Cwi

11 replies to this topic

#1 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:40 PM

you have an warrior with in your ranks that brings great dishonor to both your clan an unit. an has well passed into an dezgra.

#2 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:44 PM

thakn yu well 4 intiel, we ll make him an dezgra.

#3 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:46 PM

View Postkf envy, on 28 February 2015 - 10:40 PM, said:

you have an warrior with in your ranks that brings great dishonor to both your clan an unit. an has well passed into an dezgra.

Mind PM-ing me this particular person's name and situation that led to this?

#4 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:02 AM

View PostAresye, on 28 February 2015 - 10:46 PM, said:

Mind PM-ing me this particular person's name and situation that led to this?

Just as an aside.....how, exactly, is discipline being handled between Clans without an Ilkhan?

I mean no disrespect if respect was warranted, I am merely curious. Are we to take the word of an inferior Clan, a Crusader Clan at that, over the integrity of one of our own?

I am simply curious how the inter-clan operations work.

#5 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 08 March 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

Just as an aside.....how, exactly, is discipline being handled between Clans without an Ilkhan?

I mean no disrespect if respect was warranted, I am merely curious. Are we to take the word of an inferior Clan, a Crusader Clan at that, over the integrity of one of our own?

I suspect that since not everyone want to roleplay in this game, inter-unit discipline is handled somewhat differently than what you would see in a lore setting. Best way would therefore to sit down, hear what happened, present proof of suspected transgressions and figure it out through out of character diplomacy.

#6 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostVincent V., on 08 March 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

I suspect that since not everyone want to roleplay in this game, inter-unit discipline is handled somewhat differently than what you would see in a lore setting. Best way would therefore to sit down, hear what happened, present proof of suspected transgressions and figure it out through out of character diplomacy.

Our unit doesn't use any of crap but instead relies upon spanking machine we use to provide discipline.

Edited by Blueduck, 08 March 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#7 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 08 March 2015 - 04:02 AM, said:

I have no control over what SWOL, CWDG, GK, or other Clan Wolf units do in terms of disciplining their members. We are all separate units with different policies and leadership.

As the Loremaster for Clan Wolf International, I act as head of investigation and inquiry into allegations of misconduct. If it's something relatively minor, the facts are compiled, discussed with the Khan, and the Khan will determine an appropriate course of action (reduction in rank, probation, etc). If the actions are severe (cheating, hacking, discrimination, hate, mutiny, etc), then a more in-depth investigation is conducted, and a Clan Council is called with the Khan, saKhan, and at least 4 bloodnamed warriors. Testimony is heard, witnesses are called, and in the end, the council votes on whether the member is guilty/innocent of the alleged misconduct. If the member is found guilty, the council will then vote on an appropriate punishment. As the investigating officer, I have no vote.

Sounds corny, but we have over 230 members, so unfortunately incidents will happen. This method ensures each incident is handled the same, and tries to eliminate any conflicts of interest that may result in biased action.

#8 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 08 March 2015 - 02:40 PM

View PostAresye, on 08 March 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

I have no control over what SWOL, CWDG, GK, or other Clan Wolf units do in terms of disciplining their members. We are all separate units with different policies and leadership.

As the Loremaster for Clan Wolf International, I act as head of investigation and inquiry into allegations of misconduct. If it's something relatively minor, the facts are compiled, discussed with the Khan, and the Khan will determine an appropriate course of action (reduction in rank, probation, etc). If the actions are severe (cheating, hacking, discrimination, hate, mutiny, etc), then a more in-depth investigation is conducted, and a Clan Council is called with the Khan, saKhan, and at least 4 bloodnamed warriors. Testimony is heard, witnesses are called, and in the end, the council votes on whether the member is guilty/innocent of the alleged misconduct. If the member is found guilty, the council will then vote on an appropriate punishment. As the investigating officer, I have no vote.

Sounds corny, but we have over 230 members, so unfortunately incidents will happen. This method ensures each incident is handled the same, and tries to eliminate any conflicts of interest that may result in biased action.

Thank you very much. That is exactly what I was asking for.

#9 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostAresye, on 08 March 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

I'm in the same boat. We're got well over 250 members at this point and occasionally someone is going to do something stupid. If it's a real problem we normally just talk to the person and I've never had that not fix a misunderstanding yet. It's just a game after all and occasionally someone has a bad day.

I don't really view it as my job to "discipline" the unit members. With that said we do have some basic codes of conduct like not team killing and such. Again though, this really has never been a problem in so far it happened once when someone got really frustrated at someone. In that case most of the unit members playing with him just said that was not cool and the issue never came up again.

Edited by Blueduck, 08 March 2015 - 04:56 PM.

#10 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

We will get after him.

#11 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 08 March 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

I don't really view it as my job to "discipline" the unit members. With that said we do have some basic codes of conduct like not team killing and such. Again though, this really has never been a problem in so far it happened once when someone got really frustrated at someone. In that case most of the unit members playing with him just said that was not cool and the issue never came up again.

It's pretty much the same for us. We attempt to handle things at the lowest level. A minor infraction or a single instance of say...teamkilling, would generally just be handled by the drop commander or most senior person saying to not do it again. If it was intentional, it might be a quick pull to the side to ask what the deal is, and make sure they won't do it again, but overall we try not to make a big deal out of it.

Unfortunately, sometimes even minor infractions can turn into big deals when people blow things way out of proportion and start spreading rumors around what happened. That's when I'll usually get involved.

Our legal system in the Clan is generally reserved for some pretty serious s*** though. I've been a part of CWI for 4 years (originally an MWLL unit), and I've seen quite some pretty severe disorderly conduct. I'd recommend having some form of system set in the case you ever have something severe, because with that many members, unfortunately the odds go higher the more you have.

I've seen 3 separate occasions where a member has attempted to mutiny against the Khan and upper leadership, 1 occasion of a member attempting to rig a Bloodname Trial, 3 counts of espionage from outside units, 2 counts of hacking and/or threatening to hack, and quite a few minor issues that got turned into big issues. Take in mind these are the most severe things I've seen, and that's over the course of 4 years. Most of them happening before we had any kind of established policy.

Edited by Aresye, 08 March 2015 - 10:39 PM.

#12 Funkmaster Rick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 184 posts
  • Locationis just an illusion.

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

I do not know how discipline is handled among the clans and their various groups. I, for one, have a very lengthy memory. If I see one member of a group being a dinkus, well, that guy's a dinkus. If I see multiple members from a group being dumbasses, well, that group is then filled with dumbasses, and I make sure to mention it often if I see that group or others who are associated with them.

Maybe not the standard way of handling things, but if more than one member of a group is being dumb, it stains the entire group in my mind for months to come. =/

So, yeah, probably best that the groups handle their own internal punishments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users