#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

View Postluigi256, on 06 February 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

The 70% does not matter as much as you may think. A mech can be head shotted and destroyed and will have 95% "health" left.

If your center torso was heavily damaged a single shot or alpha strike could destroy you. A little more detail about how damaged you were would help.

On a hundred ton mech, you can lose your head and have 99% health still.

An red armored CT is very easy to take out in a single shot from twin AC/20 or a triple PPC burst. Twin Gauss can do the trick as well. My quad gauss can back to back pretty quickly.

View Postmailin, on 06 February 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

The Dire Wolf can actually mount 4 gauss. Koniving has a video of it in action I believe.

Indeed.

Btw, every single mech can die in a single shot. Twin AC/20 (Inner Sphere only; the IS is OP) to the cockpit.

#22 Nukem Till They Glow

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationMinot, ND, USA

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

View PostViken, on 06 February 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

70% armor is the composite whole of your mech. You could have 5% armor on your Center Torso, and 100% on your Left Leg as well. They simply average into a whole. So, if you had a tiny amount left on your CT, then get hit with an Alpha (Firing all your weapons simultaneously) to eat through it and then crit your engine for 3 slots, you'd die.

Depends on the weapon, and depends on the location as well.

If an AC20 hits your Head (Max 18 armor) then 2 damage goes into structure. If this 2 damage Crits, then it'll deal the full 20 damage towards the components. In this case, the Head Structure, which has 15 health. 15 - 20 = dead = 1 shot.

If it was from long range, it was most likely 2x Gauss Rifles, which do 15 damage each. 18 - 15 = 3 armor on head from first shot, but the 3 - 15 = crit possibilities up the wazoo.

I've been at work all night. Sorry for the late reply, but I think this seems to explain it for me. I will have to remember to get screen shots from now on. It just seems insane that an assault mech would drop so easily.

I have also toyed with a 4 gauss DWF, but you can only carry enough ammo for about 5-10 volleys then your done and just a walking target.

Thank you to everyone for trying to explain this to me. Oh, and my primary faction is House Steiner. I do freelance work for Clan Ghost Bear. It's nice to mix things up once-in-a-while...

#23 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,664 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:21 AM

It's quite possible your opponent got a lucky critical hit and it blew up some ammo or something. It happens.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users