New 'mech: Bane (Kraken)

9 replies to this topic

#1 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'm not positive if this is the right section, and if it's not, feel free to let me know so I can take it down and move it. Thanks!

Down to business.
New 'mech, the Bane. 100 ton clan assault. Release Date: 2827
Has 3 working varients that could easily be implemented. (Though the Bane 3 would need to have the one-shot SRM-4 removed and traded for either a heatsink or some armor, or both)
Engine Size: 300 XL (Same as Dire, would move at the same speed)

Default (Prime) Loadout: 10x UAC/2, 4x MG (Wait, what?)

Before you scream at the top of your all-caps "THATS OP AS HECK AND NO!"
This thing came with four tons of ammo for the UAC/2's. You would run out quite quickly with the default variant. That's likely around 5 seconds of ammo, to be honest, though again, feel free to do the math.

I already did the math regarding tonnage and space, and you can check on smurfy if you'd care to. It has enough tons and slots without FF or Endosteel. (Though armor would need to be cut by about a ton or two, and it wouldn't have any hard-pointed heat sinks except the two in the XL 300 engine)

If you wonder what the other varients hold, then feel free to look at the wiki page here:
http://www.sarna.net...ne_%28Kraken%29

Other than that, not much else to say. I'd say it's high-time we get a mech with more than 6 ballistic slots. We're already dying over here from ghost heat on the clan side of things, so I'm sure it'll balance itself out. (Look at the ghost heat for ballistics on Smurfy's page here, you'll see what I mean http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eapon_heatscale)

#2 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostNight Wind, on 15 February 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm not positive if this is the right section, and if it's not, feel free to let me know so I can take it down and move it. Thanks!

Down to business.
New 'mech, the Bane. 100 ton clan assault. Release Date: 2827
Has 3 working varients that could easily be implemented. (Though the Bane 3 would need to have the one-shot SRM-4 removed and traded for either a heatsink or some armor, or both)
Engine Size: 300 XL (Same as Dire, would move at the same speed)

Default (Prime) Loadout: 10x UAC/2, 4x MG (Wait, what?)

Before you scream at the top of your all-caps "THATS OP AS HECK AND NO!"
This thing came with four tons of ammo for the UAC/2's. You would run out quite quickly with the default variant. That's likely around 5 seconds of ammo, to be honest, though again, feel free to do the math.

I already did the math regarding tonnage and space, and you can check on smurfy if you'd care to. It has enough tons and slots without FF or Endosteel. (Though armor would need to be cut by about a ton or two, and it wouldn't have any hard-pointed heat sinks except the two in the XL 300 engine)

If you wonder what the other varients hold, then feel free to look at the wiki page here:
http://www.sarna.net...ne_%28Kraken%29

Other than that, not much else to say. I'd say it's high-time we get a mech with more than 6 ballistic slots. We're already dying over here from ghost heat on the clan side of things, so I'm sure it'll balance itself out. (Look at the ghost heat for ballistics on Smurfy's page here, you'll see what I mean http://mwo.smurfy-ne...eapon_heatscale)

You want to add this to MWO? :huh:

Posted Image

#3 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

That is one varient of the Kraken, with 8x LRM 15's.

(Again, almost no ammo)
The kraken is all bark, no bite. Don't get intimidated by the loadout and assum-
"This design changes the weapons configuration totally. Eight LRM-15 provide fire support, while sixteen tons of ammunition proves sufficient for the design."
Oh.
Oh dear.

CLANS NEED A MISSLEBOAT TOO GUYS.
D:

But really. We need this mech. Please. I beg of you. I just want a 14x MG build.

#4 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:54 PM

I like the idea, I would like to note that this is not an OmniMech so we might not see it for a long while.

Speaking of non-OmniMechs I would also love to see the Stone Rhino (Behemoth)

#5 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,672 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:53 PM

Lol, I can see this mech in MWO now! :P
Posted Image
I WANT IT

Edited by Will9761, 15 February 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

I try to imagine how it would look like is every side would be replaced with 2 upper adder torsi. because its like mounting 2 adders with 4srm6'es.

but I seriously would consider this mech to be usd with 9 ssrm 6's just for the fun.

Edited by Lily from animove, 16 February 2015 - 07:12 AM.

#7 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Can't fit 9. It only has 8 hardpoints for missles. But imagine the death of 8 S-SRM-6's. >:D

#8 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 29 March 2015 - 08:46 PM

Umm......the head mounts another Missile hardpoint so yes you can have 9 SRM-6s. What they would have to do to fix the OS SRM-4 issue is decrease the amount of LRM ammo from 16 tons to 14 tons and replace the OS SRM-4 with a standard SRM-4 with 1 ton of ammo.

Edited by TheSilken, 29 March 2015 - 08:46 PM.

#9 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

Wow. My month's old post got revived.

STILL WANT THIS MECH. WOULD PAY TOP $$$.

#10 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:54 AM

Yeah... I want this mech too... XD

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users