Clan Uac Need Improvement

31 replies to this topic

#1 Anakha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:18 AM

So I think we need to improve the Clan UAC either through reducing the number of rounds or increasing the velocity significantly. The IS AC get single shot but the clan AC get burst and even with this burst the same velocity which makes them a significantly sup par weapon to use. I think if we reduced them to 2 rounds for the uac2, uac5, and uac10, and maybe 4 for the uac10 that would help significantly. I also think that since their burst they need to have a much higher velocity than the IS single shot AC.

Thoughts?

#2 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,981 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

Shortening the burst would be the better option IMO.
Same ROF, same DPS, same shell count, just that each shell in the burst should be closer together.

Especially on the UAC-20.

Oh, and the Jam rate on the UAC-2 is ******* ********.

Edited by Mister D, 09 February 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#3 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:30 AM

First we need a working hitreg for autocannons.

#4 Aiden Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 1,364 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

I would prefer if the shells were closer together. It will certainly make them more attractive for me.

#5 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:47 AM

I'd go for faster velocity. Small shells should go faster, no?

#6 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

2 shots per burst......keep the shell spread the same....2 shots instead of 4+Double rate would miles towards making the CUAC kinda nice.

And even if they got cheap on us and said the double rate was the CUAC firing 2 shots instead of 1, they removed the jam chance and gave the things a slightly faster, maybe 0.5s faster CD....awesome lol.

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 09 February 2015 - 09:04 AM.

#7 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:34 AM

View PostAnakha, on 09 February 2015 - 07:18 AM, said:

So I think we need to improve the Clan UAC either through reducing the number of rounds or increasing the velocity significantly. The IS AC get single shot but the clan AC get burst and even with this burst the same velocity which makes them a significantly sup par weapon to use. I think if we reduced them to 2 rounds for the uac2, uac5, and uac10, and maybe 4 for the uac10 that would help significantly. I also think that since their burst they need to have a much higher velocity than the IS single shot AC.

Thoughts?

Voted Down.

Not needed. The Clan A/C and UA/C are already ridiculously OP. The amount of rounds they can unleash is annoying, frustrating, and irritating. Trying to see past all those rounds gets old. The amount of screen shake received from any of the clan AC weapons is nauseating. Besides, any clan AC weapon supplemented with some Clan lasers is furthermore... Ridiculous.

Clans mechs need nerfing, not buffing. Yes I own clan mechs. No they are not fun. Far to easy to overwhelm the enemy causing them to panic. I personally like a challenge unlike all the Mech Warriors that use clan mechs.

Edited by Finkledbody, 09 February 2015 - 09:35 AM.

#8 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

View PostFinkledbody, on 09 February 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Voted Down.

Not needed. The Clan A/C and UA/C are already ridiculously OP. The amount of rounds they can unleash is annoying, frustrating, and irritating. Trying to see past all those rounds gets old. The amount of screen shake received from any of the clan AC weapons is nauseating. Besides, any clan AC weapon supplemented with some Clan lasers is furthermore... Ridiculous.

Clans mechs need nerfing, not buffing. Yes I own clan mechs. No they are not fun. Far to easy to overwhelm the enemy causing them to panic. I personally like a challenge unlike all the Mech Warriors that use clan mechs.

Posted Image

#9 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:41 AM

Voted Down.

Clans mechs need nerfing, not buffing. Yes I own clan mechs. No they are not fun.

O.o

If we were to reduce the number of rounds in the burst, say 2/3 rounds, the worst it would be, would be like the cUAC 5, rather than the 4/5 round bursts of the cUAC 10/20. That would both nerf the suppression effect of cUAC's, at the same time buffing them away from working like clan lasers being hit scan as they are now, and move them to be more in line with IS AC's, yet still different and keeping with the DoT theme of the Clans.

#10 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

You know, some people use the CUACs like a surgical knife. A little harder than hitting with lasers with much less heat. Maybe you should figure out how to use the weapon instead of asking for it to be improved? But, we both know which is easier and which is harder. Always easier to beg someone to do your work for you.

#11 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostZolaz, on 09 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

You know, some people use the CUACs like a surgical knife. A little harder than hitting with lasers with much less heat. Maybe you should figure out how to use the weapon instead of asking for it to be improved? But, we both know which is easier and which is harder. Always easier to beg someone to do your work for you.

Or perhaps play against competent opponents. If you can't spread a UAC20, you have some gameplay issues.

#12 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

If you improve Clan UACs, you're going to have to make them heavier. The Clan UAC advantage is that they're significantly lighter (and use fewer crits) than Inner Sphere UACs.

So yeah, when compared directly to Inner Sphere UACs they seem worse, but they're actually not because you can carry a spare ER-Medium Laser and a Double Heat Sink along with them.

#13 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:47 AM

Voted Down.

Is that why I always see so many cUACs in CW and the IS never ever brings ACs, oh wait it's the opposite.

Apparently all the clan players are just playing wrong? Not sure how cUACs are so OP, a nice Wubbuild torso twisting will lay the smackdown.

#14 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

Shells number Reduction (1 x uAC/2 , 2 x uAC/5 , 3 for uAC10 , 4 x uAC/20)
(Benetifts = Higher but less crititical hits + lesser stunlocks/blindlocks)

Shell Speed Boosts (2000m/s x uAC/2 , 1500m/s x uAC/5 , 1250m/s x uAC/10 , 1000m/s x uAC/20
(Benefits = Less Spread, Better efficiency for single/double mount)

Slight Jam Chance reduction for uAC/10 and uAC/20

Lesser uAC/20 Ghost Heat penalty

The unique problem is limiting DWF Boating efficiency that may be approached in different ways, for example
raising ghost heat, negative cooldown quirks, incremental jam chance (every additional gun of the same type will raise base jam chance by x%) or just a mix of them with lesser penalty values...

Have to be tested...

Edited by ACH75, 09 February 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#15 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 09 February 2015 - 06:49 PM

My outrageous suggestion, get rid of the jam and double tap mechanic.
Boost the damage per shell by 50-100% and/or shorten the gap between firing.

While we are on the subject of ACs needing improvement, are we ever gonna get a boost to poor LBX (like a damage boost)?

Edited by WM Quicksilver, 09 February 2015 - 06:51 PM.

#16 ACH75

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 251 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 09 February 2015 - 06:49 PM, said:

While we are on the subject of ACs needing improvement, are we ever gonna get a boost to poor LBX (like a damage boost)?

LBX needs only much lesser spread, especially the 10 and the 20 ones

#17 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,785 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:11 PM

View PostACH75, on 09 February 2015 - 07:10 PM, said:

LBX needs only much lesser spread, especially the 10 and the 20 ones

They would still be inferior to their standard counterparts because PPFLD > everything else. They need higher damage or better RoF to ever compete.

#18 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

The total "duration" of the UAC/20 is about 0.68 seconds. For reference, the Clan Small Pulse Laser has a duration of 0.75 seconds...

The problem isn't the delay between each bullet. The problem is that the delay between them gets exasperated by the slow projectile speed. Lasers get away with long durations such as 1.2 seconds (CERLL) because they hit their target instantly (hitscan), but Clan UACs have to try to compensate their aim for multiple projectiles in a single trigger pull. So, a significantly faster projectile speed would make it that much easier to lead a burst, and increase the likelihood of more projectiles hitting the target at least somewhere.

Voted Down.

Clan standard ACs are worthless.

Clan Ultra ACs can be good when boated, but the keyword is boated. When boated, enough of their projectiles can converge together to create respectable super-projectiles. Basically, when you fire 6 UAC/5 on a Dire Whale, you're not actually firing 6 UAC/5. You're really firing a super AC/10, because each UAC/5 mini-projectile combines with the others.

Each one is individually 1.67 damage, but when you shoot 6 at a time they become 10 damage. And each burst fires this 3 times, so it's a triple AC/10. And then you can double-tap it to become a hexa-AC/10.

Edited by FupDup, 09 February 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#19 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:43 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 09 February 2015 - 11:34 AM, said:

If you improve Clan UACs, you're going to have to make them heavier. The Clan UAC advantage is that they're significantly lighter (and use fewer crits) than Inner Sphere UACs.

So yeah, when compared directly to Inner Sphere UACs they seem worse, but they're actually not because you can carry a spare ER-Medium Laser and a Double Heat Sink along with them.

Meanwhile, clan AC2 is actually more crits. AC5 is not significantly different in crits either. Yes, clan ACs are lighter, but we don't want them to work exactly like IS ACs and that's not what we're saying here. We want them to be more functional though, because right now the only mech worth taking clan ACs on is the Dire Whale because you put so many rounds down range that the spread hardly matters. Right now clan ACs are "working as intended". That is to say, smart clanners take Gauss.

#20 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:44 PM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 09 February 2015 - 07:11 PM, said:

They would still be inferior to their standard counterparts because PPFLD > everything else. They need higher damage or better RoF to ever compete.

LBX series discussion:
They could do the whole 3x damage* on exposed internals making them the ultimate finisher but weak otherwise having a very niche role on the battlefield**. Then pairing them with a armor busting weapon like SRMs/Lasers/ACs would be very popular.

UACs:
They need something. What that something is? No idea, but it needs some changes to even be on my radar.

*back to standard critical chances as that would no longer be needed.
**That little adder with the LBX20 boom stick becomes a little more scary later in the match.

Edited by Chagatay, 09 February 2015 - 07:46 PM.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users