Why Is It....

38 replies to this topic

#21 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

This thread is lol.... I've solo dropped many times and it scored higher then guys in groups big deal. Can i have a cookie? Guess some guys are more 1337 then others and Odin sir you are clearly uber 1337 ;)

Edited by Summon3r, 15 February 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#22 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 16 February 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostSummon3r, on 15 February 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

This thread is lol.... I've solo dropped many times and it scored higher then guys in groups big deal. Can i have a cookie? Guess some guys are more 1337 then others and Odin sir you are clearly uber 1337 ;)

Yeah, here's your cookie..
And no i'm not uber leet. :ph34r:

I was trying to illustrate the need for communications with solos/pugs.
I have seen a trend of NOT communicating with solos/pugs, and I was HOPING to make the trend stop.

Seriously I have seen things go backward in terms of communication in matches.

#23 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:21 PM

well for the most part if you drop in with a majority CWDG group we will most def communicate our intentions, baring that if u see CWDG in a match and you want to "play with us" get on the wolf WE WILL BE THERE.

#24 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:03 AM

Communication is overrated...
Better be 1337 B)

#25 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:27 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why is it... Some solo players (not on comms) are out scoring (kills) members of teams that are on Comms..??

Been happening for 2 days now.

Am I going to have to get on comms and straighten this out..??

I just don't get it.

It is because Gyrok will not stop touching himself! Wait, what was the question again??? No matter, the answer is still "because Gyrok will not stop touching himself".

Edited by Armando, 23 March 2015 - 08:04 AM.

#26 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 23 March 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostArmando, on 23 March 2015 - 04:27 AM, said:

It is because Gyrok will not stop touching himself! What, what was the question again??? No matter, the answer is still "because Gyrok will not stop touching himself".

I had to lol at this...

#27 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:36 AM

tbh... sometimes the guys on comms REALLY don't know what they're doing. So I mute it.

I've also had several experiences this month where a unit is on teamspeak but also using in-game voip, and they inevitably botch up their strategy by attempting (and failing) to relay the orders on both comms. I'd rather they stick to just teamspeak than go this route. I really hate being told to "Push Now" and then not hearing the order 5 seconds later to "o SHI nvm FALL BACK" because it was only relayed to teamspeak.

Every unit has their B-team... nuff said...

Edited by Repasy, 23 March 2015 - 06:44 AM.

#28 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:21 AM

View PostRilenn, on 14 February 2015 - 08:04 PM, said:

Some people have been saying its the recent patch...packet losses and stuff. Some weird stuff has been going on.

My hit reg has gone south after voip launch.

View PostKodyn, on 14 February 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

I always experience a significant performance decrease when I run TS and MWO. It's a huge pain, since it leaves me less effective every time I drop with my unit in CW or group.

Only game that does it to me, but didn't realize this was a more common problem.

I get 0 issues with TS, but as above my hit reg has gone south after voip release.Even if I turn it off my hit reg is still worse than before, so I have two choices:
Listen to peeps and be around 40%less effective or:
Not listen to peeps and be around 20%less effective.
Not a good choice is it?

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 February 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Respectable damage and most kills. FTFY
SOLO

EDIT: that has happened more then a few times today.

DOUBLE EDIT: Solos shouldn't be doing that when 4 or more people on the team are on Comms.

Trying to make some kind of prosolo point here?

View PostJager Wolf, on 15 February 2015 - 09:14 AM, said:

I see this happen frequently when an incomplete group is dropping with some pugs. Often the group will be working together to accomplish an objective which may not necessarily include inflicting as much damage as possible to enemy mechs. The pugs on the other hand do attempt to inflict as much damage as possible sometimes the detriment of the overall success of the match.

I've seen this many times.

This a thousand times over. Ran into a member of EmP a few weeks back, he did uber damage around 3800+ and 13 kills whoopie. What he really did was put that damage into the wrong mechs at the wrong front, at the wrong time. Focusing on "carrying" he failed to listen to what others where calling out. He spent most of the match telling us he should teamkill us because we were so bad.
He failed utterly to realise what was going on, even after being told numerous times.

View PostRepasy, on 23 March 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

tbh... sometimes the guys on comms REALLY don't know what they're doing. So I mute it.

I've also had several experiences this month where a unit is on teamspeak but also using in-game voip, and they inevitably botch up their strategy by attempting (and failing) to relay the orders on both comms. I'd rather they stick to just teamspeak than go this route. I really hate being told to "Push Now" and then not hearing the order 5 seconds later to "o SHI nvm FALL BACK" because it was only relayed to teamspeak.

Every unit has their B-team... nuff said...

Aye, it'd be better if peeps just joined the house/clan ts server in the first place.....but nooo we just had to have voip so the groupaphobes didn't have to commit....

#29 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

View PostGyrok, on 23 March 2015 - 05:34 AM, said:

I had to lol at this...

Then my goal has been achieved. :-)

#30 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:02 AM

View PostSong Weyland, on 23 March 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

This a thousand times over. Ran into a member of EmP a few weeks back, he did uber damage around 3800+ and 13 kills whoopie. What he really did was put that damage into the wrong mechs at the wrong front, at the wrong time. Focusing on "carrying" he failed to listen to what others where calling out. He spent most of the match telling us he should teamkill us because we were so bad.
He failed utterly to realise what was going on, even after being told numerous times.

While I realize that EmP members have, can, (and likely will), play 'selfish', they know their shait. Knowing this, chances are really good that your team was putting damage into the wrong mechs at the wrong front, at the wrong time (not the EmP dude).

The difference between 'horrible', 'bad', 'average', 'good', 'great' is normally situation awareness. While that means many, Many, MANY things the 'key' part of situation awareness is positioning. This is something that every EmP player I have ever dropped with and against has in spades (situation awareness / great positioning).

Next time your groups picks up an EmP player I would recommend you follow THEM. Go where they go, shoot what they shoot, etc. Besides running as a full group (instead of leaving a man behind / off to them selves) it is very likely your whole team will perform better as a result (EmP members can be a force multiplier if used in this manor).

If you DO follow them, what ever you do.....DON'T stand in front of them (block their fire lanes) and DON'T stand behind them (keep them from getting back into cover). Besides both being '**** moves', chances are good they will kill you for your lack of lane discipline.

#31 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:04 AM

Aye, it'd be better if peeps just joined the house/clan ts server in the first place.....but nooo we just had to have voip so the groupaphobes didn't have to commit....

Umm no... it would be better if we just had good in-game voip. A game should never have to rely on 3rd party applications for anything, should be built in properly to the game. That is what we should strive for...

#32 mxlm

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

If someone on my team does 3.8k damage and the match isn't a total stomp in our favor, that tells me the rest of the team's play was nowhere near where it should have been or needed to be.

Well, or that the other team has multiple guys on F I S S I O N's level.

#33 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:17 AM

Considering you can wipe 48 mechs for 13,000 - 15,000 damage in CW, his 3,800 was roughly 1/4 - 1/3 what the team needed to win. If 11 other people can't put up 9k - 11k in damage between them, I would focus on that as the issue, not this person's "selfish" play... One guy solo'ing isn't radically affecting what the rest of the team is doing anyway.

That said, not cool for him to berate you during the match. But personally, if I find an EmP or a Lord, or another recognized comp team member in my group, I'm asking them for advice, not giving them orders.

#34 Star Trek

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 81 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

He spent most of the match telling us he should teamkill us because we were so bad.

He's right

#35 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostStar Trek, on 24 March 2015 - 08:55 AM, said:

He's right

Yeah he's probably not wrong.

Also, this entire thread is a really crappy humblebrag attempt.

#36 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

View PostXSurusX, on 15 February 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Okay so what I really read from OP's post is, "OMG I got the highest damage and kills in a CW match why am I better than everyone else who ever played this game? Everybody pay attention to me blah blah blah"

Just because people are on comms doesn't make them the best players in the world. Comms may be a force multiplier, but a bad player is still a bad player, a mediocre player is still mediocre, and a good player is still good.

Another point to make is that CW is primarily an objective based game. I've seen players on a normal attack not ever bothering to push the gens and omega, instead opting to just get kills and damage, and then suddenly crying how poor everyone else on their team is when they are the ones who won't help push and always prioritize 'mechs over gens/omega.

Because ONE GAME means something around here.....

Due to Disconnects, crap HSR, Lag Shield Mechs, Ping Variances your statement means nothing and you single game means nothing other then you did a good job this one time.

Keep up the good work? What are you looking for here? Some Praise? Compliments to your EPEEN?

:rolleyes:

#37 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 144 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:18 PM

View PostKhereg, on 24 March 2015 - 08:17 AM, said:

That said, not cool for him to berate you during the match. But personally, if I find an EmP or a Lord, or another recognized comp team member in my group, I'm asking them for advice, not giving them orders.

We tried, he ignored us. In fact the only "pro" team I've come across that has been both humble and helpful was a 6 man from MS. In that match they called the tactics for us,advised us and were all round top notch guys.
When you asking the force multiplier to turn around and help you engage the four mechs at your rear, shooting your omega because you know he can introduce them to the biggest can of whoopass this side of tuesday and his his response is to "go die stop being useless" it doesn't give a good impression.
I'll happily take advice and listen to anyone-provided they are not being ignorant.

#38 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:02 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 24 March 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

Because ONE GAME means something around here.....

Due to Disconnects, crap HSR, Lag Shield Mechs, Ping Variances your statement means nothing and you single game means nothing other then you did a good job this one time.

Keep up the good work? What are you looking for here? Some Praise? Compliments to your EPEEN?

:rolleyes:

Just wondering, did you mean to quote my post? Because your response has no relevance to what I posted.

#39 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

View PostOdins Fist, on 14 February 2015 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why is it... Some solo players (not on comms) are out scoring (kills) members of teams that are on Comms..??

Been happening for 2 days now.

Am I going to have to get on comms and straighten this out..??

I just don't get it.

Cause puggs on comms are annoying?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users