401 replies to this topic

#101 Praehotec8

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:50 PM

A few counterpoints for those complaining:

What is the big deal with PGI reusing these mechs for a second customer appreciation event? Most people who wanted the earlier packages likely already did so, yet it gives players who missed out but really wanted one to get second chance with the new packages.

Second, everyone likes to feel unique, but are the rewards REALLY that different from the other mechs in the game? At best minor cosmetic differences, and minor hardpoint changes. There are plenty of other atlases and centurions. Plus, people are acting like PGI promised to NEVER, EVER use these mechs again, and they really didn't. All that was said was they would be given as a loyalty reward to paying players.

Third, whoever was on here crying that founders should get something unique - you already did, you got your founder mech(s) and forum badges. Yes, PGI should be glad of your loyalty, and you did, in fact also get the new loyalty mechs, but you certainly can't complain you haven't gotten kudos from the developers (who even invited long-term users that had gotten banned back).

#102 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

View PostPraehotec8, on 03 February 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

What is the big deal with PGI reusing these mechs for a second customer appreciation event? Most people who wanted the earlier packages likely already did so, yet it gives players who missed out but really wanted one to get second chance with the new packages.

Second, everyone likes to feel unique, but are the rewards REALLY that different from the other mechs in the game? At best minor cosmetic differences, and minor hardpoint changes. There are plenty of other atlases and centurions. Plus, people are acting like PGI promised to NEVER, EVER use these mechs again, and they really didn't. All that was said was they would be given as a loyalty reward to paying players.

Third, whoever was on here crying that founders should get something unique - you already did, you got your founder mech(s) and forum badges. Yes, PGI should be glad of your loyalty, and you did, in fact also get the new loyalty mechs, but you certainly can't complain you haven't gotten kudos from the developers (who even invited long-term users that had gotten banned back).

I think a large part of the questions and complaints are over duplicates, and what to do about them. I'd really like an option or either be able to sell the duplicates or gift them. I've asked Russ but haven't gotten a reply.

If I could sell them for c-bills and keep the mechbays, I'd be pleased as punch. I'm fine with others getting these mechs when they help pay for the game.

#103 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 03 February 2015 - 07:44 PM, said:

What's the purpose of 'limited' if you're gonna keep putting it in every package?

I don't understand.

I think we got the meaning of limited all wrong. It should have been limited time (before we give it to everyone) type of incentive.

I wonder if they have recently hired any of the guys from the Destiny team that got pushed out the door?

*** PATCH NOTES ***
Fixed bug where free mechs that were limited to founders were
offered to everyone in order to fund blow parties and stri ..........

Fixed incorrect patch notes where the true plan was eluded to

Ah man, they have my balls since being reacquainted with such a good team based game. I am despite this and other things still going to log in when I get home and MELT SOME FACES.

Remember though:

"There is no respect between the souls of two individuals (or supplier and consumer) if their minds can't trust each other and there is no trust between them if their hearts can't accept the truth of each other."

Burnt by history makes restoration of that love and respect hard, on one hand we the consumer ask "will they pull this back around, will there be a good MWO player force 6 months from now?" And on the other the supplier ponders "will the players be loyal post the past events, if they leave we go under."

Time released, overpriced hope is born sometimes of blatant poor value. The record stops skipping as the announcement is made, and so we the consumer and you the supply engage once again and continue to dance the devils dance ...

</3

Whos up for some laser melting freaking huge battle mech action tonight?

#104 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:58 PM

Some folks are only happy when they're complaining. I already have all 3 loyalty mechs from my Phx overlord package. I don't really need 3 more, but it's cool to get them for nothing I guess. I think it would be cooler if these mechs this time around had a different unique skin than the Norn skin on the first round of loyalty mechs, but it's still cool.

I do think it's funny to get the full set of 3 for buying the collectors Urbie set this time though!

Thank you for giving away free stuff PGI, and happy anniversary.

#105 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

Cool, so having 2 of each 3 variants means I can keep 2 different builds of each ready for any occasion, instead of having to move over weapons ,mods etc to make the different builds.

:)

#106 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:34 PM

I should call those variants Bono, because they are like the unwanted U2 album on iTunes ..

#107 E5Ky

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

So duplicates of the mechs that were available for a limited time and I was given as a loyalty bonus ..I receive again and they cant be sold. Well played good sirs !

Can I have commemorative cupcake instead?

#108 Danielio97

• PipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 57 posts
  • LocationKráľovce, Slovakia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

Not that I'm not happy we're getting those 'mechs, but I already own all of them. I only rarely play in CW, maybe I will play more now because of Counter Attack mode, but I don't think I will need two same Centurions/Atlases/King Crabs, because I don't plan to run 100+100+20+20 drop deck. I guess several of us who already have those three 'mechs would rather want those three Mechbays that those 'mechs would come in, since we're unable to sell them (To be honest, I just don't like that Atlas and would I like to sell it). I understand that you want to reward us for buying those packages, but I think those 'mechs should be given to those who don't have yet and others should be able to choose between getting those 'mechs or getting mechbays/premium time/C-bills. Hey, I understand that it's free, but I don't take every free thing I see and carry it home. But still, thank you PGI for all the improvements!

Edit: Oh my bad, I only have basic Pack on UrbanMech, so I just have to upgrade in march.

Edited by Danielio97, 04 February 2015 - 07:42 AM.

#109 delushin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 159 posts
  • LocationIn-ter-web

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostE5Ky, on 03 February 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

So duplicates of the mechs that were available for a limited time and I was given as a loyalty bonus ..I receive again and they cant be sold. Well played good sirs !

Can I have commemorative cupcake instead?

A cupcake handing item would actually have me more interested ... I would want one of those extreme ones like this:

Posted Image

Its like a sad panda cupcake which when hung from the cockpit roof would make you happy! Oh and a horn like the pandas mating call or something on kill!

#110 ThaMa Gebir

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOn your moms sofa in the caustic valley, Post Coital of course...

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:13 PM

View PostDak Darklighter, on 03 February 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

Well, they're the worst mechs in my hangar, even upgraded fully with XL's,

XL in assault mechs? That's the problem right there...

#111 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

View PostPraehotec8, on 03 February 2015 - 08:50 PM, said:

Honestly I'm not complaining about PGI giving another the opportunity to get these 3 unique mechs. The real issue here is for the people that have one or more of these mechs and have (or will) earn another set of these three mechs that, because they are special/limited mechs they cannot be sold, deleted or (until we hear otherwise from PGI) gifted to anyone else. I honestly like my Atlas S(L), Cent AH(L) and Crab (L) but I would much rather be able to either sell the second set of these mechs (even if it is just for C-bills) and be able to use the mechbays for future purchases or be able to gift the 3 mechs to friends who don't already own them

Edited by YUyahoo, 03 February 2015 - 10:20 PM.

#112 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

Well, I already had the Wrath and Masakari, so I have all those loyalty mechs, but last week I bought Resistance and Urbanmech, so I get more loyalty mechs?

#113 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:08 PM

The only problem with this promotion is that you can't sell the (L) Variants. They are locked to your account, and you can't sell them, so their mechbays are locked to the mech. What is even worse, is that you can't gift them to others who might want your duplicates, or just gifting them to a duplicate account. Otherwise, it is a very cool promotion, but I know a few people might refund their UrbanMech packs, just so they don't get these duplicates.

#114 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:14 PM

Uh, Can we sell the duplicate?

#115 Ragashar

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 61 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:19 PM

So what do we do with the second set?

I already got all of these Mechs... Come on Russ, we need this addressed?

I am not offended in any way, but getting a second set of Mechs that are pure duplicates of something we already have is redundant. We should be able to do something "valid" with them. I would be a really happy camper too if I was able to sell the second set and get the C-Bills out of them and the few mech bays. I would be really happy. This would probably be the easiest solution. And you'd have your veterans satisfied as well as the people who missed on the first go.

Let's hope that this gets sorted out and does give something little to everyone...

#116 Dakkss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostThaMa Gebir, on 03 February 2015 - 10:13 PM, said:

XL in assault mechs? That's the problem right there...

I meant moreso that I tried them with XL's and it didn't make for any better builds. I ended up putting STD's back in them apart from the most worthless mech (for my playstyle) of the lot, the Cn9-AH.

#117 Flokoloko

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

Nice idea, but how about a little "thank you" to those who only purchased a small package and/or MCs since 16th of Dezember?

Would be very kind for everyone who doesn't want to spend much cash for those top tier packages.

Greetings!

#118 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

And here I was thinking I was going to stop at the Grasshopper......

#119 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 February 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

Thank you PGI for making this available again to everyone who did not have the opportunity to receive one before.

However, the rest of us aren't particularly motivated to partake in this a second time. There isn't really a reason to own doubles of these Mechs.

So...Thanks, but no thanks. :)
I share this opinon !

I would have prefered other mechs instead of the King Crab 000, Atlas S and Centurion AH,
like Jenner II C, Hunchback II C and Orion II C !
As there are already IS mechs of this name with the same weight, they could use the IS predecessors as the necessary variants for unlocking Elite ... even a single Urbanmech II C would have been better than getting the same Mechs again :(

#120 Aramoro999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

View PostKreepyKrawly, on 03 February 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

How about gift certificates for these mechs instead???

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users