37 replies to this topic

#1 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

Sup guys.

With preliminary in-house voting wrapping up, it's looking like we'll be spending a couple weeks fighting with House Kurita starting Sunday. Considering the way our previous contract here ended, I thought it would be most prudent and honorabru to introduce ourselves properly this time.

Hi, I'm Vlad. I'm a senior admin/leader/forumwarrior with The Remnant. My more diplomatic counterpart is Epitaph, senior admin/ultimate leader/Space Jesus Kira Yamato of The Remnant. Any requests for fancy e-politics things like extramarital diplomatic affairs can be sent his way because I think e-politics is stupid and don't have the patience for that ****.

Our unit is relatively small, consisting of both retired competitive MWO players and people who installed the game last week. Our core comp team dates back to the earliest days of RHOD and MCW, when we were ranked in the top 5 of all NA teams by TheMagician's League ELO system. While the pillars of that team remain active with us, we have lacked the consistent numbers to compete in league play for a long time now. We currently operate with an average group size of 4-6, and it's generally a good day if we're fielding a full 10 or 12-man. In the latter case, there's a good chance that half of the team is fielding mostly trial mechs.

Because of this, our primary objective in matches is currently the farming of c-bills so that our newer players can further develop their drop decks. We play every game out to 48 kills whenever possible - a tactic I know is occasionally frowned upon in the Inner Sphere where light rushes are actually a thing and planets gain/lose wedges more rapidly. Unless PGI implements a way for me to take my c-bills and hand them over to someone else, I'm afraid this won't be changing any time soon.

Many of our older members are burned out on TS-hopping and boondoggling with other units. By that I mean I'm burned out on TS-hopping and boondoggling with other units. So, you probably won't see me on the HK TS or the Kurita enjin or anything like that. It's nothing personal, I promise. I'm just extraordinarily lazy. Since our primary motivation is farming c-bills for people and we lack the numbers to start throwing 12-mans at empty planets, we'll generally go where the fights are already happening and the wait times look good. This tends to work out pretty well for both us and the faction units we're allied with. If you really need us to go somewhere, or stop going somewhere, or whatever it is people need to talk to mercs about, shoot me or Epitaph a PM, register as a Diplomat on our website (the-remnant.enjin.com), or hop onto our TS (RemnantHPG.us.to, pw:spacesamurai). You're also totally welcome to head over to chill and drop with us if you really want to, that's entirely up to you.

Much like House Kurita does not react well when threatened with war and the pulling of merc support by the nSL, The Remnant (mostly me) doesn't react well when threatened with RP MRBC sanctions or the threat that not playing ball with faction e-politics will somehow ruin the reputation of a Mektek-era unit (got this a lot from Clan Davion). I'd like to think that we're all reasonable people and that any disagreements we have can be resolved amicably. In the worst case, however, I will always put the needs of my members above the needs of a faction or star league. It's nothing personal, it just is what it is.

As a final note, I will leave you with this 4-star Amazon.com review posted yesterday by our friends in Clan Smoke Jaguar:

Spoiler

Forward, for Dear Coordinator!

#2 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

Vlad Ward with the Falcons? Oh Dear, seems that the wolves got screwed up by Loosing their Bloodname to the Falcons...

#3 Richter Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 601 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:05 AM

Konnichiwa.

#4 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

I am glad to see you with us again, i have always had great respect for you guys since i started playing. cant wait to drop with you guys on the battlefield :D

#5 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

NKVA has been filling out its drop decks for a while now so you have my sympathy.

#6 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

Inflammatory Forum Rhetoric, they say? I say welcome, likeminded friend, and let's inflame some forums.

#7 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

So, here we are, full circle :)

Hopefully this latest go around will be more beneficial to both REM and HK.

There is plenty of fighting to go around in Kurita space so you should have plenty of avenues to farm c-bills.

My suggestion is that you reevaluate your position on joining our house TS.
There are several HK pilots looking for groups and if you are fielding 6 or more already then you could easily get 12.
This would make your group even more effective.

Plus, we may find ourselves dropping together personally with this TS opportunity. Wouldn't that be a treat :)

#8 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

or i would at least keep someone idling in the HK ts so that we can coordinate if we feel that it is necessary

#9 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

Join our TS, don't join our TS, meh. Glad to have some more warriors around.

#10 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:25 AM

Shoot enemy robots for glory of Dear Coordinator.

#11 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

Remnant, if you don't join TS one night and have us running 2 split NKVA/Remnant groups running a train on all comers (ha ha ha) we're gonna be real disappointed. :)

#12 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

We don't have any bans on visiting other people's TS or anything. I'm just lazy and kinda a **** so being polite and **** on other people's TS's gets exhausting. I'll forward the invitation, though.

edit:

View PostSocop, on 13 February 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Remnant, if you don't join TS one night and have us running 2 split NKVA/Remnant groups running a train on all comers (ha ha ha) we're gonna be real disappointed. :)

This sounds hilarious.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 13 February 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#13 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

Don't forget, the magic words are Die, Clanner. Potentially even better when it's Clanners telling Clanners to die? Will commence in depth study asap.

#14 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

I am sincere here for moment:

I think you enjoy very much to play for Kurita if want to shoot robots with fast queue. Right now Davion giving up, but Kurita Jaguar border VERY good for fast match. Queue up there and billion clan vat spawn instantly appear to do battle.

#15 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:56 AM

I dunno about anyone else OP but no one in NKVA will ever yell at you for attacking the wrong robots or whatever. I look forward to shooting robots with you, or not, whatever.

#16 An Anime Princess

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:00 AM

My royal bloodline gives me the authority to say that Dear Co-ordinator smiles on whatever robot you shoot in his name.

#17 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

*Bows 30°* Ni Hao.

#18 paxmortis

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationDortmund, Germany

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Welcome to house Kurita!

#19 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:39 AM

I vote we make Vlad an honorary NKVA member in recognition of their twin troll spirits ;)

Good to have you REM.

#20 callmejon

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 76 posts
  • Locationeverywhere

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:09 PM

Greetings and Welcome to House Kurita Honored Combatants *Bows*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users