3 replies to this topic

#1 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:35 AM

So, today I learned that the trees on Viridian Bog will block ALL lasers...but not missiles. Nope. If you get targeted by LRMs, don't try using the trees as cover. It doesn't work.

And I'm not talking about the leaves / canopy. No, I'm talking about the big ******* trunks and branches. I'm talking about those goddamn branches that when you try to shoot between them, you're lasers will hit a magical wall. LRMs, though? They go right through the ******* trunks and branches (as in, they CLIP through them), the very same ones that block the lasers (even when you're not shooting anything solid).

Because, of course.

Yeah, so, PGI, please fix this complete, absolutely, total, unequivocal bullshit. It's a good thing you removed Mining Collective from the rotation, cause I'm already not playing on that map until you fix it, but soon there will be another map I will not be playing...

#2 Sabazial

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • Point Commander
  • 725 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

Can't say i've noticed this when i've played on that map? If the texture is solid and blocks lasers missiles shouldn't be able to clip through it.

#3 Logal Dazlar

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 75 posts
  • LocationUnknown asteroid in Kurita space

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:37 AM

The hitboxes on the trees is 2x the diameter of the tree, so shooting around is tricky. The canopy doesn't stop LRM's but the branches do. The branches don't seem to have the same hitbox scenario as the trucks.

This is par for the course on most maps. Hitboxes don't match visuals. I wonder if PGI fixed this, would there be an FPS increase?

Oh well :D
Have fun shoot lots

#4 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

There would be an FPS decrease, if there would be a change at all, because better fitting collision meshes means more complex collision meshes, which means more CPU time used for collision detection.

That said, some of the collision meshes are really, really bad. They are so bad that I walk into the open out of frustration sometimes.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users