Shutdown Mech On Disconnect

6 replies to this topic

#1 ClericShiv

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:47 PM

If you get disconnected from a match or your client crashes your Mech should shutdown.

#2 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:00 PM

Yes its logical and will improve the chances of still being alive when you reboot.

Perhaps start being radar detectable again after two minutes or so to reduce the annoyance of searching for that last disconnected player. Even start sending out a NARC beacon so everyone can quickly find it and finish the match.

#3 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

I will simply say that I agree with this thread and the posters above me. I have nothing more to say.

#4 Savage Sweets

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

While I do agree with this idea, I'd also like if someone remains disconnected for more than 5 minutes, they be removed from the match & someone else in que is brought in; so the team isn't just sitting with dead weight.

#5 JadeWolf01

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBoise Idaho

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

I like the idea of a mech being shut down in the event of log or disconnect. Maybe a 5 minute timer until an auto self-destruct. I also believe that some type of timer should be set on any mechs that are shut down manually. If you shut down while logged in and stay shut down longer than some amount of time, say 1 minute, then you get a warning that if you don't power up in 30 seconds you will be removed from the game. Auto self destruct. Ding to you k/d, no points, no c-bills. If you are powered down for more than 1 minute within 30 seconds of the end of the match same thing. Have a 30 second cool down so that you have to be active more than 30 seconds to reset the shut down timer. It would need to be a cumulative timer. No shutting down for 30 seconds moving for 1 second to reset, shut down again. I don't think that there is a viable reason to stay shut down for very long. Most hide tactics should be fairly short term. Just until the enemy wanders off or into ambush. I just have never seen anyone shut down for anything long term than about a minute other than to just hide to avoid being killed at the end of a match. I am willing to concede the point if there is a valid tactic.

#6 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

OMG... the Skirmish-freaks will lose their everlovin minds if anything shuts down. That's tantamount to kicking puppies. They'll be reporting that person before the match is over.

Edited by Kjudoon, 12 February 2015 - 06:42 AM.

#7 Zen555

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

Ideally the game would never disconnect or crash. Things are MUCH improved, but I still find myself crashing too often for my liking.

That said, a shutdown isn't too bad an idea; most of the time if I crash out, I'm dead by the time I re-join.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users