Skills

18 replies to this topic

#1 Brienne

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFrog heaven

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

Hi,

I play often as a pug. And I see sometimes mechs running directly to ennemies.
Ok, they are maybe noobs, disoriented, ...

But is it possible some people grind this way ? I feel like they WANT to die quickly.
By the way, I don't see how PGI could track those kamikazes who ruin the game.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:08 AM

Yes, you do get at least 25000 per game by doing so, but it is terribly inefficient way of doing things.

Unless you intentionally wish to tank your Elo for the upcoming tournament... ...then you are a sly *******.

#3 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:22 AM

Challenges bring out more of that sort of behavior.
They figure if they can just take one enemy down with them then jump into another mech to repeat they will get through the challenge quickly.

There are valid reasons to run straight towards the enemy spawn in a fast light, though it shouldn't involve actually getting dead.
UAV them, fracture the team as half give chase. Can really mess up a PUG teams chance of holding a formation very early in the match and the beginning of a good 12/0 in your teams favor.
Sometimes it all goes wrong with an AC40 Jaeger with good aim is further forward than he should be and 0 DMG is quite embarrassing. Logout immediately before any comments if that happens lol.

#4 JayKay17

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 111 posts
  • LocationDresden

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:23 AM

absolut ineficient to grind this way, especially for xp.
Another reason could be that some of this people just opened full throttle and then the game crashed. Happend to me a handful of times. And if you aren't lucky and get stopped by some terrain you usually just rush directly into the enemy and get killed before you can rejoin.

And here's the real question, why is it that I don't get stopped by terrain in this situation, but get stopped everytime by tiny rocks if I just try to run around the next corner to get into cover. Has to be Murphys Law...

#5 Ralgas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

i assume if you have a mechbay big enough suicide running could be c-bill/time efficient. Damn boring though

Edited by Ralgas, 17 February 2015 - 04:25 AM.

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:27 AM

I see it sometimes as a way to deny a person a kill. Things like...

* Lights with cored legs JJing into the sky and crashing down to destroy their legs
* Running out of bounds
* Overheating and exploding (although this may also be a last ditch effort to kill or badly damage an attacking opponent)

I do on rare occasions see a mech run off to the enemy at the beginning of a match just to die quickly, but it is a bit rare. Again, the farming potential of such an action is minimal at best. I'd imagine a player earns a lot more by actually trying to do well.

#7 Raggedyman

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostBrienne, on 17 February 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

Hey! Be fair, it's perfectly possible for them to be experienced pilots that just want to try out an awesome new Headbutt attack or see if this time Face Scouting will actually work this time. Or maybe they just can't hear your tactical advice over the sound of how awesome their bottle of wine is because it's Friday night and they've had a long week at work and they are convinced that Direwolf hasn't seen them coming and nor have it's mates and the armour will survive this time.

Just stop judging, mokay

#8 Idalgos

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 98 posts
  • LocationLipetsk, Russia

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:35 AM

Well, sometimes it's a guy, who try to charge enemy lines, only to notice his team is not following him. Sad story, like if you cry every time.

#9 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

I suspect it works like this - Run into enemy team, target everyone you see and splash your laser across as much enemies as posiible. If your team wins after that, you are rolling in cash with scout bonuses and 10 assists.

#10 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

I hate this behaviour and see a lot of it especially when there's an event going on.Waste of time and and no help whatsoever for the team.Selfish too.

#11 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

Sometime I think about PGi testing bot.

Today it was hilarous: on caustic's caldera, we were on a side, the enemy on the opposite side; a king crab, sadly in my team, decided to chaaaaaarge with all its lightning speed!!!

I think he died in less than 2 seconds. LOL

But your question remains: WHY????
Still I don't know.

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 17 February 2015 - 04:48 AM.

#12 Brienne

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFrog heaven

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:41 AM

Hmmm
Spawn, runs for 20 sec, and doesn't notice he is alone ?

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:46 AM

View PostBrienne, on 17 February 2015 - 04:04 AM, said:

Hi,

But is it possible some people grind this way ? I feel like they WANT to die quickly.
By the way, I don't see how PGI could track those kamikazes who ruin the game.

For me its the fact I made a wrong turn and found myself some playmates. So I reach out to play!

#14 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 17 February 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Today it was hilarous: on caustic's caldera, we were on a side, the enemy on the opposite side; a king crab, sadly in my team, decided to chaaaaaarge with all its lightning speed!!!

Still I don't know.

Leroy Jenkins?

#15 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:59 AM

No way it is efficient even with the light que time. Takes at least 4 minutes of wait and load time to get onto a map.

#16 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:13 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 17 February 2015 - 04:41 AM, said:

Sometime I think about PGi testing bot.

Still I don't know.

Had that the other week with a Timberwolf.
Came all the way across taking fire then died.
I typed in "Leeroy Timberkins!"
He then called me a child and mocked me for standing under his UAV, which I couldn't spot so immediately shot down I guess.

#17 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:19 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 17 February 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

He then called me a child and mocked me for standing under his UAV, which I couldn't spot so immediately shot down I guess.

It's a new tactic!
Scout Timber!

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:24 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 17 February 2015 - 05:13 AM, said:

I know lights will sometimes risk getting close to an enemy team to pop a UAV, but a 75 ton heavy? Wow.

Let that be an indicator to you guys too. If you see an enemy light run through your ranks or run close and bug out, look towards the sky, he probably launched a UAV.

#19 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:26 AM

Its probably a botter, the rewards for this game are not much better if you stay and play, so I can see it. I dont condone botting, cheating or anything, wish it could be squashed forever, but when you play, work hard, do well, kill 2, assist 5, get 650dmg and net 90K over the course of a 10 minute game, it almost looks better to just MC a series of maybe 8 mechs, ready up, log in, tell your bot to rush forward and die, hope you win, and go on to the next game, you get 25K for a win regardless, and since you last all of 30 seconds, its about 25K every 3-5 minutes, barring Q times and what not. The person then just goes AFK and comes back in a week....

If rewards were....adequate, there would be alot less botting and other cheap ways of people seeking to make Cbills. World of Tanks, back when it used to have a really nice economy, even on a standard account, playing my Easy 8 Sherman, in an average game where I deal maybe 700dmg(My tanks health), get maybe a kill or 2 and some assists, I could easily net 20-30K a game, which is great progress in that game, it was about 500k a day, had my T29 in 3 days, had it elite in about 5.

BUt, WoT to has nerfed their earnings and now the playerbase and botting has noticeably increased, all those terrible red players who do nothing? likely a bot trying to just grind it out......

so yeah....making a game so damn grindy only ruins the game in the long run....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users