Marik Embassy

24 replies to this topic

#1 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:18 PM

So, y'all going to let us try to do something with that?

Over a week ago we were asked to stop expanding it, but the algorithm isn't going to change direction by itself.

#2 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:08 AM

Roadbeer Island!

You're not just on the Island, you MAKE THE ISLAND.

#3 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

You're in the way of the attack corridor to Terra as it is, so if the Jags get down there you can take an active role in kicking them back which would automatically take you north. I can't speak for DCMS high command, but I don't really have any faith the algorithm would change direction at all - more likely to take you back to your home space through Terra. Where it would go after that, I've no idea.

#4 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

High Council is talking Roadbeer- we'll get you an answer shortly.

#5 Kdogg788

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

The only way anything will ever really get done on the clan front is if you organize the southern houses to defend the DC, FRR, Steiner worlds, while the northern houses go on the attack. The only way to combat the number advantage the clans have is with a concentrated effort over multiple houses. While it has been great to fight and hold planets with our small number of 12 mans, we need more firepower to the front to make it happen.

-k

#6 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:25 PM

It is likely that Marik will obtain a new front against FRR or CJF, similar to how they found themselves suddenly with a Kurita border. It's probably more time-efficient to hope for that than to attempt capturing more kurita worlds in hopes of a slight shift in the current position. The hard part will be to win that planet. In the event that Marik obtains a border world against the clans, rest assured that Kurita will do everything in its power to ensure it remain permanent.

This is my two cents. I don't speak for the council.

#7 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

The wormhole was a glitch in their algorithm that they corrected.

And right now the algorithm is pulling all our attack lanes to consolidate our territory with our little island. Once we've done all we can in that direction within Kurita space, it should start sending us back in the direction of the Kurita capital, which is the North/North Eastern direction that we want.

Besides, word on the street is that PGI will take our little embassy away if we don't start doing something with it to try and consolidate it with the rest of our territory.

Marik has dropped to expand that and take Athenry. You guys can go ahead and take Kuzuu behind us, but could you please get -T to pull of Athenry and let us have it? We need to get our island consolidated before the algorithm will let us push north again.

#8 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:35 PM

So basically Marik won't go north again until they've obtained give or take 40 more planets. Okay, go right ahead.

Wait so there's only Athenry, Asta, Dieron and Altair as Kurita worlds left and then Marik's done its best to consolidate from that front and then after those four systems maybe one more the border will likely go north again? What if it starts asking for dozens of Kurita planets before finally going north again?

Edited by PerfectDuck, 04 February 2015 - 08:38 PM.

#9 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

It should only be a few Kurita planets. After that, there's no further south it can go, so the bias to go to capitals should take over.

We can easily have Kurita cap planets behind us, but we need to TAKE planets to move our island blob south before it will go North again. That's not going to happen with Kurita dropping FOUR FULL COMPANIES in defense on Athenry.

#10 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:53 PM

Weren't we also threatened by PGI to connect the two regions?

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 09:06 PM

Roadbeer Island puts a who other faction, one with solid units and plenty of people and no real active borders between the Clans and Terra.

It would be *stupid* to let that opportunity go to waste.

#12 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

View Posttherealswilly, on 04 February 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

This has been confirmed by everyone but PGI themselves, but from enough people close enough to the secret squirrel club that I consider it valid.

The road north leads south.

#13 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:54 PM

View Posttherealswilly, on 04 February 2015 - 08:53 PM, said:

When did this happen?

View PostRoadbeer, on 04 February 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

This has been confirmed by everyone but PGI themselves, but from enough people close enough to the secret squirrel club that I consider it valid.

Why do all roads leading north never go north! ARG!

#14 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 04 February 2015 - 10:52 PM, said:

Not to doubt you Roadbeer, I know Marik's Little Birds are always active, but there have been a LOT of wormholes lately. Surely PGI isn't planning on closing all of them? So why would they take ours away?

#15 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:26 PM

View PostDavers, on 04 February 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

Not to doubt you Roadbeer, I know Marik's Little Birds are always active, but there have been a LOT of wormholes lately. Surely PGI isn't planning on closing all of them? So why would they take ours away?

Don't have an answer for you other than I've heard it around. I expect because it was the first "real" one and PGI kind of expected us to do something more with it.

I haven't even spoken with Swilly about it, so that would be what is referred to in the Journalistic Trade as a second source.

Edited by Roadbeer, 04 February 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#16 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

That doesn't soudn right at all. I dont see how PGI would just take 5 planets form a faction just becasue they werent pressing attacks on certain factions. If they were going to correct teh problem they would have done it soon after it happened.

#17 Temptis

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 68 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

this is beta. eventualy the map may just get reset to give the planet selector algorithm another run from the get-go.
i wouldn't sweat about keeping or loosing that pocket at this point. have fun while it lasts.

#18 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

PGI is going let the algorithm run its course so they can find whats wrong, only expect a map reset when they say they have all the algorithm problems solved and not a moment before. I wouldn't worry about PGI taking worlds away, if they were willing to simply give worlds back , I am sure they would have already done it in prior cases.

#19 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:17 AM

It will be interesting to see if Marik's attack algorithm will change once the island is all the way south. Will you lose the attacks in the main portion of your faction or will those just shift north so you can connect?

#20 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostLord Ikka, on 05 February 2015 - 06:17 AM, said:

It will be interesting to see if Marik's attack algorithm will change once the island is all the way south. Will you lose the attacks in the main portion of your faction or will those just shift north so you can connect?

I think they already have shifted north. We were marching towards New Avalon and then the Algorithm shifted us north to Ascunsion, Zion, and beyond.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users