Players Need A Rating System ...

9 replies to this topic

#1 Manipulus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

a few people with experience in a random selection of teams often meet with a dozen newcomers or just idiots - game turns out not initially equal ... most matches end with a score of 12-2 or 12-4!
This is partly due to the fact that there is no possibility to choose the battlefield - can not be prepared accordingly to local conditions ... it's all the basics of tactics of the battle ... know the terrain and conditions! and here is nonsense turns out - go to war !? - Yes you are! where? - Do not know! - For what? - Do not know!

now it's the fact that there were skilled pilots in MC-mechs (heroics) and they play the role of the accidental balance that often decides the fate of the match. it is disbalanse in game... I think that the players want to be able to choose the battle map and want to play with someone who has their skill level
Seriously, as a whole, it all looks the circus and marasmus... although students will eat and so on ... and to create their own what that team needed at least 10 people with skill !!!

Mechs 50% are not used because they are not effective... where
CATAPHRACT?HUNDERBOLT[color=#EEEEEE]?[/color]

?
QUICKDRAW ?

there is even a website with a forum does not play well - the name can not be copied))

[color=#EEEEEE]CCTFA[/color][color=#EEEEEE]CATAPHRACT[/color][color=#EEEEEE]TAPHRACT[/color]

#2 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

so in other words you want to to allow skilled players to chose other skilled players to b on their side leaving new players more or less on one side making it more unbalanced as we all know higher ranking players will only want to be on the side of fellow high ranked players.

That leaves ether new players or players that are still having trouble with the controls(some are very slow learners which isn't their fault though that doesn't make them idiots or stupid) on their own facing a bunch of skilled players that will crush them in less time than it takes to load the battle.

yeah half of that idea isn't a idiotic and stupid(not calling the poster an idiot or stupid just their idea) at all...

all I see is half of your idea as punishing new players or 'idiots' for still not being good as founders, beta testers, and so on as they are not skilled as them yet.

and people want this game on steam with those that may like your idea?

This type of thing could make new players feel ostracized or at an unfair disadvantage.

now the idea of being able to chose the battlefield I can get behind as I know I would never be in the swamp ever again nor that one city fight at night as it is so freaken dark and night vision is terrible(I end up using Heat over NV).

#3 Manipulus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

[Имя цитатой = метка "VinJade '=' 1423425476 'после =' 4176751 ']
Таким образом, в Другими словами, вы хотите, чтобы позволить квалифицированных игроков, чтобы выбрать другие квалифицированные игроки B на их стороне оставляя новых игроков более или менее на одной стороне, что делает его более несбалансированным, как мы все знаем, более высокий рейтинг игроки будут нужны только, чтобы быть на стороне Попутчики высокопоставленные игроки.

Это оставляет эфирные новых игроков или игроков, которые все еще возникают проблемы с контролем (некоторые из них очень медленно учащиеся, которые не по своей вине, однако, что не делает их идиотами или глупо) самостоятельно, стоящих перед кучу квалифицированных игроков, которые могут сломаться их в более короткие сроки, чем это тр{отредактировано}уется для загрузки в бой.

да половина этой идеи не идиотская и глупо (не называя плакат идиот или глупо просто их идея) на всех ...

все, что я вижу, половина вашей идеи, как наказать новых игроков или "идиоты" для еще не будучи хорошо, как учредителей, бета-тестеров, и так далее, поскольку они не являются квалифицированными, как они еще.

и люди хотят эту игру на паром с теми, которые могут нравится ваша идея?

Этот тип вещи смогли сделать новые игроки чувствуют остракизму или несправедливое невыгодное положение.

Теперь идея, чтобы быть способным выбрал боя я могу получить позади, как я знаю, что никогда не будет в болоте когда-либо снова ни то, что в одном городе бой в ночь, как это так freaken темно и ночного видения страшно (я в конечном итоге с использованием тепла над NV).
[/ Цитата]
quite the contrary! experienced and inexperienced players do not choose or anything ... you've seen the rating selection in DotA? it's like that in sports - strong men, and kindergarten let himself plays ... in my opinion there is the idea of a more sober ... let alone swim in shallow water, and other open water ...

#4 Manipulus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:58 AM

now many classes furs are generally not used ... just because there are more effective ... pragmatically. ie there is not possible to recreate the canonical assembly into the car - all need to be balanced. and in many instances it is evident, but the balance while jumping, the Ukrainians on the Maidan ...

#5 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:13 AM

The problem is, in many cases, is not the Mechs, or the players, but the lack of people playing as a team. Lack of tactics is a second, and poor choice of a tactic is third. If a player disco's because he or she does not like a map, or sees a pilot name in que that that they don't like, they are gone. That puts everyone at a disadvantage.
In one round of CW I destroyed, by myself without help, 4 Mechs because the players were so intent on taking down a one target that I obliterated an entire Lance worth of Mechs. And no I don't consider myself anything other than your "average" player.

P.S. it was not with LRM's either...(BWAH HA HA HA!!!)

Edited by Kalimaster, 10 February 2015 - 07:14 AM.

#6 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 10 February 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostManipulus, on 08 February 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

now it's the fact that there were skilled pilots in MC-mechs (heroics) and they play the role of the accidental balance that often decides the fate of the match. it is disbalanse in game...

MC heros are not very good actually.
A few are serviceable and good for C-bill grinding, but not many players would have one as their favorite competitive "winning" mech.
They give extra reward, but they have been carefully designed not to be Pay To Win.

Players are not dominating because of their P2W Hero mech.

I think that the players want to be able to choose the battle map and want to play with someone who has their skill level

There is matchmaker, it tries to do what it can with population size and issues of predicting a players performance in different mechs. Nobody actually knows how it works, PGI wont say, only have old comments to go off and that may no longer be relevant.
Can probably be improved, but we dont know if they are trying different settings to get it right.

Map selection would make matchmakers job harder, smaller player pools available.
Plus optimal builds for each map can cause a lot of problems.
Nothing but LRM and NARC shooters on caustic for example.

#7 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

cannot read a word of what manipulus wrote, English please.

or there is no way I can respond...

@Kalimaster
I myself have often thought about leaving a match due to two maps I hate. my hate for them is worse than the clans hate for LAMs.

though I stick around for my teammates as I am unwilling to leave them just because I hate the Bog and that one city night fight that forces you to use the lack luster NV(heat is better for me anyways) even if I gripe about it I will never leave my team.

now if I run across a TKP I will take them out without a second thought(he'd do it to me and others like he did before).

Edited by VinJade, 10 February 2015 - 11:21 AM.

#8 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

I think the OP is saying Elo is stupid and doesn't work in this game.

#9 Manipulus

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 06:20 AM

View PostVinJade, on 10 February 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

cannot read a word of what manipulus wrote, English please.

or there is no way I can respond...

@Kalimaster
I myself have often thought about leaving a match due to two maps I hate. my hate for them is worse than the clans hate for LAMs.

though I stick around for my teammates as I am unwilling to leave them just because I hate the Bog and that one city night fight that forces you to use the lack luster NV(heat is better for me anyways) even if I gripe about it I will never leave my team.

now if I run across a TKP I will take them out without a second thought(he'd do it to me and others like he did before).

I have to ensure that the matches were selected in accordance with a certain rating system ... kids with kids, and experienced with experienced. Now you can start the game subsidiary of units (eg raven with 3l tag system to cover a group ecm) and watch them all cut almost alone. There are very angry teammates with whom you would not want to deal on the same side in the future ... this requires the possibility of such a vote. let the other team, but not in your ...

#10 VinJade

• 1,211 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

people need to deal with it. they don't like new players or players that are still having a hard time learning should not be sent to the 'kids table' because they will not learn a thing.

also it will just cause resentment against older players and or founders themselves which could end up tarnishing this game's reputation.

believe me it takes little to tarnish a reputation that could take years to build up and only minutes to be lost.

remember people want this game on steam and reviews can ether make or break a game and this idea would only cause a rift and or even hate for older players.

its bad enough some founders(not all of them) think they are better than everyone else just because they been here the longest and have had the chance to polish their skills over the years this game have been around.

Only way for people to get better is not to ostracize them but allow them time to get better with everyone else regardless of skill level.

so rating system is a very bad idea and in the end will only hurt pgi in the long run.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users