Assists?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny GoEasy

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:32 PM

Alright. Pretty new to this but getting the hang of it. I just got out of a match though in which I was running a Raven 3L. I NARCed and Tagged everything in sight. I stayed with a group of 4 or 5 larger Mechs providing ECM coverage and we did very well. We sustained very few casualties and kicked lots of butt.

How ever at the end of the match, I only got 3 assists. Is the assist score based on damage alone? Tagging while something is being hit with someone else's missiles doesn't count?

#2 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

You need to have dealt damage to a 'Mech for it to be considered a Kill Assist. Getting a TAG or NARC bonus could be considered assisting in a kill, but that is apparently either more difficult to track properly, or just wasn't considered inthe Assist Rewards yet.

#3 Johnny GoEasy

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thank you very much Seth. I'll make sure to at least throw in a pop shot now and then. Hate to give up my cover though :)

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

Those get awarded by cbill rewards, however they don't count as "Kill assists" as they lack actual damage. You assisted others in their quest to deal damage and thus were paid for it, rather than the act of hitting them with damage yourself to assist in the actual killing of said enemy which would have counted as a kill assist.

This is how the game regards it.

#5 Johnny GoEasy

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts
  • LocationMaine, USA

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:32 PM

ahh, awesome Konliving! Thank you.

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:42 PM

View PostSwampDonkie, on 13 February 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

ahh, awesome Konliving! Thank you.

PS: Always listen to Koniving. Unless he's talking about making a 7 ERPPC mech or some such. :P

#7 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:44 PM

View PostSwampDonkie, on 13 February 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Thank you very much Seth. I'll make sure to at least throw in a pop shot now and then. Hate to give up my cover though :)

Just laser someone a little the first time you Narc them. Also remember that it doesn't count as a kill assist if the guy you nick doesn't get killed down the road.

#8 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:43 AM

Rule of thumb: Shoot every mech you see at least once.

#9 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:54 PM

View PostSwampDonkie, on 13 February 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

Ah, but that's why you only shoot the moment the incoming missiles hit. Unless he's staring in your direction a laser hit will go unnoticed in such a situation. He might have a buddy that's able to see you shooting though!

#10 Tim East

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 12:04 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 15 February 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Ah, but that's why you only shoot the moment the incoming missiles hit. Unless he's staring in your direction a laser hit will go unnoticed in such a situation. He might have a buddy that's able to see you shooting though!

That's a great trick that I've used time and again, but don't exclude the possibility of just laser-shanking him just because he's not getting missiled in the face. Go for the legs and stick to his back like a proverbial monkey, and as long as nobody else sees you, you'll be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users