I'm So Poor Because Of The Mech Sales...

13 replies to this topic

#1 LORD TSARKON

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 776 posts
  • LocationButtmunch City

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

... that I ran a Stalker 4N with a XL Engine and no Double heat sinks.....

I bought a Cicada 3M,a Commando 3A and 2D, a Stalker 4N, a Cataphract 1X, a ShadowHawk 2K,and a Timberwolf (all with C Bills) last 2 weeks and I have no money to upgrade them to Double Heat Sinks or even properly config them....

...so if you see me online please do not judge a poor Mechwarrior who is only trying to level up these Mechs because Paulconomy made me do it..

#2 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

I wish I hadn't missed the 1 sale where Vindicators were discounted because I've been wanting to try the VND-1AA.

#3 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:56 PM

View PostPjwned, on 02 February 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

I wish I hadn't missed the 1 sale where Vindicators were discounted because I've been wanting to try the VND-1AA.

Very similar quirk-wise to the R. So I slapped some ER's and a bigger engine on'er and have gotten decent results:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d12274e32b9707e

#4 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

I feel your pain, I am down to 112 million c-bills right now. 1.5 k MC that I got from the last event. 6 open mech bays. Over 5 months of Premium Time sitting to be used. 8 to 10 complete sets of modules of mechs. The Pauleconomy has been so mean to the playerbase.

:rolleyes:

If you want c-bills and stuff I suggest playing the game and grinding it out. When you have made over 1.2 billion c-bills you will have a lot of junk to.

#5 Alex Morgaine

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

Heh I bet that stalker still gets the job done

#6 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostZolaz, on 02 February 2015 - 07:36 PM, said:

If you want c-bills and stuff I suggest playing the game and grinding it out. When you have made over 1.2 billion c-bills you will have a lot of junk to.

Posted Image

PGI will need to reevaluate the whole economy model if they are trying to retain casuals. After all, there are tons of other F2P games that are out there, and for those do not care about BT lore, MWO is just a grindy slow paced arena based mech shooter game.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 February 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#7 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

I spent 69 million c-bills between a couple Battlemasters, 4 Cicadas, a CN9-D, and all three Dire Wolves. :blink:

#8 Flaming oblivion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:20 PM

Iahvent bothered with a single sale...........

Nothing that's really appealed to me .

Probably wont even get 6th mech till the hell bringer goes c-bill

Got my orion timber wolf mad dog and doomcrow all mastered- All I really need or want for now.

Have the centurion champion stripped in a mech bay not even basiced wish I could sell it not my type of mech never liked it meh.

#9 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

I feel your pain, I am down to 112 million c-bills right now. 1.5 k MC that I got from the last event. 6 open mech bays. Over 5 months of Premium Time sitting to be used. 8 to 10 complete sets of modules of mechs. The Pauleconomy has been so mean to the playerbase.

View PostGreenjulius, on 02 February 2015 - 09:07 PM, said:

I spent 69 million c-bills between a couple Battlemasters, 4 Cicadas, a CN9-D, and all three Dire Wolves. :blink:

Damn it, the most i have managed to save so far was something like 18M Cbills and they got spend quite fast in 3 Stromcrows (in sales), plus their upgrades, not so long ago...

The recent sales frenzy made me spend the few millions i got left in 3 Firestaters i haven't touched yet. But i was also starting to grind my DireWolves for XP, and equiping them was quite expensive.

Can't help it, as soon as i have in game money, i find something like a module or a new mech to buy... Almost always under 6M Cbills since 2.5 years! And out of my 62 Mechs, i only bought 33 with Cbills. Plus almost all Mech's module.
Where did my money go??? Maybe one of my engineers is stealing from me... :mellow:

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:02 AM

:rolleyes:

Down to 112 Million! House Lord problems I tell ya.

I have 1.3 Mil and am pleasantly grinding more.

#11 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:18 AM

While it's kind of hard to find builds that work with SHS, it's kind of fun to play mechs that don't have Endo, FF or XL engines. Even my STD270 Firestarter is doing ok. Not a lot of firepower, but between the teleporting phase armour and the ability to lose a side torso, it's damned hard to take it out.

And on assault mechs with multiple ballistics, even single heat sinks are ok. It's kind of hardcore mode, but you can do alright with it.

#12 evillittlestew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 02 February 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Posted Image

PGI will need to reevaluate the whole economy model if they are trying to retain casuals. After all, there are tons of other F2P games that are out there, and for those do not care about BT lore, MWO is just a grindy slow paced arena based mech shooter game.

yeah the game really is not casual friendly at all :/ shame really

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:28 AM

View Postevillittlestew, on 03 February 2015 - 03:28 AM, said:

yeah the game really is not casual friendly at all :/ shame really

There is a list of Champion Trial Mechs a new player can grab and play instantly. WE Vets on teh other hand are not Newb friendly.

#14 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:25 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 February 2015 - 04:28 AM, said:

There is a list of Champion Trial Mechs a new player can grab and play instantly. WE Vets on teh other hand are not Newb friendly.

That is better than nothing, but not by much considering you can't change its build at all (which is mostly fine, but more annoyingly...) or unlock even basic efficiencies which leaves you at a pretty huge disadvantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users