Suggestion For A Strategic Level To Cw

3 replies to this topic

Poll: Punishment for losing planet (4 member(s) have cast votes)

like it?

1. yes, some of it (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. no (2 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DI3T3R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:22 AM

What are the current downsides in CW?
- All movements of troops and ressources happen instantaneously. -> boring
- One planet feels like the other. Whether you win or lose a planet, it's all the same.

I have a suggestion for the second ailment:

Economic punishment for losing a planet.
Starting situation: Your faction conquers a fresh planet or one of your planets gets switched to "contested", which means conquerable by others.
You, the defender, you only make 50% of any earned C-bills on that planet. With each match your faction fights on that planet, you get 1 percentage-point more.
Defending team of first match gets 50%, defending team of second match gets 51%, defending team of third match gets 52%... 51st match 100%... 101st match 150%... Andsoforth. (Capped at 150%?)

The punishment: If you, the defender, lose that planet, your frontline gets pushed back. You have to start a new defense on a new planet. => You start at 50% again.

The longer you hold a planet, the more valuable it becomes. (Time is counted as actual matches happening. Holding a planet that nobody attacks wouldn't change that statistic. I would carry it over for the next time the planet becomes contested.)

Do you remember that planet you failed to conquer a few weeks ago? It's becoming contested again and this time the defenders have EVEN MORE reason to defend it.

#2 Gladewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 464 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:53 AM

I might like this if there was some sort of pay to my unit coffer for having a planet. Not interested in taking a personal beating for a game mode I could then ignore to make c-bills.

#3 HARDKOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:49 PM

Only a good idea if we are talking about the match money instead of the contract rewards.

#4 JadeTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 421 posts
  • LocationCalifornia USA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

I like this idea actually and agree with HARDKOR it should only apply to match money.

Though an idea that could have it apply towards Contract as well would be for Units only, providing a contract bonus that goes to Units Coffers each time they renew and the longer the contract the larger the bonus (awarded every 7 days).

Edited by JadeTimberwolf, 16 February 2015 - 05:00 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users