37 replies to this topic

#21 Zeriniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

View PostSOIMiMozO, on 07 February 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Just a quiestion. Are thouse "unique variants" are like hero mechs? Or it's just about the camo and c-bill bonus? Will there be regular Panther 10k for C-bills later?

There will be.
The unique geometry hasn't been shown yet, those camo patterns are the unique ® camos.

#22 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:49 AM

View PostTennex, on 07 February 2015 - 05:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Size prediction done by Jawaa on reddit
Posted Image

Note: These are work in progress screenshots that have not included the unique geometry

really liking the PNT, but hope that the screenshot size comparo is off...being slower, with less tanky arms, it really cannot afford to be even slightly larger than the FS9.

The ENF is 90% good...but that massively dorky cockpit makes the head look ridiculous, and the RA is not not good (love the LA and the rest of the mech). Fix one or the other, and it would be mostly OK, fix both and it could be dang sexy
Posted Image

#23 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 07 February 2015 - 09:49 AM, said:

really liking the PNT, but hope that the screenshot size comparo is off...being slower, with less tanky arms, it really cannot afford to be even slightly larger than the FS9.

The ENF is 90% good...but that massively dorky cockpit makes the head look ridiculous, and the RA is not not good (love the LA and the rest of the mech). Fix one or the other, and it would be mostly OK, fix both and it could be dang sexy
Posted Image

hopefully they didnt scale the AC20s down because they wanted to standardize the size

#24 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

I think the Panther is the first mech that has actually perfectly portrayed the awesome concept art.
But please sort out the enforcer cockpit pgi. I purchased one and want it to look badass like the concept.

#25 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

View PostTennex, on 07 February 2015 - 09:52 AM, said:

hopefully they didnt scale the AC20s down because they wanted to standardize the size

with a LA in them, it won't be able to pack an ac20 anyhow. Big thing for me, is the long barrel is a trademark of the look of an Enforcer. The AC barrel always has reached the lower knee when the arm is straight. That alone would make me overlook the funkity cockpit more.

#26 SOIMiMozO

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

View PostZeriniel, on 07 February 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

There will be.
The unique geometry hasn't been shown yet, those camo patterns are the unique ® camos.

That's great, I like the mech, but not interested in any other content in that pack. So 20 bucks for a camo and a c-bill bonus is a bit too much.

I hope those shoulder pads will be counted as hands. That would make a perfect cover for side torsos.

Edited by SOIMiMozO, 07 February 2015 - 05:49 PM.

#27 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostTennex, on 07 February 2015 - 05:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Size prediction done by Jawaa on reddit

Note: These are work in progress screenshots that have not included the unique geometry

As long as that head gets 'rounded out' I have no issue with the enforcer seeing the right arm at a better angle. The initial screenshot made it look like the arm got the 'snub' treatment the vindicator did, and the Enforcer's is already short which would have been hideous. But it looks good except for that nasty, polygonal head there.

Fix the Enforcer Head PGI! That's all I'm asking! (see your Resistance Pack concept art below for what I'm talking about)
Posted Image

Edited by MauttyKoray, 07 February 2015 - 09:15 PM.

#28 Aethon

• Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

Yep, the Enforcer's head geometry needs to be fixed; I could live with the arm, as long as they fix the head. Other than the head, it looks great, to me.

#29 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:27 PM

View PostAethon, on 07 February 2015 - 09:25 PM, said:

Yep, the Enforcer's head geometry needs to be fixed; I could live with the arm, as long as they fix the head. Other than the head, it looks great, to me.

The arm actually looks about the right size other than the gun barrel itself looks a tad shorter due to MWO's plug'n'play weaponry.

#30 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:59 AM

The Enforcer's head is certainly too obtuse around the chin area, though the rest looks great. It really matches the scavenged and jerry-rigged feel that IS 'mechs should have: defined, layered armor plates with robust and blocky edges. All in all the head, while too big for the mech, is better than the insectoid one in the concept art.

Either way, color me excited for the newest addition to the IS Medium class.

#31 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:06 AM

View PostAirmanator, on 08 February 2015 - 12:59 AM, said:

The Enforcer's head is certainly too obtuse around the chin area, though the rest looks great. It really matches the scavenged and jerry-rigged feel that IS 'mechs should have: defined, layered armor plates with robust and blocky edges. All in all the head, while too big for the mech, is better than the insectoid one in the concept art.

Either way, color me excited for the newest addition to the IS Medium class.

The Grasshopper? I thought that one looked pretty unique in contrast to the other big blocky heavies we had, love it actually going off the concept art. Loved the Enforcer too and would've bought the pack but I decided to forego all the 'extras' for pre-ordering just in case something like this happened...and it did. That head/face in the front just isn't rounded enough like the concept, no go for me unless they fix it.

#32 Zuri Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 120 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 08 February 2015 - 01:06 AM, said:

The Grasshopper? I thought that one looked pretty unique in contrast to the other big blocky heavies we had, love it actually going off the concept art. Loved the Enforcer too and would've bought the pack but I decided to forego all the 'extras' for pre-ordering just in case something like this happened...and it did. That head/face in the front just isn't rounded enough like the concept, no go for me unless they fix it.

I see where you're coming from, but the concept art for the Enforcer's head looks like that of an insect. That's off putting enough for me; the head looks kinda like a Stormtrooper's helmet though. On second thought it's only large because the mech's feet are ginormous. Darn size ratios.

#33 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:37 AM

View PostAirmanator, on 08 February 2015 - 01:09 AM, said:

I see where you're coming from, but the concept art for the Enforcer's head looks like that of an insect. That's off putting enough for me; the head looks kinda like a Stormtrooper's helmet though. On second thought it's only large because the mech's feet are ginormous. Darn size ratios.

The design choice may work for another mech, but that nice, rounded style would have worked well in sync with the Vindicator's curved design aesthetically. The flat face, after having looked at and began to love this concept art for so long, is just so disappointing and disgusting, especially when the Panther looks so amazing and very similar to its concept.

I would be fine if the head was kept as-is in its size. I just want that front rounded out like the concept and I think it will look significantly better.

Edited by MauttyKoray, 08 February 2015 - 01:44 AM.

#34 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:10 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 07 February 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Where you see a spaceship with legs, I see a house with legs. Its baba Yaga's hut (3050 style).

Baba Yaga's Hut in 3050 sounds even cooler than a spaceship on legs! Why do we have the stupid X-5 and not a Baba Yaga hero mech!?

#35 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 February 2015 - 02:10 AM, said:

..... the stupid X-5 and .....

My hero is quite upset, now......

#36 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:10 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 08 February 2015 - 02:28 AM, said:

My hero is quite upset, now......

It should be upset! It was given ridiculous quirks and it doesn't even have AMS! I mean, missile cooldown, energy range and duration? If it had energy range and missile range, you could maybe use it as a medium range harasser. If it had missile cooldown and energy cooldown, you could maybe use it as a light / medium mech hunter. If it had large laser range and shorter duration, you could maybe use it as a fast sniper / harasser. But they seem to have just rolled a set of D20 dice to come up with entirely random quirks for this thing, and there's really no good builds that make it rival the CDA-2A, 2B or 3M. It shows a classic sign of vision, no real concept behind what it's supposed to do. Its ability to carry streaks was thought to be a big deal when they released it, but that never really mattered much.

Your hero mech is a mongrel and a mutt.

No offense :D

#37 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 08 February 2015 - 03:10 AM, said:

It should be upset! It was given ridiculous quirks and it doesn't even have AMS! I mean, missile cooldown, energy range and duration? If it had energy range and missile range, you could maybe use it as a medium range harasser. If it had missile cooldown and energy cooldown, you could maybe use it as a light / medium mech hunter. If it had large laser range and shorter duration, you could maybe use it as a fast sniper / harasser. But they seem to have just rolled a set of D20 dice to come up with entirely random quirks for this thing, and there's really no good builds that make it rival the CDA-2A, 2B or 3M. It shows a classic sign of vision, no real concept behind what it's supposed to do. Its ability to carry streaks was thought to be a big deal when they released it, but that never really mattered much.

Your hero mech is a mongrel and a mutt.

No offense :D

Well, yes, a little more consideration about quirk, and we would be happier.
But I'm using my X-5 with the esact same loadout as before the quirck patch, and this mech is a ton of fun!
4 ml and 2 smr4. very simple.
Yes, the other CDAs seem better (except the C3), but it doesn't matter, it has its own concept: an overgrown JR7-D

Every CDA is a false medium :D

edit: it doesn't have ams, because ... it is an hero in the battlefield!

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 08 February 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#38 StraferX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 640 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:40 AM

I keep going back and looking at these 2 mechs and the more I do the more I like the looks, The only change I would give the these mechs is either Amber or Fire Iridium {LT-MOB-25} pit glass.

We really need cockpit glass color selections and it would be another sellable item PGI could cash in on.

One possible idea to spruce up the Enforcer squared off chin would be to add some small sensors just to give it some detail.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users