might actually sell MORE this way.

But alas, we can't have nice things, because of reasons.

Edited by FupDup, 02 February 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

Stuff like this has been talked about before. I think it has some merit, but it does have some issues.

It takes a bit of value away from Hero Mechs and Mech Pack mechs that receive C-Bill bonuses. It also takes away some value from premium time. I say removes value because now you have a tool to assign C-Bill bonuses to which ever mech which takes away a bit of the need to buy a Hero mech.

If this is even considered...

Any item that boosts C-Bill production should be a one time item that once assigned to a mech, be permanently tied to that mech (unremovable).

It should only exist once per account and be permanent to a mech so that it can't be shuffled around like a module.

If it is to be considered, it has to be so limiting that it can't compete with other C-Bill boost methods. Even at 15%, it can sway people away from buying a Hero mech. I'm sure the Gladiator item will cost less than a Hero Mech, so it is too competitive to Hero mechs.

I just don't see this working out. I like the idea a bit, but like stated above, I don't like the idea at the same time. Its a slippery slope IMO.

#4 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

This idea has been brought up several times.

Both the concept of a 'module' or 'cockpit item' to provide a C-Bill boost (anything from 5% to the full 30% has been suggested) and the option to upgrade any mech to a 'mini-hero' status, for a flat MC rate that again, would give anything from 5% to 30% bonuses.

(Personally, I favour the 10% C-Bills, 10% XP bonus option if it were a thing, to keep Heroes and champs special)

But we've had the response from Russ and it's always been a flat no.

Personally, I think as a GXP option we can unlock the option for a 'favoured mech', which would be a Unique Module only placable in the Master slot (only ever 1), that provides the 10% boost to XP and C-Bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users