Planetside/mwo Combo Dream

2 replies to this topic

#1 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

Am I the only one that played Planetsdie 2 and thought, well, this could make a badass platform for a combined arms battletech game?

The game already has tanks, what amounts to aerofighters, and foot soldiers. MAX suits are basically early battle armor. All they need to add are mechs, and switch ingame assets and tech to battletech ones. It wouldn't take much to re-texture the structures, some of which are already large enough to accommodate mechs. They could switch out the factions(add a couple) and make the continents whole planets. ( I know I'm way over-simplifying what it would take)

Imagine the scale of mech warfare possible on something like that.(sort of like advanced LL)

Edited by Zekester81, 29 January 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#2 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:26 PM

You are right about that. The biggest bottlenecks against this would be the capabilities of the game engine and the servers. Planetside is purposedly built for that. CryEngine not likely.

#3 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

I would love to see a combined arms game with Mechwarrior mechs.

However, I am not actually as thrilled by a Planetside 2 type of game as you may think. You see I have played Planetside-2, but found the combat hit or miss. Either you were getting stomped and losing all the time, or you couldn't find a fight worthy of the name and were just barely keeping up with the pack, or worse you were stuck behind your own lines dealing with some annoying idiot would was trying to solo one of your massive bases by himself.

In other words the scale of Planetside-2 is impressive, but I still ended up preferring balanced game play of two fixed, set teams.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 06 February 2015 - 12:13 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users