Which Hunchback Should I Get As My Third?

13 replies to this topic

#1 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

So I have the 4P and 4G. But I don't know what to get as my third. Is the AC 10 one good? Or should I go missile? I hate fighting with lrms so if I pick missiles guys it would be close range brawling.

Edited by MysticLink, 14 February 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

I'd suggest the 4SP on the least reliance on the hunch.

However, the 4J's LRM10 spam hunch is currently very popular... probably recommendable by JHunch (JMan5) himself.

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

The SRM brawler is pretty good, and so is the AC10. you won't lose if you pick either.

#4 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:18 AM

4sp fo sho

#5 AntiCitizenJuan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

The 4H is my favorite Hunchie, Mastered with modules the AC10 fires extremely fast, and with 4MLs back up you can put a serious hurting on another robot, all while going 89.1

#6 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

The 4H and the 4SP are both excellent. The 4J is a gimmick. In terms of fun and effectiveness I'd say take the 4SP, although it's a riskier pick than the 4H due to SRM range. Considering you have a 4G, the 4H might just feel a bit sad by comparison. Take the 4SP.

#7 Rorvik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationYYZ

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

I send you taking the 4SP. The 4H is too similar to the 4G to be worth it, and you can always put the LRMs on the 4SP if you want (though you won't get nearly as good quirk bonus from it).

#8 Vanguard836

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,101 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

4 SP is a very solid brawler that can remain fairly effective even after losing a side torso (depending on your config of course).

#9 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

I bought 4J. Those dual LRM10s deal Assault level damage and really contributes towards your team's victory each game.

You already got 4G and and 4P for close range. Spice it up with some long range support.

Edited by El Bandito, 14 February 2015 - 10:57 PM.

#10 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:58 PM

View PostMysticLink, on 14 February 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

So I have the 4P and 4G. But I don't know what to get as my third. Is the AC 10 one good? Or should I go missile? I hate fighting with lrms so if I pick missiles guys it would be close range brawling.

I'm partial to the 4J. LRMs let me mix it up some, since the 4P and 4G are in your face brawlers, already.

That said, if LRMs ain't your style, the 4SP.

#11 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

The 4J is pretty damn good. It has enough energy hardpoints where you can brawl with your secondaries to good effect. You don't have to sit behind a hill you can be that direct fire lrm guy if you want. It is highly flexible in the manner in which the LRM10s are used.

Edited by Spheroid, 14 February 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#12 MikeBend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 536 posts
  • LocationUnderhive

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

4J has better energy quirks than 4P. although hardpoints are not that high, when you drop missles, your hunch disappears, I run my 4J with 2PPC in right torso (which gets structure bonus even without that easy to hit hunch). and ML in head. Works for me. I know its supposed to be LRM machinegun, but i just dont feel like it.

#13 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:05 AM

Thanks for all your advice. I took the AC10 hunchback and I do better damage output then the AC 20 hunchback. I put 5 medium lasers and 4 ac ten ammo. I got over 500 damage many times.

But maybe it's not because I'm better at the hunchback but just because I'm getting use the hunchback more.

I do get more kills with the AC 20 hunchback though.

I didn't do want to go missile brawler because I feel it's too close range. Not every battle let's you get that close till mid way plus it feels like it's not good for taking cover and hit and runs. I don't think I would know how to play with it that well.. I like to be in the fight from the start as well and not wait.

I don't like using lrms so the lrm one wouldn't suit my style either.

#14 Alakan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:43 AM

So now that MysticLink picked his hunchies, I'd like some help picking mine if you guys don't mind.

I haven't bought any yet, but I will soon. I am already set on getting a 4SP for the SRM 6 brawling goodness.

All my mechs are brawlers pretty much so I am already partial to the 4G. I am open to not getting one though, as I have a Centurion AH(L) with an AC 20 already. Any suggestions?

I haven't done a long range build in a long time. I am interested in Grid Iron for that. Wasn't interested in 4J at all until I read this thread. I haven't used lurms in my mechs in a really long time, neither have I used the gauss since they added the charge up time, so what would be easier to get used to coming from a mostly short range career?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users