• PipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:59 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 February 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

so boobs would be gone

No good can come of this...

Edited by Chemistrius, 10 February 2015 - 11:59 AM.

#22 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:03 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 10 February 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

you would realize with reproduction systems turned off you would also, reduce the genderspecific like characteristics, so boobs would be gone and the male features smaller, because no need and probably more unisex uniforms in standardized sizes.

You really think that men involved in genetically engineering women would not find a way to "have it all"?

Considering what that caste was able to do with weapons I am sure they did a good job on the women too.

#23 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:38 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 10 February 2015 - 12:03 PM, said:

You really think that men involved in genetically engineering women would not find a way to "have it all"?

Considering what that caste was able to do with weapons I am sure they did a good job on the women too.

for battle, when reporducing is unecassary, there is no need for boobs, their primary task is to feed babies, which is obsolete if you are breed only for the purposeof battle. I would not make any sense to keep them..

#24 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:43 AM

While it is true that the trueborn warriors are breed for battle, not all of them qualify for the Warrior Caste but qualify quite well for say the Scientist Caste for example.

Lily I would think of it this way, they are born sterile but if they wish to reproduce the Scientist Caste knows enough about the human genome to be able to make a sterile person potent.

#25 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 05:48 AM

View PostJadeTimberwolf, on 11 February 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

While it is true that the trueborn warriors are breed for battle, not all of them qualify for the Warrior Caste but qualify quite well for say the Scientist Caste for example.

Lily I would think of it this way, they are born sterile but if they wish to reproduce the Scientist Caste knows enough about the human genome to be able to make a sterile person potent.

But I don't think with the intent to preeb better and more perfect warriors they would focus on these attributes. havign no breasts mena snot able to feed babies, yet does not mean being able to probably make babies. or nourish them after "birth". because even the iron womb is a replacement for the female reproduction organs. So i guess even if a trueborn is going to have the non warrior way to get babies, those would be fed by baby formula, I doubt such a simply invention would be lostech.
or maybe, they would even have some special hormons triggering breath growth in the later time if needed?

#26 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:11 AM

Posted Image

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Iron_Womb

The use of in-vitro fertilization has also gone some ways towards the casualness of love and relationships within Clan society, especially with the act of sex divorced from reproduction. Whereas in the Inner Sphere such acts are considered a sign of intimacy in a relationship, among Clan warriors it is merely a normal part of friendship.

The idea of sexual fidelity is completely lost on them as coupling with friends, usually members of the same sibko, is completely natural. They also see the act of courtship as completely unnecessary and, if they bother to perform any type of seduction, are as likely to simply walk up to a complete stranger and ask if they are interested in coupling.

As per the eugenics program civilians are matched together based on their genetic compatibility, though the only purpose of these sanctioned matches is for the production of children; as a result promiscuity is also prevalent among the castes. A blind eye is turned to these "unofficial" couplings so long as birth control is used.

http://www.sarna.net...#Social_Conduct

Ironically while the Clans' eugenics program is the centerpiece of their society, in many ways it is the least technologically advanced. The birthing chambers known as Iron Wombs are based on technology over a thousand years old, little different from the life-support systems used to save premature babies first pioneered by Jutendo University on Terra. Ethical concerns kept these artificial wombs from being used for any other purposes, concerns discarded by Kerensky and his scientists in their need for a larger population.

The eugenics program proper began in 2819, though it wouldn't be until 2858 that the three distinctive phenotypes associated with modern-day trueborns first emerged. Surprisingly scientists associated with the program take a hands-off approach to their work, preferring for the most part to let nature take its course.

Genetic modification to alter physical or mental traits is used only sparingly beyond correcting adverse recessive traits or ensuring an equal balance of males and females to each Bloodhouse. This latter reason remains more for the sake of tradition than any true need, as it is relatively easy to take DNA from two individuals and splice them into sperm and ova gametes, creating a zygote irrespective of the donor's genes: theoretically a male warrior can be a "gene-mother" and vice versa, though again this is a rare occurrence.

Another theoretical yet rarely occurring practice is the ability to create clones, known as a "retread." Simply replicating an individual however implies stagnation and goes against the Clans' belief in evolution and natural selection. Lastly Clan law discourages the combining of genes from related warriors, usually within three generations of each other; despite genetic screening in.cest remains a taboo.

While the eugenics program is popularly associated with trueborn warriors, it also applies to the civilian freeborn castes as well. Officially the scientist caste is responsible for pairing individuals based on their genetic compatibility, but in practice most "marriages" are given approval after the fact. These pairings are mandatory however for the production of many children, and individuals caught "eloping" as it were can faced severe punishment for interfering with the eugenics program. Such punishments are left up to the individual Clan to determine, but can range anywhere up to chemical reprogramming or execution.

http://www.sarna.net...ical.2FGenetics

Edited by Noesis, 11 February 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 11 February 2015 - 06:37 AM

In one of the Jade Phoenix novels, Peri (a scientist from Aidan Pryde's sibko) used her knowdledge of hormons to become able to grow a child (and she does). So it is possible to trigger it as Lily said.

#28 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:26 AM

What's the agenda here? Please stop derailing the thread into somehow mocking being attracted to strong women.

The motivational poster was great! I hope to see more good work :)

Edited by reddevil, 11 February 2015 - 09:01 AM.

#29 Lanadon Conners

• Pip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 11 posts
  • LocationIn a Dropship in Orbit above you

Posted 12 February 2015 - 12:29 AM

That is an excellent picture. She looks like she is thinking of either a past battle or a future one, or maybe just had an argument with Aiden.
<0 respect for the intent of the OP

SCol Lanadon
Alpha Gal Exo
CWI

#30 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 12 February 2015 - 01:40 AM

Posted Image

This is an acceptable inspiration.

Edited by Wingbreaker, 12 February 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#31 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 11 February 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

[Redacted]

I doubt you have understand the sense of why we were talking about it that way and what the clan way of breeding pilots has to do with it.

Now take a jade falcon lime colored and flavoured candi

Posted Image

#32 GonaDie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

^ I APPROVE THIS LOLLIPOP ^

Edited by GonaDie, 12 February 2015 - 04:38 AM.

#33 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:26 PM

Folks, you know some of the stuff posted in here is inappropriate, please use the chance to correct what you know you really shouldn't have posted.

#34 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

man candi please... I'm sure you can come up with one using the 2 guys of Strike back....??? lol

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

They'd make FINE Jade Falcons I'm sure!... Or Snow Ravens

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 14 February 2015 - 04:40 AM.

#35 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostSaber1, on 08 February 2015 - 07:40 PM, said:

From this simple abakha and with my bondholder's permission, a token of motivation that highlights the main difference between us and our other Clan kin:
Future Khan Pinup (without the extras)

Lore Link

Clanner pride, quiaff?

[[Fandom purely. Model is from some pills site somewhere, acquired through Google searching.]]

Hey, I know that Summoner... :ph34r:

Nice job. She looks like a Clanner.

#36 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,200 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 05 November 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 09 February 2015 - 09:17 PM, said:

so...If I gave you a pic of me you could add Snow Raven and Emerald Talon logos to it?? Cool!!!

If so I might see if I can get something done for our units site and for the cover art for the short stories I've been writing.

Although I may end up being to self conscious to use my own photo

I could do that Keira!

#37 Khyora

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:01 AM

View PostKain Demos, on 10 February 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

Seeing as how trueborns are engineered with their reproductive systems "turned off" this just means more sex for pleasure without consequences. It is the clan way.

If it was turned off, Aiden would not have a Daughter.

#38 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostNoesis, on 11 February 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

Wow, I totally missed that part, very interesting and making a lot of sense.

View PostSassori, on 11 December 2015 - 05:01 AM, said:

If it was turned off, Aiden would not have a Daughter.

well turned off as in non functioning for breeding, that dos not necessarily require not able to execure sex as an acitivity. Or as already said probably can be activated (again), by hormons or whatever ways.

Edited by Lily from animove, 11 December 2015 - 06:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users