Thoughts On The Madness Of A Prince:

30 replies to this topic

#21 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

Oh not blaming you for the post. I'm saying nobody should mistake this thread for anything but a funpost thread; much like the Kentares one.

Davion tried to make peace with Liao a few times when we had the advantage, they refused. Crows coming home to roost?

The terrible error of which Davion was guilty was actually winning for the first 6 weeks of CW. Everyone attacked everyone. We made the only big treaty among various fronts for the holidays, of which Liao wasn't a part and in which we still only defended for the time we offered.

No, our mistake was winning the fights that were happening. Trying to say that Davion swept out and attacked all its peaceful neighbors is incredibly disingenuous. We just didn't lose.

Now we're feeling the ebb and flow of that and people who were on the losing end are on the winning end for a bit. It'll swing back and I'm sure much of Davion will bitterly and ferociously demand the merciless destruction of, well, everyone they have the numbers to beat on for the terrible abuses and injustice thus suffered. Personally I'll still be a big fan of going to fight the Clans; I was a huge fan of that before and still am. It's where the games going to end up, sooner or later.

Crows home to roost though? Pfft. Everyone was a bully when CW started. We just had a bigger stick to start with.

#22 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

Well, except for the parts where you sort've didn't attack steiner, and then the rest of the IS actually didn't fight each other sure. So I guess if we don't count:

Kurita
Liao
Marik
FRR
Smoke Jaguar
Jade Falcon
Wolf
Ghost Bear

then yeah, everyone was bullies when CW started. It makes perfect sense!

#23 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

Now that most of Davion is empty and we can *still* roll Liao back in NA timezone if we even half try, you want us to surrender?

Wait what? Is this becoming a thing? Is it too late for Marik to demand Davions surrender?

#24 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 16 February 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

Wait what? Is this becoming a thing? Is it too late for Marik to demand Davions surrender?

Nope. Go right ahead. There's room in line for Kurita too, we're not surrender-hoggers.

#25 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:23 AM

View PostSocop, on 16 February 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Well, except for the parts where you sort've didn't attack steiner, and then the rest of the IS actually didn't fight each other sure. So I guess if we don't count:

Kurita
Liao
Marik
FRR
Smoke Jaguar
Jade Falcon
Wolf
Ghost Bear

then yeah, everyone was bullies when CW started. It makes perfect sense!

Davion and Steiner attacked each other and traded worlds on day 1. Took a while for that to settle.

Clans kicked the crap out of each other. Ask CSJ how the early part went. They fought back and forth regularly and still do. Go look at their forums.

Marik started CW punching Davions nose in; they pushed like 4 planets in before that turned around.

Steiner and Marik fought from the outset and *everyone* attacked FRR, including Kurita. Kurita and FRR made an agreement when it was clear that Kurita didn't have the people or resources to fight anyone else and FRR was getting rolled like a turtle in a dryer.

The only people who kept the peace were Liao and Marik and that's more a matter of Marik being the actual legit good guys in CW. They don't attack Liao because, well, it just wouldn't be sporting. All due and deserved props to the Kurita 12man teams that are slapping Davion around but I still say Marik is the most enjoyable people to fight. Good sports, fun, the tactics change constantly and they play well be it teams or pugs. I'm strongly of the opinion that every single faction in the game could learn a great deal about how they built their faction and how they run it. Smart money is on them to 'win' CW.

No, all Davion did was win early on. That's what we were guilty of. Everyone came out swinging in CW and then borders settled into 'this is how many fights I can manage'. Davion had 3 borders and could fight effectively on 2-3 of them for a while, so we did. Kurita happily only fought on 1 border until it could manage more, then it did.

I called this in the first couple of days. Ebb and flow and that Davion would take a drubbing for a while. I'm not frustrated with Kurita; they're finally doing great and picking the fights they can win. Not that I won't give you crap over it cuz, well, you're punching us in the face very day but no hard feelings at all. Same with Liao. I still say (and did since the first week) that there needs to be a way for Liao to open another front. All funtalk aside it's unlikely Liao is going to get a Clan border before game populations shift again. Then what? Where does that leave Liao? Jade Falcon is in a similar position. As weeks turn to years of CW that sort of thing will get worse. That's a bad game design issue.

Davion did the same thing everyone else did. We just won.

#26 The Droid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:24 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 February 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Davion and Steiner attacked each other and traded worlds on day 1. Took a while for that to settle.

Clans kicked the crap out of each other. Ask CSJ how the early part went. They fought back and forth regularly and still do. Go look at their forums.

Marik started CW punching Davions nose in; they pushed like 4 planets in before that turned around.

Steiner and Marik fought from the outset and *everyone* attacked FRR, including Kurita. Kurita and FRR made an agreement when it was clear that Kurita didn't have the people or resources to fight anyone else and FRR was getting rolled like a turtle in a dryer.

The only people who kept the peace were Liao and Marik and that's more a matter of Marik being the actual legit good guys in CW. They don't attack Liao because, well, it just wouldn't be sporting. All due and deserved props to the Kurita 12man teams that are slapping Davion around but I still say Marik is the most enjoyable people to fight. Good sports, fun, the tactics change constantly and they play well be it teams or pugs. I'm strongly of the opinion that every single faction in the game could learn a great deal about how they built their faction and how they run it. Smart money is on them to 'win' CW.

No, all Davion did was win early on. That's what we were guilty of. Everyone came out swinging in CW and then borders settled into 'this is how many fights I can manage'. Davion had 3 borders and could fight effectively on 2-3 of them for a while, so we did. Kurita happily only fought on 1 border until it could manage more, then it did.

I called this in the first couple of days. Ebb and flow and that Davion would take a drubbing for a while. I'm not frustrated with Kurita; they're finally doing great and picking the fights they can win. Not that I won't give you crap over it cuz, well, you're punching us in the face very day but no hard feelings at all. Same with Liao. I still say (and did since the first week) that there needs to be a way for Liao to open another front. All funtalk aside it's unlikely Liao is going to get a Clan border before game populations shift again. Then what? Where does that leave Liao? Jade Falcon is in a similar position. As weeks turn to years of CW that sort of thing will get worse. That's a bad game design issue.

#27 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 16 February 2015 - 12:10 AM, said:

Oh Marik, always so coy. Always wanting to know if we'll say yes before you even pop the question.

To be fair Marik has been rolling Davion more consistently than anyone else. Send whiskey and bacon and a few threatening warships, we'll talk about it over the smoking ruin of the last world you took.

#28 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:32 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 16 February 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Oh, word?

#29 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 03:11 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 14 February 2015 - 01:13 PM, said:

So wait a second. We clubbed you guys down, brutally and constantly and daily, for like 2 months.

Dear chancelor made medals for brutally clubbed turrets. Nothing more was hurt or injured.

#30 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:17 AM

Until that august day

Predicting Victory over Davion in August? That's a bold strategy, let's see how it plays out for them.

New Liao War Cry.... VD by August!

Wait.. that doesn't seem right....

#31 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:50 AM

Well, "New Avalon in the new year" is something that always works, each and every year. ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users