Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:21 PM

Get in on the groundfloor!
http:///punx.freeforums.net

Tired of feeling out of place?

Not OCD enough to dedicate 25 hours a day to a video game, yet want something more competative than some of the laid-back ghostowns you've encountered?

We might be your unit.

Tired of pompous a$$hats that want to dictate how YOU spend YOUR time? Does getting your unit to actually *do* something feel like you're trying to herd cats?

We might be your unit.

The Autonomous Collective of Ni, unit callsign PUNX, was founded on a handful of simple principles: 1) Playing MWO online is not a freaking job. If we wanted to get ordered around by talking heads spewing BS we'd just stay at work. 2) That a unit is a sum of ALL it's parts- the good, the bad, and the ugly (which is good since we're plenty ugly... LOL). Yes, the name is a direct mash-up of two different scenes from Monty Python's Quest For The Holy Grail. We're like the Knights Who Say Ni, inspiring fear and trepidation in all who we encounter. We're also like Dennis and the other communals in that we're a [semi] autonomous collective. You are free to do whatever the hell you want when you want to do it.

The unit calllsign... well that was mainly the beer talking. That and a certain playlist blaring in the background when setting up the unit on MWO. ;)

We don't want sheep. We want the iconoclasts and the idealists, the casual gamers and hardcore types. This isn't just a gaming unit, it's a slice of life. Swing by the brand-spanking new forums and see for yourself. Ya they're pretty empty right now, but I think you'll see where this is heading long before it gets there.

Edited by Heml0ck Nisshoko, 04 February 2015 - 05:55 PM.

#2 Heml0ck Nisshoko

Rookie

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

Here's a cut/paste direct from our unit forums...

<snip>

SO... What the sam hell is all this "Autonomous Collective of Ni" stuff about? It's a hybrid culled from two different scenes from Monty Python's Quest For The Holy Grail, arguably one of the greatest movies of all time (IMHO). An Autonomous Collective in the fact that we are self-governing. 'Self what?' You heard that right, we're *basically* leaderless. Ni because it's a silly word that certain fearsome Knights say repeatedly out in the woods. Gonads and strife muh-fuh. Posted Image So ya I'm the Grand Poohbah and all but it's more figurative than fascist. Huh? Lemme quote "Where Do Ya Draw The Line", a song by the Dead Kennedys. It states,

"Anarchy sounds good to me
Then someone asks, 'Who'd fix the sewers?'
'Would the rednecks just play king
Of the neighborhood?'

How many liberators
Really want to be dictators
Every theory has its holes
When real life steps in"

And Father Jello of the Great Conflagration (aka Jello Biafra) has an excellent point. My job is to herd the cats. Nothing more, nothing less. I run the boards, pay the bills, kick the asses. Outside of that, we're all about some well K-Y'ed anarchy here. Be a d!ck even if your name's not Richard. Be a Buddha in a sea of Stalins for all I care. This ship is what each of us make of it. Love under will and all that jazz. Oh ya, and if in doubt the answer is always 42. Even if the question is what do you get when you multiply 6 by 9...

Fnord,
Heml0ck
Grand Poobah of our good ship lollipop.

Edited by Heml0ck Nisshoko, 04 February 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#3 Lilamma

• Pip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 10 posts
  • Locationbris

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

original....

#4 Creag

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 419 posts
  • Locationadelaide Australia

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:01 PM

Good luck

#5 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:07 PM

Welcome to the Merc forums, allow us here at the Grog Corps to wish you luck in your recruitment!

Side note:
I like the fact the you mention Jello Biafra and cats in nearly the same sentence because my cat is named Jello, after the DK singer :P.

Edited by t Khrist, 05 February 2015 - 04:08 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users